Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 24, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Well that was just horrendous. Beaten in every facet of the game. They owned us. DCE went missing in leadership and without Turbo & Thommo we folded like a deck of cards badly. We lacked any finals like intensity. Yes the holding down was a farce but we just didn't fight for it and force the penalty. That was limp performance and sitting in the rain just made it even better. Sorry guys but I'm afraid it's season over.

Well that was just horrendous. Beaten in every facet of the game. They owned us. DCE went missing in leadership and without Turbo & Thommo we folded like a deck of cards badly. We lacked any finals like intensity. Yes the holding down was a farce but we just didn't fight for it and force the penalty. That was limp performance and sitting in the rain just made it even better. Sorry guys but I'm afraid it's season over.

Could go either way .

Personally, I think it is season started .
We now know the benchmark, Des will work out how to combat it.
Simples.

Seriously, Storm played a Grand Final tonight .

How bad are the commentators on Fox. I knew Finch was a blithering idiot but Walters just says the first thing that pops into his head, I'm pretty sure he's making words up....
Finch: "Isn't Cam wonderful Kevie"
Kevie: "Ungle blurgle snook"

Dead set, you could employ any of the animals from Taronga Park Zoo and they'd be better commentators than these blokes.

How bad are the commentators on Fox. I knew Finch was a blithering idiot but Walters just says the first thing that pops into his head, I'm pretty sure he's making words up....
Finch: "Isn't Cam wonderful Kevie"
Kevie: "Ungle blurgle snook"

Dead set, you could employ any of the animals from Taronga Park Zoo and they'd be better commentators than these blokes.
ABC radio is a godsend...

Has Cameron Smith EVER been injured?
He would have to be tackled to get injured.

If the other teams treat him like we do when he has the ball then it is a bit hard to get tackled when everybody just stands around like they are in a trance whenever he has the ball.

He has all the time in the world to look around to see what he is going to do with the ball next. Nobody even attempts to tackle or smash him when he has the ball.

He would have to be tackled to get injured.

If the other teams treat him like we do when he has the ball then it is a bit hard to get tackled when everybody just stands around like they are in a trance whenever he has the ball.

He has all the time in the world to look around to see what he is going to do with the ball next. Nobody even attempts to tackle or smash him when he has the ball.
All the great players have time That’s what makes them great No one has ever laid a glove on him in twenty years. It’s not just us
He’s a dickhead but he’s the greatest hooker our game has had

He owned us tonight

genuine top 4 side.
Our top four possibilities:

Roosters beat Souths well next week and we beat the Eels well. Souths have a points differential 32 points superior to us.

The other possibility is Raiders losing both remaining games Sharks (away) tomorrow and Warriors (home) next week and we beat the Eels. This would also be possible if we beat the Eels and the Raiders lose one & draw one.

If the above doesn't eventuate, we will remain in fifth place by beating the Eels or if the Eels beat us by less than 11 points - we have a superior differential of 22 points.

Last edited:
This was the biggest game this team has played and has been beat up all week due to battle if brookie everywhere they turned

We got caught up in the hype and played with effort but without execution

I think they looked burdened by expectation

We will come back

I am ok with Elliot at the back but concerned with our forwards if injuries carry into next week

Interesting week at training for the boys

Des will be having a some tough one on one talks but don’t think he will spray the team other than to let them know they let themselves down

Getting all of our errors for the rest of the year out of the way tonight.

Well said mate . Tonights game does not define us . We have proven to be way better then that

Tonight we just could not get out of first gear . We are not broken were were just stuck in the muck

As we have done all year we will bounce back next game

Well be back next week !!!

we-will-be-back.png

The most concerning thing were the Manly supporters post-game co-mingling with Melbourne supporters (possibly Frank Ponissi’s family), all jockeying for Smith’s signature.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12