Post-Game Discussion Manly v Tigers [Round 9, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Wests Tigers
36 4 Pines Park
07 May 2022 15:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Seems to be a lot of harsh markers on here. Logged on expecting everyone to be as happy as me (a win's a win's a win) but no. Quite a bit of doom and gloom.
I don't think we've had the same line up all year and keep having to adjust on the run with kids no less.
Good on ya Manly. You make me happy at least!

This is a really average manly team, make no mistake.

We think our injury list is worse than others. Tigers were missing Douehi, Laurie, Nofoaluma, Leilua, Blore, Roberts, Talau, and really only lost due to 2 tries against them during the sin-binning at a packed "Fortress" Brookie, against a world-class spine, and a near full strength middle rotation.

Defence and attack, seriously reminds me of those early northern eagles teams who could put on some moments of footy, but just always fell apart when things got tough.

The worst part is, I never thought a Hasler coached team, all things considered, could ever be so soft. Either the new generation are not responding to his style, or Des himself has lost his edge. Really really disappointing
Gees mate ! I get your point but comparing us to the northern eagles is a bit unkind!

Just sayin’

Can't understand how Tui played on, his head hit the ground so hard going for that attacking kick in the first half. Hopefully he's fine, he played another strong game. Becoming our version of Brian To'o.
Maybe dr doolittle in the bunker didnt have enough camera angles.

But your right , i heard his head hit from here in the adelaide hills and i had the sound down.

Seems to be a lot of harsh markers on here. Logged on expecting everyone to be as happy as me (a win's a win's a win) but no. Quite a bit of doom and gloom.
I don't think we've had the same line up all year and keep having to adjust on the run with kids no less.
Good on ya Manly. You make me happy at least!
They weren't great today. Attack was a bit predicatble on that left side. Turbo doesn't seem fit to me. We played well in patches. Not great though. We have poor communication out wide. A win is a win and we should be proud and thankful. A long way from our strongest side and hopefully over the next few weeks we will get a heap of the troops back and then you might see some real razzle dazzle. We certainly have found two fabulous players in Koula and Tippy. They really both might be something special. Tippy is a Jorge clone making yards out of our end and is no errors - a super talent on the wing. Koula just has that xfactor. No doom and gloom but a good win - but average performance.

Their last try wasn't a try, it was a burrow, which is a penalty in every other game.

They scored two tries (the one off Jake's leg) which was a fluke and the burrow, that shouldn't have been scored.

In attack we were great. Foran was class again.

Keppie needs to watch his hands. They let him down at the worst possible moments.

Marty Taupau , take a bow. Showed tonight why you're still our forwards leader with Aloiai.

Some really good elements for mine. Eight core players out and we didn't use it as an excuse. DCE had a blinder too.
I reckon our attack was clunky really. I think our defence was actually ok. Agree on tapau. Have been bagging him out over the last 6-7 weeks and rightly so I believe. But this arvo he just put his head down and ran bloody hard. Which is honestly all we need from our front row. It’s not hard (to understand) and he showed how to do it. Let’s hope he picks it up again next week and out big men jump on board.

A good win a bit ugly at times
A lot of changes so understandable that it was clunky at times
Missed Guac on the edge but bully was good through the middle
Marty showed he is still a force but needs to do it every week
Tommy will be better next week
Harper hmmmm he needs to get better but if that's all Manly have he will have to do
Tigers played a lot of catch up risky footy sometimes it comes off sometimes it don't
Next week will be a challenge they will be up for it

We needed a win, we were down on troops. Nothing is certain in the NRL, so phew

One of those games we might look back on and be happy we put the 2 points on the table considering . Its not quite in the winning ugly category but it was winning and it was ugly

This is a really average manly team, make no mistake.

We think our injury list is worse than others. Tigers were missing Douehi, Laurie, Nofoaluma, Leilua, Blore, Roberts, Talau, and really only lost due to 2 tries against them during the sin-binning at a packed "Fortress" Brookie, against a world-class spine, and a near full strength middle rotation.

Defence and attack, seriously reminds me of those early northern eagles teams who could put on some moments of footy, but just always fell apart when things got tough.

The worst part is, I never thought a Hasler coached team, all things considered, could ever be so soft. Either the new generation are not responding to his style, or Des himself has lost his edge. Really really disappointing
I think you’re being a bit harsh. I agree it wasn’t a spectacular performance but we had a lot out and losing one that near to kick off is a big deal. Not the slickest performance but I’ll take it.

Just remember one thing.....

The side that eventually ran on today would have basically had the warm up to know who was playing where. Far from ideal. And situations like that don't usually make for smooth attacks and cohesive defence.

Im hoping this season we just grind up and through the origin period and then really find sone cohesion at the back end/business end. I’ll take the win but that was very scrappy today. I know the tigers have won a couple lately but they were by skinny margins. They are not a good footy team. Take the 2 today and move on. Does anybody have any solid oil on the Schu injury and quac out and if they are a chance v broncs

Burbo and Bullemore are arguably 5th and 6th choice second rowers for us. There were no real back row replacements on the bench either.

2nd rowers play an important role in defense - supporting the halves and centres who are targetted a lot!

Im hoping this season we just grind up and through the origin period and then really find sone cohesion at the back end/business end. I’ll take the win but that was very scrappy today. I know the tigers have won a couple lately but they were by skinny margins. They are not a good footy team. Take the 2 today and move on. Does anybody have any solid oil on the Schu injury and quac out and if they are a chance v broncs

Guac a chance, apparently had a high fever. Not sure about Shu there has been no word.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 36
Tigers: 22

279784989_10159762048730993_7426489294977883826_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights: