Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 19, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Skite

If it helps I'm also very rich, with an old wife and wishing Lara would come away in my Caravan.

Only trouble is what do I do with the wife?

You are? May I borrow a dollar? .... !

I was so happy to see Manly play 'live' I think I shed a tear or two when the game started.

Inundated with so much hockey, nfl, nb, cfl etc that it's almost a struggle to keep up with the NRL.....almost

I think of the Aust rugby union team...there was a time where I would never miss a game.... but now I think..."folau" is the only player I know to be in the team. Maybe steven moore if he still plays as I met him (and played touch footy with him)

So....I my get carried away,but I feel that real fans wouldn't need me to say sorry for it! (no offence to anyone)

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You are? May I borrow a dollar? .... !

I was so happy to see Manly play 'live' I think I shed a tear or two when the game started.

Inundated with so much hockey, nfl, nb, cfl etc that it's almost a struggle to keep up with the NRL.....almost

I think of the Aust rugby union team...there was a time where I would never miss a game.... but now I think..."folau" is the only player I know to be in the team. Maybe steven moore if he still plays as I met him (and played touch footy with him)

So....I my get carried away,but I feel that real fans wouldn't need me to say sorry for it!

Well you'll at least sleep well then night!

Nice to have you aboard the game day thread as well!

Haliaeetus

Reserve Grader
Yes, we have officially entered the twilight zone.

Manly won the penalty count 8-4!
that perenara discgrace may be the best thiong that's happened to the manly refereee tip sheet all year - get them to have a long hard look at the bias that gets taken into each game.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I was up and down all afternoon , just part of the usual game day threads!
Geez mate I do love it but fuk me at the time I'd love to chart my heartrate. My poor family have to move to other roims I do it that tough. You'd think being older and not able to get to the games you'd mellow somewhat but it aint happening here. I still live and breathe this club.

Class of 96

Bencher
I hear you and like the passion.I just really dislike other clubs fans blaming the refs for their teams poor performances and I was hoping Manly fans were above that sort of behaviour

Ah lads! Nothing like basking in the glory of another win. It's like a post coital moment for some ;)

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Geez mate I do love it but fuk me at the time I'd love to chart my heartrate. My poor family have to move to other roims I do it that tough. You'd think being older and not able to get to the games you'd mellow somewhat but it aint happening here. I still live and breathe this club.

Ditto, I'm down minding Grandkids at present but when I'm at home I lock myself in the media room and scream obscenities!!

My long suffering wife tells me to " get a life", but nothing changes, I'm the same week after week!

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Understood, and fair enough.

Too be fair though, Kelly is prone these days to a on field brain explosion of some kind, almost every game. I kind of understand the frustration. He's rocks or diamonds. I likened what he does to getting a case of the Manu Vatuvei's, and I hold to that. VERY similar to Matai's first few years tbh, if people remember.

His hands are a concern, but realistically that shouldn't be a hard fix. I haven't been huge on the kid from day one, and can never see him being a superstar centre, but he can be an adequate NRL centre with a touch of class

Hardest part for a rookie centre in defence, it's the hardest position of the lot defence wise, and he hasn't been found wanting there at all, so that is a huge plus in his favour, and has shown the occasional bit of nice footwork as well to suggest he can develop more attack

Lol remember those days well, I was nearly the Lone Ranger on here thinking Matai was decent ! The old running out of the line caused great debate

TBH was a bit flat all round for me today, 1st Manly/Tigers game since a good mate who went for them passed away, missed the banter and being called cheats !!

HappilyManly

Journey Man
I may have missed it but why is DCE kicking

Happy for the 2 points
Happy for the crowd and noise on a Sunday afternoon

Hard to be happy if a win on a nice day doesn't make you happy

I am happy and drunk happily

Anyway back to our kicker
Watch Wright's try - he rolls around grabbing his left groin and was limping all first half.:eek:

Then he must have been needled up in the sheds as he was running around like a spring chicken.:p
Manly could not risk ripping his whatever to kick at goal.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member

My wife doesn't understand it, i sit there and can watch every other team, All Blacks, Crusaders etc quietly, but turn into a lunatic when Manly play

She came in for the 2nd half today, and I got told to shut my face and not make a comment every 30 seconds. Her other favourite is "shut up, they can't hear you" when I'm telling them what to do

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Watch Wright's try - he rolls around grabbing his left groin and was limping all first half.:eek:

Then he must have been needled up in the sheds as he was running around like a spring chicken.:p
Manly could not risk ripping his whatever to kick at goal.

They mentioned in commentary that he didn't kick last week because of a foot injury, and if you look at him closely after he tried to convert Lanes try today, as soon as he kicked it he was in immediate pain so I wouldn't be surprised if he is playing with a broken bone in his foot or something similar

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
12 6 6 2 12