Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 4, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Funny thing is that after 80 minutes the roosters were more knackered than us. This Thursday will be really really tough. The NRL should make a late call on this and move it player welfare has to be considered.

Anyway we got a win that was a gritty and tough one, we have a whole heap of improvement in us and once this nightmare part of the draw is over we can start building combos

The guys battled to a hard fought win tonight, but we are a long way of the pace in the NRL. Until our forwards can set a strong platform in attack, it will be difficult to get our play makers in space. I was at the game, and there were periods where none of the forwards looked willing to take a hit up. Hopefully it is a fitness thing and we improve, but that old steel is definitely missing. I tell you what, Killer was very cranky tonight...never seen him so agro lol
They are probably sore, give them a break

Ok I'm just going to say what I shouldn't. Just got back from the game and I doubt DCE will be playing on Thursday. He was in a lot of pain with his foot But I also saw him grabbing his shoulder at the beginning of the game hopefully that was just a niggle. Don't troll me just saying what I saw...

His shoulder was pretty heavily taped, you can see it through the white jerseys. I doubt it's more than just the normal twinges/settling you get after a major injury and surgery (could've even been just the tape bothering him). Unless he gets another big knock to the same shoulder my guess would be it's nothing to worry about.

Wait and see on the ankle though I guess, sprains can be incredibly painful when you do them, but heal relatively quickly. As another poster said, doubt we'll see him Thursday but you'd reckon he's a chance for Auckland which is two weeks away.

yay! (regarding the result, not injuries)

Hey...if we keep winning games, maybe the lady who had the 'snakes alive' sign will start supporting us again!!!!!!

I am going to say it now, if DCE is out for the season we will struggle to win another game. And if he is out for the season the Walker at five-eight thing needs to end, because we can only risk that positional move when we have a genuine, top tier half alongside him.
DCE has done very little so far. At this point not the loss it should have been if he's out. He hasn't been setting the world on fire.

DCE has done very little so far. At this point not the loss it should have been if he's out. He hasn't been setting the world on fire.
Chez is the one tackling and running at the line. We miss those until we get the forwards who shoulder their responsibility :cool:

But the injury will force a reshuffle that we weren't expecting :(

Here's the thing-over a full season there is plenty of upside in our squad if they can stay injury free for the majority of the year. For those not at the game, the Roosters really came out firing in the second half, and coupled with some poor discipline and again handling errors, completely dominated the first 15 minutes. Manly hung in there, and a big part of that was Nate Myles. Plenty of you idiots bag him, but he and Jake really led the boys in the middle. It was a very gutsy win and a very good contest. Our defensive shape is coming along nicely.
Tom T WOW- he has such presence out there, and is very very accomplished. He looks like he has so much time and will be the next superstar of the game-no doubts. This kid is going to be the 10 million dollar man for us

DCE still provided a decent kicking option that we now don't have. Now all of the halves pressure will be heaped onto inexperienced guys. It can't be good.

I feel bad for Jamie Buhrer. Was great to see him run back onto the field....tragic to see him break his thumb first game back.

Hope he recovers real quick.
The fact is that the more Cortisone you get, the higher your risk of osteoporosis :(
Jamie's ACLs would have had him being injected with it :confused:

This is the second time this season I've heard refs tell our captain to 'bugger off' (basically)

How come thurston and smith can say whatever they like to the refs with impunity, even crocker and the sharks captain get to have long talks with refs....but Jamie seems to get told to go away all the time.

Has Jamie got a bad rep with the refs? (even so....slate should always be clean if refs are as unbiased as they claim to be - hollywood bill says that wasn't the case)

Are ref's narcissistic dropkicks?

Insert Manly conspiracy here.

Great game by Vave. I was critical of Trent Barrett's decision to keep selecting him but am glad to be proven wrong.

Great win. I thought we were gone. That was some serious mental toughness right there to win that one. How good was Jamie Lyon, Tommy T and Dylan Walker is a massive talent. I also thought Nate Myles was very good as well.

Great game by Vave. I was critical of Trent Barrett's decision to keep selecting him but am glad to be proven wrong.

Great win. I thought we were gone. That was some serious mental toughness right there to win that one. How good was Jamie Lyon, Tommy T and Dylan Walker is a massive talent. I also thought Nate Myles was very good as well.

Yep I think myles is starting to build some form.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8