Game Day: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2: 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des blowing up on the phone...
Also congratulations manly fans at the game. 32k and so much maroon that other fans are saying well done.

Won’t hear about it though that Souths home game at their home ground had bigger all

If Gagai didn't go to ground, would anybody have even noticed? That kind of jostle goes on every week. Penalty, maybe, but 10 minutes in the bin for that? No way.

Oh I agree, but it’s consistent with how they rule those things especially when a player goes down and a try is not scored when it looked like it would, if Jake had just shouldered he would have been fine, but he reached for him. It’s very minor, and very tough to take and could easily have gone the other way, but it didn’t

Totally disagree. Jake to the sin bin broke the team. I was sure there'd be a square up sin bin for Cody Walker. The team played well with Parker off. Jurbo in the bin killed us. 9-3 penalties robbed us. Not saying they didn't make mistakes. They did. Still were the better team.
Souths were out for the count several times and we only have ourselves to blame.

Manly played well enough at times to be up 10-12 and we didn't take those opportunities.

Oh I agree, but it’s consistent with how they rule those things especially when a player goes down and a try is not scored when it looked like it would, if Jake had just shouldered he would have been fine, but he reached for him. It’s very minor, and very tough to take and could easily have gone the other way, but it didn’t
Parker was taken out worse in the first half

**** way to loose a game but can't say it was a bad call, I honestly believe if Jurbo doesn't get sinned bined we probably win. Can't blame the refs, ive always felt if the game gets decided by a referee decision then you just haven't played well enough to begin with.

Hopefully next year we have better luck with injuries. Congrats to Des and the team, what a great season.

Souths dodged a massive bullet tonight and the Faders will beat them by 20 next week.

We had a bunch of inexperienced players out there, copped two sin binnings in a second half where we got no penalties and lost the count 9-3.

Despite all of the calls that went against us, we still led with 14 to go and they decide to bin Jake, who was just trying to get to the runner. To listen to the muppets on FOX you'd think he grabbed Gagai by the collar and flung him over his shoulder.

Super proud of this side. We had no right with the roster we have to be this far into the competition and we'll be an even better team next year.

What are you talking about? DCE was awesome.
DCE effort wise was amazing, but his performance outside of that was just ok.

Too often he telegraphs high risk cross field grubbers in the redzone and doesn't mix things up in that regard.

Always has been a rocks and diamonds player but i wouldn't replace him with any other half in the comp, just wish he was more composed at times.

We are so much better and capable than this Souths team. Refs aside, he should have iced this game. DCE not good enough. Marty invisible. Those are the two biggies as far as I'm concerned from tonight. DCE I'm kind of used to his inconsistent pathetic performances, but I expected so much more from Marty tonight given the circumstances. It seems a week off after letting the team down last week wasn't enough to for him.

What are you talking about? DCE was awesome.

Yeah, but why even put your hand on his shoulder? That's just dumb and asking for a penalty. I totally agree that it was soft and unwarranted, but Jake put himself in the position to cop such a decision .
Because what he did was instinctive. Jake is trying to make ground on the ball carrier to tackle him. Everything is black and white these days in rugby league. There is no consideration for the circumstances (in this case Jake is competing to catch the ball carrier to tackle him). In a physical game such as league there will be hands, legs arms etc involved. Penalty yes. Sin bin no.

Souths were out for the count several times and we only have ourselves to blame.

Manly played well enough at times to be up 10-12 and we didn't take those opportunities.
More BS from someone who claims technical prowess, they were given legs up 4 times in the match, we responded fabulously 3 times, the 4th time they took our best cover defender and that was that...........

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8