Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 23, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Chex has no choice but to stay a player ran into him and stood in the line he has no vision of the ball because of the interference of the decoy runner, no decoy runner standing in the line and he has full vision of the ball and full vision of the entire play and breaks and makes the tackle

You don't get a clearer example of "obstruction" than that he was obstructed physically and by site, end of story

you sort of make a very good point, the "by sight" part that is. Chez would have reacted quicker if he saw where the ball was and possibly the line would have stayed marked up.

You cant seriously blame the referees.

Manly are a top 4 side leading 20-4 against the wooden spooners.

No heart or soul in our team.
Shoosh, don't say anything bad about the team you'll be a knocker, a whinger or not a true supporter.

F*** me, what a way to ruin my day, my weekend, my upcoming week......................

For all those I've been debating with all last week............................those who claim that we have 2 "promising" young centres.....................Parker (like Kelly) shows today he isn't cut out for this!!!

if you are going to rule out every player for 1 error in their 7th game of NRL before they turn 21 then there will not be many playing the game at all.

You conveniently missed Parker keeping Tedesco quiet for the first 50 minutes before he realised Parker can defend well.

PS @Turbo1 think this is a negative post.

How that isn't obstruction is beyond me, stopped right in the line. Then they are saying 'well DCE' stopped also but what else he supposed to do he lost sight of where the ball went due to the obstructing player. Worst bit of it is that is obstruction every week and nothing so inconsistent.

However we lost that game due to our lack of urgency. They clocked off in the second half plain and simple. Save the $10K for the ref spray and unleash on the team for that disgusting display when they have everything to play for. Not the end of the world but boy they have now made it within reach of the Dragons.

Seeing my tiger supporting wife jump in front of me after they won just makes it worse.

I knew from the start of the week it would be hard and stupid me for daring to dream that at half time the boys knew the importance to close that one out.
How u live with a tigers supporter is beyond thought

Re:last try, does the attacking player need to run through the line or stop before the line? The fact he made contact with DCE and stayed in our line should that not constitute a penalty, interference....something? where is our advantage by being disadvantaged?

that was my annoyance with that call, will say DCE made the wrong call but 2 weeks ago we lost a try because someone was standing in the line even though it was a try either way

Did we drop a lot of ball ?... YES.
Did we miss a heap of tackles ?....YES.
Did we throw intercepts ?....YES.
Did we concede soft tries ?....YES.
Was our kicking game poor ? ....YES.

But despite all these shortcomings, we still would have fallen over the line. But the officials AGAIN changed the result of a game.

I'm pissed that we played so badly in the second half. But to blatantly change the interpretation of the obstruction rule so haphazardly just leaves you shaking your head.

Makes me look forward to the A-League.

It's days like today that I feel like giving rugby league away altogether.

Just too many players off their game today and with the obvious second half momentum killers of poor ball security ,generally shoddy defence and inability to still be able to close the game out, that really hurt Manly "s chances, and regardless of some of the ref"s calls . Particularly frustrating and from a consistency aspect when in many matches this season , they have been able to get most of the important fundamentals generally right and perform so well . I do not necessarily attribute the inexperience factor , just seems to be more of an attitude and attention to detail and concentration and application problem . May be the team needs another in house truth session this week to again better refocus. Again just seems so frustrating and disappointing with the teams inconsistency this season and when they have done so well at other times . At least some of the scramble defence was a positive today, D C E and Uate are having great seasons ,ApI really needs to be on the field for the whole match if possible and A F B has real potoential . Let"s hope for some better times ahead .

But despite all these shortcomings, we still would have fallen over the line. But the officials AGAIN changed the result of a game.

I'm pissed that we played so badly in the second half. But to blatantly change the interpretation of the obstruction rule so haphazardly just leaves you shaking your head.

Man I'm with you 100%

A good summary, for sure. It's almost like one could say that we gave the officials the opportunity to affect the result and they grabbed it with both hands.

It's a demonstration of the theory that if you play well enough then they can't rip you off, well at least not without being obvious like in several other games this year (Slime Rd1, Penriff a few weeks for examples). Play badly and it's open season......

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8