Post-Game Discussion Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Sharks
14 4 Pines Park
14 May 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Didn’t deserve to get close today, Bully went good in the middle along with Tent.

Hopefully Schuster is back next week as John’s is horrible, Koula looks good with the ball but doesn’t get it in any one on one position.

I would swap Tommy Turtle and Koula around, Tom is trying but doesn’t have any spark and looks lethargic, if he gets picked for origin maybe that could do something, been 9 games this season for him and he doesn’t look likely of returning to form with this conservative approach.

Lowlight of the game was me yelling at the TV when Nikora went flying past our winger, who looked slow as a wet week as two other Sharks also easily outpaced him. "Golly gosh, Reuben!" I yelled. "You're faster than that!" Turned out Reuben is indeed faster than that and it was Turboless Tom out there. Burbo is now officially the fastest Trbojevic. Or maybe Jake. Definitely not Tom.

Last edited:
A team is not going to win games when they miss 45 tackles. Cronulla missed 26. Now Manly are consistently dropping off tackles in excess of 30 a game recently. There is something seriously wrong with defensive coaching. Johns missed 6. If Schuster isnt back next week bring in Weekes for goodness sake. Manly had most of the ball..

The Sharks didn't play that great, especially in the second half, so we got lucky getting close to their score.

DCE tried hard again but he absolutely cannot keep on being our main kicking and attacking option. He needs to be able to share the load so he is not targeted by the opposition all the time.

Tom was trying to involve himself more but man he needs to be seeing someone about what is happening between the ears.

Paseka very good in second stint.

Bullemor deserves first shot at 13 if Aloiai out injured.

We need Jake.

Ben T and Tom look good playing together and we should work on that (Kelma to Blacktown for a bit).

Haumole good again.

If we keep picking Croker at hooker we need two hookers in the 17 (Gordon!!!).

Koula has been quiet since his return and I think the Saab/Koula combo is not working just yet.

Johns is not the answer at 6. If Schu is not back next week we need to try something else.

We don't have the right makeup in our props selection and we are losing the middle week in week out.

Plenty to work on.

Last edited:
The Sharks didn't play that great, especially in the second half, so we got lucky getting close to their score.

DCE tried hard again but he absolutely cannot keep on being our main kicking and attacking option. He needs to be able to shate the load so he is not targeted by the opposition all the time.

Tom was trying to involve himself more but man he needs to be seeing someone about what is happening between the ears.

Paseka very good in second stint.

Bullemor deserves first shot at 13 if Aloiai out injured.

We need Jake.

Ben T and Tom look good playing together and we should work on that (Kelma to Blacktown for a bit).

Haumole good again.

If we keep picking Croker at hooker we need two hookers in the 17 (Gordon!!!).

Koula has been quiet since his return and I think the Saab/Koula combo is not working just yet.

Johns is not the answer at 6. If Schu is not back next week we need to try something else.

We don't have the right makeup in our props selection and we are losing the middle week in week out.

Plenty to work on.
It's better to try something new and different than to persist with the same formula and get the same results.

Same thing from seinothing
Cronulla is a quality team
But our second half is very pleasing
Have some accountability and say we were poor and players need to step up or say hello to nsw cup..it’s simple really..we have 4 development players that can be used as well as S Fainu and B Trbojevic deserves more time..hopefully fat face realises the pressure he has put on team and is fit enough to play next week..but I want changes

Trbojevic—-no longer turbo but needs to be given time to redeem himself
Veaga—-more aggressive than Saab
Koula—-needs to assert himself more
Myers—-Parker is useless
Garrick—needs to harden up
Schuster —nows the time to step up and give back/Humphreys if Schuster is still unavailable
Dce
Paseka
Gordo T—-enough of Croker
Trbojevic—-back next week apparently
Olakau’atu
B Trbojevic—Kelma get da f—k out
Croker—-Aloiai is not a lock

Lawton
Aloiai—back to bench prop if available
Sipley/Keppie/Bullemor—- who ever is playing the best and training the best
S Fainu

I know when Jake and Schuster come back we are a better team but changes still need to be made

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8