Manly v Souths - Pre game discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The same round 2 side looked better on paper than the round 1 side and justified it on the field.
Watched a replay of they killed the Eels down the middle - when the ball got to DCE and Croker it was like that was the sideline and they would turn a Power runner back inside them....and damn it worked a treat.
With big Sammy and Company expecting this Manly team down the middle again, wonder if Baz will change the game plan?
Thing is - if Manly can match the intensity of last Sunday, it doesn't matter who is expecting it, will steamroll that middle and with that 2nd phase and the support showing energy, there has to be a few points in them.

I don’t know about that @double hoops, normally I would agree with you. I just think we are a different proposition this year. I honesty think we will go on a winning streak and put 5 games together.
I am hoping so too;-) And I really get excited when a team can put on a clinical trashing like last week. Last years team couldn't do that. If we are a top 4 team, we win this and win it well. Defence and the points against is always more important then the attack. How they back up after a huge win. It will speak volumes of the mentality of this side.

For a while this team has been good front runners and struggled with the grind.

It's a new year. And this is clearly not last years side. Over to you trent...... Show us this team is now the real deal?

Last edited:
Barrett will remember what the Bunnies did to us in Round 2 last year, which was most unpleasant. Luckily many of our players still have some pressure for their spots so I doubt complacency will arise.
This will be probably be a tough forward slog, in which we should finish ahead.
Also - they have a rookie one-game half, whereas we have a relatively experienced 2-and-a-half-game half.

Manly jumped out to a lead after only 4 minutes last game.

The test will be on how our players carry out the game plan and are patient in attaining a lead :)

The cooler weather will be great for our big men :happy:

The last thing a person like G.I. Needs is a concussion. There are many studies that show head knocks and bad news for people with depression and mental health issues. After his Is widley publised mental health issues last year and him checking into a facility for treatment Souffs will have be careful with him.

Most of the time I would agree with some people and also have fears about our boys being complacent, but I'm not having these concerns. This season and this squad feel different. They feel like they're not ****ing about.

Just hold the ball, keep the penalties down and we'll roll these bunnies.

Souths will be hoping this wet weather continues on Saturday. Will slow the game right down and limit the offloads. Will go back to a simple game plan. Either way will be good to see us handle the wet conidions if it hasn't cleared up.

I’m going us in the Tipping Comp , which probably means we will lose!

I do however expect to be eating Rabbit stew for dinner on Saturday night!

http://www.anzstadium.com.au/whats-on/2018/03/nrl-double-header/

Must Pre Purchase Adult GA $20 ticket and get to take 4 kids under 12 for free :wait:

Includes free travel on all modes of transport.

Sydney Trains, Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Bus Services, regular Sydney Buses (STA), Sydney Ferries services and Light Rail services are included in their match day tickets and Memberships. Show your ticket, match-day pass or Membership for the right to travel.

http://www.anzstadium.com.au/footer...-nrl-games-coinciding-with-royal-easter-show/

Remember that the Easter Show is on, so parking will be limited

The double header gives you a chance to cheer Parra onto consecutive losses against the Sharks >:)

Last edited:
I'd like to see our current patch of form last for at least a few weeks. Another 13+ win would be good and the team named can certainly do it.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10