Game Day: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2: 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That hurts. Disappointed in elliot as ive seen him play so well in other games this year, but tnite was woeful. Losing jake cost us any chance of winning . Only positive is we wont get slaughtered by the roosters in the grandfinal. And have got some good experience for the young guys .

Because what he did was instinctive. Jake is trying to make ground on the ball carrier to tackle him. Everything is black and white these days in rugby league. There is no consideration for the circumstances (in this case Jake is competing to catch the ball carrier to tackle him). In a physical game such as league there will be hands, legs arms etc involved. Penalty yes. Sin bin no.
His hand on his shoulder had nothing to do with competing for a ball. They were both away from the ball

A lot of hurting and frustration on the forum tonight. Completely understandable given we were very capable of winning that game to night.

Refs had nothing to do with the end result, better team just didn't apply the knockout punch.

So disappointing, Souths were soft and lethargic all night, Manly will be kicking themselves for how the game panned out.
Totally agree. We were the better team on the night and just didn’t close it out. But, I’m so looking forward to 2020 and it’s so much better than 2018. Canberra Roosters final.

Nope. For the premier half back in the comp he should have managed that game to a win. We were in the driving seat and he failed to deliver against a pretty ordinary Souths team
Good one. We were up by 6 and on top, jake gets sinned binned and they score 2 tries as we dont touch the ball for 6-7 mins, jorge drops it, parker gives away a penalty, Elliot slips over and they get a drop out but its DCE fault.

Pathetic statement

I've NEVER been so disgusted at the NRL. I've watched others screaming about the refs for decades but this is the first time I've ever known that the referees corruptly caused the result of a game. Absolutely appalling.
Disgraceful way to lose after 27 games of playing their guts out against all odds.
Love ya to bits you mighty Sea Eagles You wuz robbed.

At the end of the day I'm proud to b a manly supporter, they wrote us off at the beginning, wooden spooners no less, but we proved them wrong even with injuries and such. Tonight wasn't our night but even a very depleted side didn't go down without a fight .
Well done boys

Good one. We were up by 6 and on top, jake gets sinned binned and they score 2 tries as we dont touch the ball for 6-7 mins, jorge drops it, parker gives away a penalty, Elliot slips over and they get a drop out but its DCE fault.

Pathetic statement
Yep, that is part of what leaders do. It's about their ability to muster the team psychology and belief, not just what about they do physically.

The ref harped on about not using the bunker to rule on general play situations as in the Vunivalu case but gave a ruling on Jake ?
Worst refereed game
We missed Tom for sure
But again extremely disappointed with Dce’s game management
The area I identified in his game of greatest concern played out as I predicted
End of story

My opinion is Jurbo stays on, we win. The sin bin killed us psychologically and physically. Not trying to argue. Just my opinion.
Well, that's brilliant. Let's just throw the towel in because Jake got sin-binned. Oh wait, that's exactly what we did.

Yep, that is part of what leaders do. It's about their ability to muster the team psychology and belief, not just what about they do physically.
They were out on their feet , second time down to 12 men. What game were you watching, cant stand drop kick supporters like you who always bag the team, in fact i would not even call you a supporter as you only put down the team

Refs had nothing to do with the end result, better team just didn't apply the knockout punch.

So disappointing, Souths were soft and lethargic all night, Manly will be kicking themselves for how the game panned out.
The Eighth Immortal disagrees with you.

Nope. For the premier half back in the comp he should have managed that game to a win. We were in the driving seat and he failed to deliver against a pretty ordinary Souths team
Rubbish! What game were you watching............let's start the blame game from behind a keyboard! Instead of praising what the boys did under so much adversity everyone starts to nit pick! So they lost. They achieved what most on here didn't think they were capable of. At full strength we would have wiped them. Missing Trbo, Siro, Thommo, Paseka & Boyle.........I'm proud of them & things can only get better!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8