Post-Game Discussion Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Sharks
14 4 Pines Park
14 May 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Was about to say Keppie! Really? Feel like he has gotten worse over the last 2 seasons
yep, like chalk and cheese tonight, they were coming at us at 100km an hour and we were just lumbering it up. Noticed Bully's gone of the boil in the last 3 games, needs to ramp up his game, but then again we've got nobody to really challenge for his spot anyway.

A pretty dogged and fighting loss that I did not feel we were disgraced by. But that is how you end up with a disappointing season.

The biggest problem was that except for the last 15 where we had a couple of penalty leg-ups we never looked like winning, and indeed very seldom looked even like cracking their defensive line.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 14
Sharks: 20

346828453_801660554819878_6082427350237822161_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

346785697_625525532955381_1598164952252266921_n.jpg

Team Victory Song:

laughing-lol.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Sea Eagles forward Taniela Paseka has been fined $1800 for a Careless High Tackle on Cronulla's Sione Katoa

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Can someone please explain why we persist with the tackle 5 hitup from Tom every fuking set. Which takes him out of chasing any sort of last tackle kick. It's just mind numbing madness.
Sometime , maybe last season there was talk/interview/story that Turbo likes to take 4 th because he has a dominant play the ball to kick from. It was a tactic and happens too often not to be

Why was Turbo defending on the wing when that try was scored, left us no cover once the break was made...puzzling..

DCE doesn’t find touch and Cronulla scored from that. What’s that, Manly lost by 6 points, you don’t say.
DCE put an end of game bomb up that was way too long which killed off the game.
DCE did virtually nothing in attack, and he’s a human equivalent of black hole for Manly’s right side.
All he does is pass it to Huamole & thinks that’s going to make DCE look good.

Manly is lucky that Cronulla dropped down to 2nd gear the entire 2nd half.
Eagles are also not as good as parra or the Cowboys, so look for them to drop down to 3rd or 4th last pretty soon. Exactly where they belong the way they are playing.

Sometime , maybe last season there was talk/interview/story that Turbo likes to take 4 th because he has a dominant play the ball to kick from. It was a tactic and happens too often not to be
Partly due to our reliance on DCE for long kicks. Opposition know we rely on DCE so he is targeted. Turbo is used to poke his head through and get a quick play the ball, buying DCE a bit more time and space.

When the game was up for grabs. Our team wasn't even in the contest.

Have to feel sorry for AOA and Kelma. From what we seen today they might both struggle to start again.

Too many easy metres allowed in the first half, we forced them to start inside their 20 on multiple occasions and they made 60 metres every time. Seen enough of Johns, replace him with Schuster/Weekes/Lawton, don't really care, he is a handbrake in attack and a speed bump in defence. Burbo deserves a starting spot, at least he was hungry and willing to go above and beyond the minimum effort required.

On a whole I thought DCE did a great job. Yea he made a touch finding error but half of that was due to Cronulla batting the ball back in field. Personally I think he led the way. Our forwards in the first half were terrible. What could DCE do? He can’t take the ball up too. It’s our whole team not one player hence the problem we are having with Tom. Maybe we need to go backwards before some of the others pull their finger out and start competing. Of course DCE is going to make errors when he is 90 percent in the game. How else was it going to go. It’s how we are playing as a team. We didn’t get flogged because we were an improvement on last week due to our completions. We will probably struggle for the rest of the year but don’t forget what can you do with no money compared to other teams. I was dirty on our side last week more so than today. Our first half today was terrible I know but we can’t put the boot in to DCE surely. I can be a savage basteted at times but Geez if I put the boot into DCE for this game it would be wrong. It’s our whole team.

I think it's time someone take ol' tommy out the back of the sheds and tells him it's time to persue a career as a traffic light, probably the only way he'll ever stop or slow down fast moving traffic ever again.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 14
Sharks: 20

346828453_801660554819878_6082427350237822161_n.jpg

346785697_625525532955381_1598164952252266921_n.jpg

Team Victory Song:

laughing-lol.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Nothing to report here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your effort posting reports videos etc @Jethro

I was at the game , I marched with the Great Golden Eagles to the ground which looked in superb splendour filled to capacity and Greats like Beaver and Cliffy were also there looking forward to a Manly win on this Golden eagles /Mothers day Big Occasions

We got off to a slow start and never seemed to reach any great heights which was an anti climax disappointment for the Golden eagles and our packed stadium . full of hopeful fans

This was a Home celebration occasion game where our Seibold coached team was going to make a statement but at the end of the game Manly fans were left with sombre silence

Have just watched the game

Wow, I watched the first 20, then the majority of the rest on fast forward. Absolutely dismal, I tipped us based on how we belted the Eels and Storm in defence at home, and Golden Eagles day. I’ve seen more effort when they’ve been behind 30 at halftime

There wouldn’t be a player in the side that could look themselves in the mirror and truthfully say that they ran harder, and tackled harder, than the 34 year old halfback who tried his absolute guts out, I won’t bag him for missing touch on the penalty, he needed every metre we could get today. Someone needs to check if the trainer is giving them sleeping pills pre match

If Brad Parker is named on Tuesday, I’ll be unlikely to watch next week

Last edited:
Have just watched the game

Wow, I watched the first 20, then the majority of the rest on fast forward. Absolutely dismal, I tipped us based on how we belted the Eels and Storm in defence at home, and Golden Eagles day. I’ve seen more effort when they’ve been behind 30 at halftime

There wouldn’t be a player in the side that could look themselves in the mirror and truthfully say that they ran harder, and tackled harder, than the 34 year old halfback who tried his absolute guts out, I won’t bag him for missing touch on the penalty, he needed every metre we could get today

If Brad Parker is named on Tuesday, I’ll be unlikely to watch next week
There's probably half a dozen players who shouldn't be there, but they will still be there next week...and the week after...and for the next few years.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6