Manly v Souths - Pre game discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The South Sydney Rabbitohs are showing worrying signs of the killer Tall poppy syndrome incurable disease
14b67ac1db701a32617b9310da00bc30.jpg

If Trent needs to use this childish bull**** as motivation, we are in big trouble. Who writes this "book of feuds" crap, a 12 year old? Seriously - using class warfare to motivate modern day professional sportsmen, who are all earning similar pay-packets well above average earnings - just imbecilic.

Agreed. Ken Arthurson said much the same and also said "The only thing I'd like to swap with Russell Crowe is bank balances."

If Trent needs to use this childish bull**** as motivation, we are in big trouble. Who writes this "book of feuds" crap, a 12 year old? Seriously - using class warfare to motivate modern day professional sportsmen, who are all earning similar pay-packets well above average earnings - just imbecilic.

Doesn't need to but would be pretty stupid not to use help

This Book of Feuds nonsense reminds me of a stunt another club pulled.
From memory, it didn't work out too well for them...

Attachments

• 740134-bulldogs-manly-t-shirt.jpg
    740134-bulldogs-manly-t-shirt.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 30
Jetski and Darcy fall out of the 21 list

1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Brad Parker
4 Brian Kelly
5 Akuila Uate
6 Lachlan Croker
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Addin Fonua-Blake
9 Api Koroisau
10 Martin Taupau
11 Joel Thompson
12 Curtis Sironen
13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14 Jackson Hastings
15 Shaun Lane
16 Lloyd Perrett
17 Kelepi Tanginoa
18 Matthew Wright
20 Frank Winterstein

Jetski and Darcy fall out of the 21 list

1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Brad Parker
4 Brian Kelly
5 Akuila Uate
6 Lachlan Croker
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Addin Fonua-Blake
9 Api Koroisau
10 Martin Taupau
11 Joel Thompson
12 Curtis Sironen
13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14 Jackson Hastings
15 Shaun Lane
16 Lloyd Perrett
17 Kelepi Tanginoa
18 Matthew Wright
20 Frank Winterstein

Unless there’s injuries the same side as last week will roll out.

With 899 victories from 1564 games since their inception in 1947, Manly are on the verge of joining just four other clubs to pass the 900 mark.

The Sea Eagles' success across a number of golden eras sees them boast the best win percentage of all current teams. while only Melbourne (342 wins at a 64.5%) and Brisbane (469 wins at 61.71%) boast better strike rates in 110 years of professional rugby league.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/23/stat-attack-manly-sea-eagles-bid-for-rare-history/

http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manly-daily/TranslateArticle.aspx?doc=NLTMLD/2018/03/24&entity=ar07607

Sironen sweats it out
Eagles forward loses 3kg in big win over Parra
image.ashx

Curtis Sironen after scoring a try against Parramatta in Sunday’s scorcher. Picture: Jason McCawley/Getty

SEA Eagles forward Curtis Sironen has revealed the enormous physical toll last Sunday’s win over Parramatta in the stifling heat took on his body.

“I lost about 3kg out there,” he told Blindside.

As part of his recovery the backrower, who has revitalised his career since moving to Manly, drank four litres of water after the game before going to bed.

Coming through the game in 38C-plus temperature had extra significance for Manly prop Lloyd Perrett, who collapsed with heatstroke during pre-season training in what was a lifethreatening situation.

“I was 3kg heavier before the game just putting so much water in my body,” he said.

“I lost 2.5kg and I was only on for 20 minutes, so lucky I was prepared.”

And the biggest thing was that after his pre-season scare Perrett pulled up on Sunday with no issues.

“It is relief knowing I can get through that and I don’t have any stress or any worries when it comes to hot days like that,” the frontrower said,

OLD EAGLE ROCKS

A SEA Eagles premiership winner and crowd favourite obviously had a good time watching the current side whip Parramatta while attending a Golden Eagles function at Lottoland last weekend.

He was spotted on the field after the game pretending to score tries and taking out the corner post. (Wolfie!?:D)

Best bench in the game
Super replacements make Sea Eagles an excitement machine

AN explosive bench — potentially the best in the NRL

— has propelled the Manly Sea Eagles into an excitement team to take notice of in the 2018 premiership.

The Trent Barrett coached side is the most inexperienced of the 16 clubs in terms of first grade matches played but that has made no difference to the cavalier attitude of the team.

The 13 who took the field in the nine-try 54-0 demolition of arch rivals Parramatta last Sunday tallied only 1123 first grade games … way behind the competition’s most experienced side, the Cowboys, with 1788 games.

Barrett’s Babies have no fear and complete faith in the bench players making a difference when they are called into the game.

Jackson Hastings, Shaun Lane, Lloyd Perrett and Kelepi Tanginoa had blinders as replacements. Hastings set up a try with a deft kick into the in-goal for Curtis Sironen, Perrett scored a try and unloaded to Jake Trbojevic for another while Lane and Tanginoa were strong in attack and defence.

The players were real heroes behind inspirational captain Daly Cherry-Evans but so too were the spectators, who came out in the hottest March day since records have been kept to cheer on their side.

FUN FACTS

› ELEVEN Manly players from the top 17 have scored tries in the opening two rounds. Among the six who haven’t scored are Tom Trbojevic and Akuila Uate, who scored 26 tries last season — the club’s top try-scorers.

› After scanning all publications and websites before kick-off in the 2018 premiership I could find only one media representative who tipped Manly to make the top eight — Fox Sports’ former Parramatta skipper Nathan Hindmarsh.

› Sea Eagles “godfather” Ken Arthurson was watching his third replay of the 54-0 flogging of the Eels when I phoned him at 9am on Monday morning.

› Great to see former premiership players George Rose, David Williams, Mark Bryant, Heath L’Estrange, Steve Menzies and Shane Rodney in the Golden Eagles box with key sponsors of the club. Former long-time trainer Donny Singe was also in the box in a welcome return to the club.

SECOND-PHASE KINGS

MANLY’S ability to promote second-phase play will provide a big difference in the season ahead. It was never more noticeable than last Sunday when Parramatta’s pack had no answer to the constant off-loading skills of Martin Taupau, Addin Fonua-Blake, Jake Trbojevic and Lloyd Perrett.

They kept the ball alive at will while a court order was needed to pry the ball off the Parramatta forwards.

Watching Manly will be a load of fun this season.

NOW FOR THE RABBITOHS

THE win over the Eels brings the Sea Eagles into the spotlight and the team knows they have to back up that form against South Sydney at ANZ Stadium today (5.30 pm kick-off) .

Coach Trent Barrett has freshened up the side and the team didn’t hit training until Wednesday. The effect of playing in such extreme heat has been closely monitored by the club’s high performance staff and club doctor Luke Inman.

Daily, Cherry-Evans makes sure he has a chat with every man in his team

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

IT IS the simple gesture by skipper Daly Cherry-Evans that helps explain why the Sea Eagles are such a united group this season — and just how much he has grown into his leadership role.

“Every morning he gets around the gym and he shakes everyone’s hand and looks them in the eye,” prop Lloyd Perrett said.

“I feel like he knows everyone pretty much personally because he makes that effort to be everyone’s mate as well as their captain and leader.

“And that’s one of the first things I noticed when I came to the club — he went out of his way to extend a warm welcome to myself and the other boys who were new.”

Ahead of this evening’s game against the Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium, Perrett says that interaction between the skipper and his teammates is very important for the success of the team.

“And I know Chez probably knows that too and that’s why he is getting around and doing that because he knows how much of a boost that can bring to a team,” Perrett said. “I feel like we are a really tight unit. Not just our first grade group, our whole 30 man-plus squad.”

That is a side of the Sea Eagles’ star halfback that most people would not be aware of unless they are in Manly’s inner sanctum.

“But I guess you can see it in glimpses when he is interacting with fans on the sideline,” Perrett said. “He is very genuine and very caring.

“He is a dad of two (3 actually) girls so I am sure that has softened him up — and maybe that’s why he’s a bit like that.”

Perrett was buoyed by returning to the NRL side in last week’s record 54-0 win over Parramatta and making a big impact off the bench.

“Something I decided to wrap my head around this off-season was that if I’m not going to play 80 minutes I need to do 80 minutes worth of work in the time I’m on the field,” he said. “I decided on the weekend that if I was going to play 20 minutes, I’d make I made those 20 minutes my best.”

The people who got Super idea up at Brookie
INFLUENTIAL rugby figures including Sydney Rugby Union president and Manly identity Dave Begg were responsible for the coup in securing Brookvale Oval as the venue for the Waratahs’ Super Rugby game against the Blues on May 5.

This week, Begg said the northern beaches was one of the heartland areas for Sydney rugby. “We’ve seen the crowds come along to watch Rats and Marlins games, the grand final last year, (Waratahs) trials at Brookie and how well schools like St Augustine’s have done with their rugby program,” he said.

“We felt it was important when the opportunity arose to try to take the game out of Moore Park and the natural place was somewhere where there we know there is a rugby community.”

The game could lead to more Super games at “the Fortress” in the future.

Last edited:
It says more about their fans and members that the Soufs marketing team can out stuff like that
They have a culture of blaming others for their misfortune.

That attitude is rife among the people who can’t get out of their own way to help themselves. For example, people who accept living in the commission towers at Waterloo for generations.

If teams reflect the culture of their fans, then so be it.

As Barrett has sometimes indicated , this present Manly side is certainly more then capable of putting on points . So as long as their defence is in order today and similar to last week "s effort , should be good enough to finish on top of the Rabbits and hopefully win well .

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10