Post-Game Discussion Manly v Tigers [Round 9, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Wests Tigers
36 4 Pines Park
07 May 2022 15:00
80th minute

Match Stats

You can't seem to quote from the Game Day Thread????? but @Isz (at the game) posted...

"Oka just walked passed and was limping pretty noticeably"
Yep it was pretty clear he was shuffling and heavy legged when he went past

That needs an investigation. How the hell does scumatta beat the drizzle and riff on their home grounds but lose to tigpies and flogged by the Cows. Something stinks about all of that.
It's almost they are tryng to create an illusion that the gap betwen teams isn't as big as last year.
But it's OK, they can't fool us!

We are tracking better at this stage of the season than last year. We've won 5/9 with a differential of zero points. Last year we'd won 4/9 with a differential of minus 57 points.

I thought today's game was okay - a lot of intensity in defence & our goal line defence, esp. in the first half was very good. The forwards ran straight & hard and the youngsters played well - Burbo, Koula, Tuipulotu & Bullemor.

However, our attack was very clunky at times. With so much possession in the first 15-20 minutes, we should have scored a couple of tries. I wonder if attacking strategies have become confused. Last year so much of our attack was based on Turbo. This year, when Turbo has been out, Foran & DCE have been working well in tandem on both sides of the field. In today's game this didn't happen & also Turbo is not yet the threat he was last year. Of course, the missing link today was Schuster who increases the potency of our left edge.

What I feel is lacking is sharpness & pace in the middle, esp. close to the opposition line. Walker could fulfill this, but mostly, he seems to ball play or link close to the opposition line. Someone said that Segeyaro played well today in the NSW Cup, so maybe he could be a zip factor further down the track.

(Eventually, it there is mana from heaven and Manase is able play next season, this would aid our attack immensely - IMO)

Last edited:
Post match interview:

I've never heard that guy with the English accent before this year (don't know if anyone here knows who he is), but it's like it's his first year and thinks he has to prove how big 'n tough he is.

Asks about 80% of the questions week after week and is happy to disrespect away.

pom: oi des, must be bad 'avin foz leave yeah guv'nor?

des: we don't talk about recruitment here.

pom: oi chez, must be bad 'avin foz leave yeah guv'nor?

des: and daly doesn't talk about it either.

So it's like he's trying to be some alpha male wanna be reporter git, or
an arrogant pommy bastard that's sooooo much better than these convict aussies (surely no Englishman thinks like that???), or
Your typical sports 'journo' twit.

Not a totally convincing win but good enough signs against a fairly dogged Tigers to suggest Manly can take it to some of the better rated sides in approaching matches . Probably should have done better in attack in that i st 20 stanza or so , great to have Turbo back but have to use him a bit more selectively . Apart from one defensive lapse , Burbo certainly had a blinder considering the circumstances , need Alioia and Marty on their game and definitely showed it yesterday . Can see why the Tigers , even down on troops too , would trouble most sides in the comp , unpredictable attack and fairly resilient defence so credit to Manly to still get the better of them all round . Might have to consider Tippytoes as a centre partner with koula , with Saab and Garrick outside them and with tom at the back , pretty formidable . Really missed Haumole yesterday and obviously Schuster but Bulermor put in a strong effort . Some pretty challenging games approaching but enough positives yesterday to help with the confidence level .

Not a totally convincing win but good enough signs against a fairly dogged Tigers to suggest Manly can take it to some of the better rated sides in approaching matches . Probably should have done better in attack in that i st 20 stanza or so , great to have Turbo back but have to use him a bit more selectively . Apart from one defensive lapse , Burbo certainly had a blinder considering the circumstances , need Alioia and Marty on their game and definitely showed it yesterday . Can see why the Tigers , even down on troops too , would trouble most sides in the comp , unpredictable attack and fairly resilient defence so credit to Manly to still get the better of them all round . Might have to consider Tippytoes as a centre partner with koula , with Saab and Garrick outside them and with tom at the back , pretty formidable . Really missed Haumole yesterday and obviously Schuster but Bulermor put in a strong effort . Some pretty challenging games approaching but enough positives yesterday to help with the confidence level .

I too would like to see tippy toes partner Koula in the centres with Garrick and Saab on the wing. A game like the Knights, Bulldogs or Titans would be a good opportunity to trial that backline formation if injuries allow it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11