Manly V Storm [Round 9 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

pick the margin

• Total voters
I doubt Storm will make the finals. They are battling big-time and hanging in by the skin of their teeth. Apparently that was one of their best performances of the season, SOO should kill them off.

I was at the game tonight, absolutely gutted!! Credit to the boys, with the players we had out we really had a good crack at them!! Still very bitter about letting our lead slip to those grubs, can't stand them or their supporters!!

Disturbing to twice choke against the scum like that. At 19-10 and in that type of game, no way should the lead be run down.

Can't win them all but that was an a grade stuff up.

Choke.you are kidding right.2 fifth tackle tries off pinpoint kicks by a great player is a choke! Have a look at the defence by the other competition leader against the bunnies last night.When we start defending like that on a regular basis I start to worry.Until then,that's footy,happens all the time and we dust ourselves off for the knights next Monday.

Losing the Wolfman was the killer blow. At the 70m mark Slater finally got the Storm out of their own half with a long run down the Symonds-Hiku alley where Wolfie-Hiku would have been. Then that final try had Symonds in the centre to ignore the Cronk kick instead of Hiku having a go at catching it. All from Slater's clenched fist stiff arm that knocked Wolife out of the game.

Always has amazed me that tries scored in the last 10 minutes seem to take on a different meaning in people's minds.A game of football goes for 80 minutes and is played by professional athletes with one endeavour,to score tries.The rules don't change in the last 10.Manly scored 3 tries back to back in quick succession in the second half prior to the last 10 minutes and it does not get a mention.Storm score two well created tries by a great player against a team with players out of position and lacking experience in key positions and I am supposed to lather up in consternation.9 points is nothing in the modern game.Teams get run down every week.Move on.

Brissie Kid said:
Losing the Wolfman was the killer blow. At the 70m mark Slater finally got the Storm out of their own half with a long run down the Symonds-Hiku alley where Wolfie-Hiku would have been. Then that final try had Symonds in the centre to ignore the Cronk kick instead of Hiku having a go at catching it. All from Slater's clenched fist stiff arm that knocked Wolife out of the game.

all this Wolfy hate has to stop,
If Wolfy was out there for that last storm try do they score ?
I say no

4 missed goals. Kick 2 and we win. That was the difference. Ohh and the usual plonker Hayne decisions. ALL our players tried their guts out. Take out Jennings, Maloney, Cordner from Rorters see how they go. Take Walker,Sutton,Burgess out of Souffs, Take Slater,Cronk,Hoffman out of Storm. Take Reynolds,Graham,Morris out of Dogs.It was a greet effort and we should have won.

susan said:
Always has amazed me that tries scored in the last 10 minutes seem to take on a different meaning in people's minds.A game of football goes for 80 minutes and is played by professional athletes with one endeavour,to score tries.The rules don't change in the last 10.Manly scored 3 tries back to back in quick succession in the second half prior to the last 10 minutes and it does not get a mention.Storm score two well created tries by a great player against a team with players out of position and lacking experience in key positions and I am supposed to lather up in consternation.9 points is nothing in the modern game.Teams get run down every week.Move on.

This. Apart from his poor judgment Symonds actually had a great game but I bet even the brass at sea eagles headquarters remember just that.

Twas a solid performance last night despite our big players out and DCE obviously still injured.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I doubt Storm will make the finals. They are battling big-time and hanging in by the skin of their teeth. Apparently that was one of their best performances of the season, SOO should kill them off.

The Storm look brittle and i thought their performance last night was poor even considering that a high completion rate in most peoples eyes would constitute a good performance.

Great effort from the boys though with all the injuries but still feel we needed someone to stand up and lead in the final 15mins be it a senior player or playmaker.

We can say what we like about players playing injured or looking timid but sometimes these excuses are over-stated.

DCE has been playing injured most of the season no doubt but even not injured he does not straighten up and take on the line at speed enough. Playing deeper off the back of second man plays and is sharp running on the short side but needs to create more through the middle with penetration and short balls.

Bretts workrate off the ball in attack has never been in the class of Slater and i always felt this was lacking in his game, on the other hand Brett picks his moments to involve himself quality over quantity.

Just before Brett's try i was thinking "Come on Brett stand up" and he did just in time before i made my way to the sideline. (well ok made my way to the fourms lol)

Brett can look timid with his running style but this is more the norm than the exception these days so we can't label this as "under some injury cloud" as an excuse for lack of involvement or spark. No doubt past injuries play on his mind though but his sharpness is still evident such as the inside ball from Matai to Stewart against Souths showing some old school Brett and there have been other glimpses also.

I really hope the NRL do look at the first lifting tackle as well as the one that was on report
there really wasnt anything in the slater on wolfy hit
Cam Smith is a ducken grub though IHTCD

Always had little to no respect for Smith but when he whinged to the ref about them being penalised for the Alex McKinnon tackle and was blaming Alex for the injury that just lost me. They knew out there that he had lost feeling and all that prick was worried about was arguing the justified penalty. He is the lowest piece of s..t in the game.

While it was disappointing to lose last night I was very happy with Manly's performance.
They played tightly as a team and stood solid against the cheats until the final whistle. Young Jamie.B did a mountain of work. Jorge's try was just epic and Brett handled himself well as captain. Everyone had a dig and did their job.
After watching an 80 minute display of the storm's dirty tactics I must say that Craig Bellamy and his drizzle are lower than a snake's belly.

Looking at the stats, the scum did in fact play very well. However, when you take into consideration the key players Manly had unavailable, Shane Hayne, playing at home, had their 1st choice goal kicker, and two arsey last tackle kicks that led to trys…. At full strength, they don't get close to us.

Final point regarding the match - the crowd of 13k in a state of the art stadium, with easy transport access, corporate facilities galore and in a single Club City.

Why are we not seeing the Scumo Fan bashing headlines, the we as Manly Fans are constantly subjected to :huh: :mad:

Manly were ripped off that game in Melbourne.
Sure, we made plenty of mistakes and many of the borderline calls could have went either way (which I’m fine with).
But a few blatant calls against us should really have been different, and likely given us a better chance @ holding the Storm out more successfully, including
- Smith not put on report for contact to Ballin’s head, drawing blood, in that tackle where Ballin was holding his jersey,
- Slater’s knock-on fumble in his play-the-ball late in the game not called, when such is almost always called,
- Ball over the sideline last off a Storm player in the last 10 secs yet called off Manly player (though admittedly to the naked eye in real time I’m fine with that borderline call going either way the touchie sees it).
Still, there’s a lot more to each game than a couple of blatant bad ref calls, and Manly simply shouldn’t have made as many bad drop-ball errors as they did, as well as lifted when required to secure the 9-point lead.
We had their measure, at the graveyard, whilst significantly under-strength..
We did really well through quite a lot of plays during that match, Hiku & Taufua especially stepping up brilliantly, Ballin, Matai, DCE solid as usual – was great to see some great plays against one of our fiercest modern-day rivals!
Watch out all teams come August & the run to the finals, if we fire we’ll be hard to beat to make another Grand Final.
Go Manly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10