Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 4, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Walker once settled in will run rings around DCE. I don't know what is going on with DCE but he hasn't had a decent game since August last year. He looks lost and disorganised. Dylan looks composed and appears to have way more time to show his talent. I think he's going to be our shining light in the halves. Maybe we build our team around Dylan.

Biggest issue the NRL neglect with these 5 day turnarounds are the fans.Look at last night.2 very fresh teams with minimum 7 day rest and they produce a cracker.Tonight we had one team playing after 5 days and the standard was not even in the same ball park.Whilst the game was close,standard was poor.Fans are once again being cheated
Not all fans are being forgotten. Only the ones that don't count in Greenturd's master plan.

I actually thought Tommy T handled Tupou really well. Took the bombs when he could, took Tupou when he couldn't, and ran around him with ease to set up Killer's try. Like his brother, Tommy T looks like he's been an NRL player for years - so much presence out there.
Yeah, I do agree that he looks very stable, like he's been there for years. He plays well above what his game numbers would suggest. And yes, considering the dangerous threat Tupou poses (especially in the air) he did manage him quite well. Although, at 6"4 I would have liked to see him jump and get up there to compete for the ball more confidently and aggressively.

I am going to say it now, if DCE is out for the season we will struggle to win another game. And if he is out for the season the Walker at five-eight thing needs to end, because we can only risk that positional move when we have a genuine, top tier half alongside him.
Thanks Cassandra.

I think you will find he will miss a week at most.

Chez tries his heart out and puts his body on the line, but really should not be taking so many hit ups. Just in case TB does not know and just happens to be reading this, Chez is a halfback, mmmkay. :confused:

And Jake and Matt, very well done with 46 tackles each, they are machines.
Dce plays tough no doubt about it. JT is a genius but he is very lucky to have those forwards to give him so much room. Just dont see JT being as effective behind manlys pack, especially tonight's one. You can't knock his commitment he gets in their and chops down the opposition front rowers takes hit ups gets smashed but he is every bit as competitive as JT. Put the cows pack in front of DCE and i think he would be as dominant.

I think Walker once settled in will run rings around DCE. I don't know what is going on with DCE but he hasn't had a decent game since August last year. He looks lost and disorganised. Dylan looks composed and appears to have way more time to show his talent. I think he's going to be our shining light in the halves. Maybe we build our team around Dylan.

He will come good. He is just in 2 minds at the moment. We know he has amazing skill. I"ll back him to fire soon

Myles & Starling hardly build a platform for chez to play behind. Neither is dynamic enough. In saying that, the combination between cherry, snake & walker, still looks like it needs time to fully develop.

What was the penalty count?
Sounded horrendous listening on the radio. Seemed like they got a penalty every second set, was hard to tell if they were deserved or not but just seemed like it was every second time they touched the ball.
The amount of swearing I was doing surrounded by hundreds of children hunting for Easter eggs was not healthy!

What was the penalty count?
Sounded horrendous listening on the radio. Seemed like they got a penalty every second set, was hard to tell if they were deserved or not but just seemed like it was every second time they touched the ball.
The amount of swearing I was doing surrounded by hundreds of children hunting for Easter eggs was not healthy!
9-4 first time in 3 years the Rorters won it :p
Yet amazingly, Manly won the game on goals as we scored 3 tries to their 4 :rofl:

The Rorters let the wrong half go!:giggle:

The guys battled to a hard fought win tonight, but we are a long way of the pace in the NRL. Until our forwards can set a strong platform in attack, it will be difficult to get our play makers in space. I was at the game, and there were periods where none of the forwards looked willing to take a hit up. Hopefully it is a fitness thing and we improve, but that old steel is definitely missing. I tell you what, Killer was very cranky tonight...never seen him so agro lol

TB handled that quite well, and happy to see he made a point (repeatedly) about the turn-around issue. What a disgusting farce.
Its a joke. Another one this week then fly to Auckland on sunday to play warriors and return to play another Thursday night game. The players will be busted! Barret said they can't even train they are too sore and just recovering.

The guys battled to a hard fought win tonight, but we are a long way of the pace in the NRL. Until our forwards can set a strong platform in attack, it will be difficult to get our play makers in space. I was at the game, and there were periods where none of the forwards looked willing to take a hit up. Hopefully it is a fitness thing and we improve, but that old steel is definitely missing. I tell you what, Killer was very cranky tonight...never seen him so agro lol

I agree but we were down on troops 5 day turn around down to 15 players during the match, lob sided penalty count so it was a gutsy win. They turned up for each other in that last 10mins in defense

I tell you what, Killer was very cranky tonight...never seen him so agro lol

Killer's game has gone up a notch or two in the past fortnight after his dismal effort against the Tigpies. I suspect a lot of that is because in Tommy he now has someone outside of him who he actually trusts in both attack and defence. You could see in the game at Leichhardt that he had lost all confidence in Wiliame.

Ok I'm just going to say what I shouldn't. Just got back from the game and I doubt DCE will be playing on Thursday. He was in a lot of pain with his foot But I also saw him grabbing his shoulder at the beginning of the game hopefully that was just a niggle. Don't troll me just saying what I saw...

Ok I'm just going to say what I shouldn't. Just got back from the game and I doubt DCE will be playing on Thursday. He was in a lot of pain with his foot But I also saw him grabbing his shoulder at the beginning of the game hopefully that was just a niggle. Don't troll me just saying what I saw...

According to the report I heard on 2GB he'll be out for about a month with a high ankle sprain. So yeah, very very doubtful he'll back up on Thursday. Only if it was a knock out final would I half expect him to front up.

The good thing is that after Thursday night we have 9 days until we play the Warriors in Auckland so who knows? If its not as bad as first thought he could be back by then. Probably not, but not impossible.

12294691_200404557000934_1247381165254093714_n.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8