Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 4, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just watching the game again.

That ferguson is a serial raker. Hope jorge remembers this for the next game as blake put one or two over him!

Our goal line defence was fairly solid! The only times roosters looked like scoring was off a kick or a flukey bounce of the ball

Take Kenny Dowell & Fergusson out of that side and they had bugger all.

Mitchell will be a good fullback in time, possibly a very good one but Manly certainly rattled him on Saturday night.

Just watching the game again.

That ferguson is a serial raker. Hope jorge remembers this for the next game as blake put one or two over him!
Isn't that what 4 refs plus a bunker with 183 camera angles is for. Or is that all only used for selective decisions based on the level of club CEO influence and broadcaster directors also being on a clubs board.

First time I got to see the game was yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised with what i saw.

i was away for the weekend and couldn't get to foxtel so decided to read the forum to get a feel for the match. What a mistake that was! You guys were all obviously stressed to your back teeth watching it and it showed in your posts.

The game wasn't a bad spectacle. While it wasn't up to the standard of the Broncs v cows, it was interesting to watch and it showed a damn gritty performance from Manly.

It as also showed what we all suspect in that refs take sides in the penalty count as we hammered 9-4 when we were not that much worse then the roosters to be penalised more than double! They were lying over us just as much and no one ever seems to drop the ball against Manly, it's always an automatic stripping penalty!

I was very happy to see the form of Myles in that game. His hit ups were very good. Time and time again he made metre after contact, driving his legs to take another 5-10 metres. This is exactly what we need from him. Great stuff.

Vave had his best game since coming here, good metres. I was surprised to see how well Mateo went at 5/8, not in attack this time but his defence was excellent.

I really feel for Buhrer, he is a very important part of our team and just can't get any luck. Heal fast Jamie.

Killer has started to step up to his high standard the last 2 games. While he won't be the Jamie of old, his tough and experienced play was needed on Saturday to settle the guys down and make a winning play with Tommy T.

So much positives to take out of a team who had 2 of their best forwards suspended, another 2 experienced players ruled out and 2 more of our best injured during the game on the back of a 5 day turnaround and 9-4 penalty count away from home...it was a GREAT win by our guys and for once we won on goal kicking!

Now for the NRL to sit back and enjoy us getting smashed next Thursday against a rampaging and filthy (and near full strength) rabbits team.

I don't believe we can possibly win this game as I don't think there's ever been a team asked to back up like this since the 80's when mid week replays were used to determine semi final spots.

I just hope we limit the damage and get within 12 points of Souths. DCE is a huge loss, while his form has been down his defence is great and under rated.

Barrett has his hands full trying to get a new team to gel while not being able to train them together consistently until a couple of months into the year.

While we've got a lot of improving to do, I'm happy to scrape in with a couple of wins the last 2 weeks. Now for more of our horror draw to get through

Isn't that what 4 refs plus a bunker with 183 camera angles is for. Don't be silly!
Or is that all only used for selective decisions based on the level of club CEO influence and broadcaster directors also being on a clubs board.
Yes! (Der)

:).....!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7