Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 4, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Coleman's shot at Manly,
"Let the wrong half go", should be directed at the Roosters. Maloney would be better than what they've got now, plus he was their goal kicker.
(Not that it bothers me.)

Hmmmmm it actually looked slow to me, like they were on a really wet surface or something I dunno..
Compared to the cows game was chalk and cheeze. Very slow. We still lack go forward. Dce was making hit ups
The ground for some reason looked wet and greasy. Really missed kapow bending the line

No matter who plays half, if cherry is out, we're ****ed. Vave carried us, give him starlo's spot. Darcy did well, barring that dumb penalty. Walker played with a lot of heart. Difficult to stop, one on one. Team has much work to do, especially on the edges in defence. Killer, mateo & brown, need to to grabbing shirts & wrap that ****ing ball up!!!!

Considering a short turnaround from last Monday's game,I thought we did very well,remember no kapok,Lawrence ,Matai,both buhrer,and d.c.e injured so when you take that all into calculations,I think we did very well,showed we have some guts this year,where I think last year we loose that game,so I'm very proud of the boys,now we have another short turnaround vrs,the wabbits on Thursday nite, and if we win that one ,then look things start looking Rosie.eagles for everrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No matter who plays half, if cherry is out, we're ****ed. Vave carried us, give him starlo's spot. Darcy did well, barring that dumb penalty. Walker played with a lot of heart. Difficult to stop, one on one. Team has much work to do, especially on the edges in defence. Killer, mateo & brown, need to to grabbing shirts & wrap that ****ing ball up!!!!

That arm grabbing is pathetic

Considering a short turnaround from last Monday's game,I thought we did very well,remember no kapok,Lawrence ,Matai,both buhrer,and d.c.e injured so when you take that all into calculations,I think we did very well,showed we have some guts this year,where I think last year we loose that game,so I'm very proud of the boys,now we have another short turnaround vrs,the wabbits on Thursday nite, and if we win that one ,then look things start looking Rosie.eagles for everrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Another 5 day turn around is a joke. Seriously no team should have to cop them let alone 3 in a row

Wow, what a game! Two teams with ordinary performances tonight, but entertaining nevertheless.

On a positive, very gutsy stuff to hang on for the win. :clap:

Vave had a very good game again and made some good rumbling runs up the middle. I thought Lussick played quite well too and was one player bringing some energy. Jake solid as always, and despite one stupid brain explosion, Myles was serviceable tonight (but far from the hard old head bringing experience and starch to a new pack that he was brought in for).

DCE looked lost and without confidence. He was left playing second fiddle too often, or receiving the ball from others doing the creative play-making work. The commentators wrapped both the young rookie, Hastings, and the make-shift 5/8 Guerra for taking control for their side. I expect that from the million dollar boy, but he was well behind the roosters halves tonight. And his kicking was very very ordinary.

Tommy had a fair game, took a lot of the workload off the forwards bringing the ball up and making decent yards. Struggled with the ball in the air and Tupou, but who wouldn't.

I have to give Brown some wraps... despite a missed tackle on a roosters try he held down the centre position quite well considering the shambles going on around him most the night.

Walker again showed glimpses of brilliance in attack, needs to keep working on defence. It seems logical that as things stand now we would be better serviced by swapping him and Lyon positionally, but for the longer term I'm willing to let them persevere and let the team develop that way.

Lyon was good in patches and his goal kicking proved the difference on the score board in the end.

Jorge and Stewart had stinkers. Despite cleaning up that loose ball at the end to ensure the win, Jorge made about 5 major mistakes, 3 leading to rooster's tries. BS used to be an amazing defuser of the bomb, but that part of his game has declined greatly in the past few seasons... But, thankfully he organises us from the back in defence @:rolleyes:

Anyway, given yet another game where we had a centre re-shuffle, and given the few late, but important changes, I was expecting it to be a bit of a shambles tonight. But again, I wasn't expecting the basic skills errors and poor discipline. We really need to get those areas right as a priority.

Looking forward to the returning players next week and erasing all memories of that game tonight.

Biggest issue the NRL neglect with these 5 day turnarounds are the fans.Look at last night.2 very fresh teams with minimum 7 day rest and they produce a cracker.Tonight we had one team playing after 5 days and the standard was not even in the same ball park.Whilst the game was close,standard was poor.Fans are once again being cheated

I still think it will take to around after the origin period to know who our best 17 is and who is really putting there hand up. Im glad vave is starting to run hard and lawrence and kapow have been good. Jake is a certainty but the rest is still up for grabs

Wow, what a game! Two teams with ordinary performances tonight, but entertaining nevertheless.

On a positive, very gutsy stuff to hang on for the win. :clap:

Vave had a very good game again and made some good rumbling runs up the middle. I thought Lussick played quite well too and was one player bringing some energy. Jake solid as always, and despite one stupid brain explosion, Myles was serviceable tonight (but far from the hard old head bringing experience and starch to a new pack that he was brought in for).

DCE looked lost and without confidence. He was left playing second fiddle too often, or receiving the ball from others doing the creative play-making work. The commentators wrapped both the young rookie, Hastings, and the make-shift 5/8 Guerra for taking control for their side. I expect that from the million dollar boy, but he was well behind the roosters halves tonight. And his kicking was very very ordinary.

Tommy had a fair game, took a lot of the workload off the forwards bringing the ball up and making decent yards. Struggled with the ball in the air and Tupou, but who wouldn't.

I have to give Brown some wraps... despite a missed tackle on a roosters try he held down the centre position quite well considering the shambles going on around him most the night.

Walker again showed glimpses of brilliance in attack, needs to keep working on defence. It seems logical that as things stand now we would be better serviced by swapping him and Lyon positionally, but for the longer term I'm willing to let them persevere and let the team develop that way.

Lyon was good in patches and his goal kicking proved the difference on the score board in the end.

Jorge and Stewart had stinkers. Despite cleaning up that loose ball at the end to ensure the win, Jorge made about 5 major mistakes, 3 leading to rooster's tries. BS used to be an amazing defuser of the bomb, but that part of his game has declined greatly in the past few seasons... But, thankfully he organises us from the back in defence @:rolleyes:

Anyway, given yet another game where we had a centre re-shuffle, and given the few late, but important changes, I was expecting it to be a bit of a shambles tonight. But again, I wasn't expecting the basic skills errors and poor discipline. We really need to get those areas right as a priority.

Looking forward to the returning players next week and erasing all memories of that game tonight.

Good summary. Was frustrating to watch in patches but there were other moments in the game with a little better cohesion could of put some more points on. Still, we got the win, even though it was ugly its still 2 points. Would of been hard to take if we lost. The forum would of been blowing up in disgust at another sub par performance. But we won so we can all sleep easy

It wasn't the most attractive win but it was gutsy. All those penalties to the chooks - wtf?
Snake had terrible hands tonight. DCE still out of form but hope he's not out for too long.
Vave, great game.
Two points. i'm a happy enough supporter.

Ok....so I know that was the "Susan Boyle" of wins, but without Kapow, BJ, Matai and T-Red scraping through to get the 2 points will do me.

Jorge will be the end of me. He makes Krisnan Inu look consistent.
If DCE is out on Thursday, we've got a few options.

Parcell to 7 and Korisau to 9.
Feleti to 6 and Walker to 7.
Jamie to 6 with Matai back in 4.

Regardless, the Bunnies will be hard to beat. After the flogging they copped on Friday and another short turnaround for us, it'll be huge if we can get another win. I've got no expectations as there is a lot conspiring against us next round.

But all in all, just happy we banked the points.

I actually thought Tommy T handled Tupou really well. Took the bombs when he could, took Tupou when he couldn't, and ran around him with ease to set up Killer's try. Like his brother, Tommy T looks like he's been an NRL player for years - so much presence out there.

Chez tries his heart out and puts his body on the line, but really should not be taking so many hit ups. Just in case TB does not know and just happens to be reading this, Chez is a halfback, mmmkay. :confused:

And Jake and Matt, very well done with 46 tackles each, they are machines.

I said all week we were going to lose and I am here to eat my humble pie.
I was wrong never doubt my Manly boys gusty win by them I will never doubt them like that before.
So great to be at that game live gave to a few roosters supporters around me and high fives the Manly supporters around me.

I am going to say it now, if DCE is out for the season we will struggle to win another game. And if he is out for the season the Walker at five-eight thing needs to end, because we can only risk that positional move when we have a genuine, top tier half alongside him.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10