Manly V Storm [Round 9 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

pick the margin

• Total voters
voicefromthehill said:
Ryan said:
Hiku with the hero play. Just dumb

Jesus christ Symonds

Hiku was going to be barrelled into touch

Yes but you could tell he wasn't going to get there way before that. Should have tried to head in field and either make a run there or take the tackle because we still had one left with enough time to do something with it.

Cliffy said:
F**k shattered. We had that game. Glad we've practiced field goals but disappointed no one shows up to goal kicking practice. I can't praise littlejohn enough the storm threw the kitchen sink at him tonite he was awesome in defence.

Except that split second hesitation that led to Cronk's try to be fair.

But agree, again he did some nice things and looked like he belongs in that company.

He can only get better, too.

And absolutely agree, practice some goalkicking guys!

Masked Eagle said:
voicefromthehill said:
Ryan said:

Jesus christ Symonds

Yes but you could tell he wasn't going to get there way before that. Should have tried to head in field and either make a run there or take the tackle because we still had one left with enough time to do something with it.

Fair call

(1) Effort was fantastic.
(2) I think it may be time to move wolf on. Good modern wingers need pace, power running and/or overhead skills (Wolf has none of these attributes any more)
(3) LJ's Inexperience showed tonight, but happy to see him given a chance to grow and improve for the future. Looked good in patches, but very inconsistent tonight.
(4) Poor mistake rate at the start killed the glut of possession we should have had with those penalties.
(5) Goal kicking was abysmal and a critical factor in losing the two points.
(6) We have still yet to address an obvious weakness with the highball. It has been there for quite awhile and lucky it hasn't been exploited more in the past.
(7) I thought Balin wasn't his best tonight. His running from dummy half is really awful. Slow and poorly timed.
(8) Overall, I think there were just too many dumb plays tonight. And the dumbest play in my mind was deciding to kick for goal from that penalty at the start... with Storm struggling defensively in their own 20 is year, our regular goal kicker out, and greasy difficult conditions. Dumb.
(9) I thought Storm were intentionally lifting legs tonight as a tactic to rotate players and generally buy time. NRL need to be consistent and merciless with this rule. They started that way, but seems to be fading away.
(10) Cam Smith is a protected grub (but that's bleeding obvious).

Jerry1 said:
KOMORI said:
Is Snake carrying an injury again? He looked a little slow to turn and a bit tender at times?
Just not his usual self anyways..
Apart from a very good try - he did very little. I reckon he was crook - definitely very quiet.
He did it in the first half, near our own goal line, reckon its the hammy. Strained it when fighting a tackle, still it was a captain's knock in difficult circumstances. All 2nd half, apart from the try move, looked quiet, sheepish, in discomfort. Wouldn't be surprised if he misses next few rounds.

voicefromthehill said:
MadMarcus said:
Nothing worse than a loss like that to a cheat team with a cheat ref officiating.

Can't blame ref - that would be Thurstonesque, 2 conversions we win

Agree 100% it was our own fault we lost. But they are still a cheat team and Hayne is still a cheat ref. I hate 'Em all.

Brissie Kid said:
No way the NRL will put Hayne for a Brookie game this year. No way.
Easts game on the 27th of June
I would love to see it but won't happen
He will never have the nerve to come brookie this year!!

voicefromthehill said:
MadMarcus said:
Nothing worse than a loss like that to a cheat team with a cheat ref officiating.

Can't blame ref - that would be Thurstonesque, 2 conversions we win

Exactly. We were able to be in a position to beat the Cowboys due to their poor goalkicking, they should have been out of sight against us.
Don't forget Smith missed his first conversion attempt that he'd kick 9/10 times.
We've come up short v The Storm by 4 pts across both games, we'll be there when it counts.
Can't fault the effort or apportion blame, a great game of footy by two of the heavyweights. Bugger all errors by both sides in the 2nd Half.

voicefromthehill said:
Masked Eagle said:
voicefromthehill said:
Ryan said:

Jesus christ Symonds

Fair call

I don't think he should be crucified for it, but calling a spade a spade, he went for the hero play. But we are all experts with the benefit of hindsight.

Toovey & Snake in media conference after game. Nothing startling said. I think this link works http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=manly-press-conference_1226913063107&vc=569

We were just robbed again by Hayne. The play before Slater scored the Storm clearly knocked-on, Hayne calls six again and the muppet scores.

I'd also like to see a replay of the bomb around the 70min mark. The kick came down just before the try line and after the contest for the ball ends up in snakes hands in goal, there had to be a knock on in there somewhere.

Great effort by our boys but we are starting to make a habit of this giving up big leads and losing games we wouldn't normally lose. I expect Tooves will give our forwards a rev up this week and the Knights will suffer the consequences next weekend when they get smashed.

Dan said:
Yup tred should have tried no one would have blamed him for dropping it but FFS to not make an attempt is just crap

Hiku and Tred all let the bombs go by uncontested, but unlike Wolfie, its not a hanging offence :mad:

Great effort, don't know how Sid will pull up as it was obvious that he was out there for Manly and not for his health :angel:

Our lack of goal kicking is killing us. :(

But I will remember this game for Buhrer's Tooveyesque scrumbase try and Jorge's one handed FU try to the Scumos :)

Hope that Wolfie is Ok, as with his previous neck fracture, the direct hit he took could be heard in Row L :angel: Should make all his haters happy now :dodgy:

Was sorta hoping Tommy might have had a swing or ten at Slater at the end.

Still hurts but if you took Cam smith out of their side, we win by 20

Give us back the 3 legends we were missing and we win by more

At 19-10 up Storm were penalised in Manly half (lifting tackle that will get 2-3 weeks) then after the tap about 40m from Storm line Ballin runs from dummy half is brought down by a player that was not at marker and not back 10m. Manly players hands all go up for penalty. No penalty. Next set Storm kept the ball for the next 8 minutes and two tries.

Brissie Kid said:
At 19-10 up Storm were penalised in Manly half (lifting tackle that will get 2-3 weeks) then after the tap about 40m from Storm line Ballin runs from dummy half is brought down by a player that not at marker and not back 10m. No penalty. Next set Storm kept the ball for the next 8 minutes and two tries.

Yup I posted about it as it happened. Ballin was in a gap too

davohan123 said:
Brissie Kid said:
Now come on Davo, the NRL has a duty of care, and an OH&S responsibility to safeguard Shame's mental as well as physical health. A trip to Brooky would be too much for his psyche, and would be far to risky from a litigation/Workcover/counselling expense point of view. :cool:

You have to wonder when the media who read these forums will finally write a story about how the NRL have failed to send Hayne to a Brookie game in 2014. They gave him the Manly 'home' game at Gosford.

Brissie Kid said:
At 19-10 up Storm were penalised in Manly half (lifting tackle that will get 2-3 weeks) then after the tap about 40m from Storm line Ballin runs from dummy half is brought down by a player that was not at marker and not back 10m. Manly players hands all go up for penalty. No penalty. Next set Storm kept the ball for the next 8 minutes and two tries.
Yep saw that and in the end it cost us but iyt's hardly surprising. Knew this would happen if there was a market for it I would have bet the house on it.

davohan123 said:
Brissie Kid said:

This game will be MASSIVE. Brookie will be bursting and a top 2 spot will hinge on it.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8