Pre-Game Manly V Storm [Round 12, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 20
4 Pines Park
24 May 2024 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Nothing surer than a NAS grubby and dangerous act attracting but a fine. From dubious violence abroad to outright dangerous grubby play on the field, how does this guy just go on escaping suspensions?

And just to put it in perspective… compare his cannonball antics yesterday with Aloiai’s brush of SJ’s leg… 😡

Eagle 1

First Grader
Nothing surer than a NAS grubby and dangerous act attracting but a fine. From dubious violence abroad to outright dangerous grubby play on the field, how does this guy just go on escaping suspensions?

And just to put it in perspective… compare his cannonball antics yesterday with Aloiai’s brush of SJ’s leg… 😡
Yeah, just like the other grub, JWH, they must know people in the right places maybe.

Hotspur2014

Reserve Grader
Needs the picture embedded :)

View attachment 27067
1716187405645.png

Once Was Brissie Kid

Reserve Grader
After Rd 11 Manly are on 11 points. No byes.
After Rd 11 in 2023 Manly were on 11 points. No byes.

After Rd 27 in 2023 Manly finished on 29 points.
That was 3 points behind the 8th placed team on 32 points.

There are 16 rounds remaining for 2024.
Manly has another 16 rounds to get 21 points to reach 32.

Manly get 4 points gifted from the 2 byes.

Meaning counting this week vs Storm, to reach 32 and 8th place Manly must win 9 of the 14 games (or win 8 & draw 1).

If Manly lose 5 more games, forget it. Game over.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Nine's dragging out the Battle of Brooky video clip again, 13 years later :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, TLT will be interesting tomorrow. Hopefully Brown will be back. As for Croker, who knows...

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What troubles me is how dumb we are on the field. The Paseka sin bin was just a lack of self discipline and inexcusable. Garrick not looking for DCE on the inside was white line fever and inexcusable and DEC not taking the captain's challenge on the Paseka strip was the captain asleep at the wheel and just inexcusable. These incidents had nothing to do with bad luck. Its not like we make this types of dumb mistakes occasionally. Our side is starting to remind me of the old North Sydney Bears when they were struggling and my mates and I use to joke about them finding new ways to lose a game. We have become them. These mistakes are being made by extremely experienced first grade footballers and they are mistakes you wouldn't expect from good Júnior players. So against a mentally strong and disciplined side like Melbourne I expect we will find another way to throw away 2 competition points.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
What troubles me is how dumb we are on the field. The Paseka sin bin was just a lack of self discipline and inexcusable. Garrick not looking for DCE on the inside was white line fever and inexcusable and DEC not taking the captain's challenge on the Paseka strip was the captain asleep at the wheel and just inexcusable. These incidents had nothing to do with bad luck. Its not like we make this types of dumb mistakes occasionally. Our side is starting to remind me of the old North Sydney Bears when they were struggling and my mates and I use to joke about them finding new ways to lose a game. We have become them. These mistakes are being made by extremely experienced first grade footballers and they are mistakes you wouldn't expect from good Júnior players. So against a mentally strong and disciplined side like Melbourne I expect we will find another way to throw away 2 competition points.
Totally agree. I find our losses are less about the squad and player skill set/physicality wise as they have been about idiotic plays, I’ll discipline etc

The anger that raged in me after Garrick kicked that ball Friday night nearly gave me a heart attack! And it’s every bloody game. We should be sitting comfortably in the 4 right now if we had any smarts.

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
Totally agree. I find our losses are less about the squad and player skill set/physicality wise as they have been about idiotic plays, I’ll discipline etc

The anger that raged in me after Garrick kicked that ball Friday night nearly gave me a heart attack! And it’s every bloody game. We should be sitting comfortably in the 4 right now if we had any smarts.
Yea that’s the most frustrating part. Take out the Dragons game and we have been in a position to win every other one.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Doesn't matter. Rookie halves have destroyed us three weeks straight. This will be no different. Our roster, effort, mobility, intensity is in our arses.
At least we wont have Munster doing his fish out of the water impersonations, and his customary trademark niggle thrown in trying to con the refs.

Eagle 1

First Grader

Me too, what was Garrick thinking, nearly launched the remote at the TV i was that livid. He's got a lot to do to get back into my good books. Anyway, here's hoping for a bit of redemption this Friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14