Pre-Game Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 26
4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile on the Gold Coast it seems the love affair with Foz and Holbrook isn't their anymore. The short kick off/gamble on the 2nd tackle that found touch and gave away possession, was the last straw for lots of Titans posters. No doubt they'll be hell bent on a better performance defence wise. If we put on 2 early try's their whole game could crumble very quickly, then again we had a 12pt start over the Tigpies didn't we..mmm..

Team is as expected given the injuries, but I would have preferred Fainu on the bench with Keppie dropped. If Turbo is ruled out later in the week, I presume Weekes would replace him.

Thanks MItch

Great to see Rueben in the number 3 adding strike power in the centres

Our Number one player is named at number one and we hope he is fully fit to play

The Shu is sadly out again but Johns seems to fit in and do the job

Great to see Karl Lawton back from injury

Great to see the inform Sipley being rewarded with more NRL time

Great to see the charismatic but highly Ineffective Woods out of the 17

And Keppie needs to step up as he has been playing below parr

I actually have more confidence in this week's team than I did with last weekends line-up. Except the doubts on turbo. Give Weekes a shot if he's not fully fit.
It will be interesting to see Garrick finally get his shot at centre (only second time in the NRL - first was in 2019). No doubt, he will want to make an positive impression. He should be marking speedster Jo Jo Fifita. The Titans have a lot of pace in their backline.

Good to see Lawton back so soon. He's a strong defender and we need that.

Interesting that Schu is out for further "reconditioning " - surely that would have been obvious before he was selected last week?

Don't mind Johns and DCE as our halves partnership. Worked okay earlier in the season and we need Johns to keep having first grade games as he is the obvious fill in during origin.

Strange Weekes out again, especially with no Blacktown Workers game this week....smokescreen for late Tom withdrawal?

Garrick and Tuipulotu defending on same side?
Yes, this strikes me as a big worry. Reuben's first game defending at centre, with Tui just back playing on a different side with someone he's never played outside of. Add the defensive prowess of Johns and Tuilagi, and it could get ugly on our left.

On the flipside, if Garrick and Tui play well together, this could be our strongest backline going forward (with the inclusions of a fit Koula, and Schuster)

Positive is a strong bench and pack with an unchanged right side.

But if Turbo is not 100% he should not play!

Last edited:
Garrick and Tuipulotu defending on same side?

Speaking of defence , The Tits leaked 24 unanswered points in the second half last week to lose the game with 24 point lead

Are you still worried feathered friend :)

Speaking of defence , The Tits leaked 24 unanswered points in the second half last week to lose the game with 24 point lead

Are you still worried feathered friend :)
Defence has largely been optional for both sides when we've played each other recently (apart from our Mudgee win).

I want to see Manly be ruthless in defence against them.

That will bode well for the next game against the Broncos.

let’s hope so son!!

Right now it’s beyond a joke one week in 2 weeks out pattern
I can empathise with your passionate disappointment feathered friend

But set backs happen as they are part of life

The Shu is not wheelchair bound . The Shu s bound to fulfil his enormous potential and is bound for Greatness
watch-this-space-neon-sign--1440x986.jpg

It will be interesting to see Garrick finally get his shot at centre (only second time in the NRL - first was in 2019). No doubt, he will want to make an positive impression. He should be marking speedster Jo Jo Fifita. The Titans have a lot of pace in their backline.
I still have doubts about his defence so yep, it will be good to see how he goes. Their backline is very dangerous when you throw in AJ at the back. He'll make Tom look like he's running in slow motion ...... if he plays. The forwards and the crowd are going to have to get us home.

I still have doubts about his defence so yep, it will be good to see how he goes. T
I have no doubts that the more speedy and skilful Rueben is an upgrade to the slow and predictable Parker

Rueben is a mover a groover and a goer feathered friend so have faith !

Great Manly Memories are made of this ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11