Pre-Game Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 26
4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this strikes me as a big worry. Reuben's first game defending at centre, with Tui just back playing on a different side with someone he's never played outside of. Add the defensive prowess of Johns and Tuilagi, and it could get ugly on our left.

On the flipside, if Garrick and Tui play well together, this could be our strongest backline going forward (with the inclusions of a fit Koula, and Schuster)

Positive is a strong bench and pack with an unchanged right side.

But if Turbo is not 100% he should not play!
Tui hitting it up like an extra forward is something we have missed since he's been out. I like the look of our backline this week.

I have no doubts that the more speedy and skilful Rueben is an upgrade to the slow and predictable Parker

Rueben is a mover a groover and a goer feathered friend so have faith !

Great Manly Memories are made of this ...
I don't doubt he has some speed, it's his defence I doubt. We'll see.

Garrick will need to lift defensively.
So far this season he has made only 16 tackles with a tackle efficiency of 72.7%.
Parker has made 99 tackles with a tackle efficiency of 86.8%.

Good to see Lawton back so soon. He's a strong defender and we need that.

Interesting that Schu is out for further "reconditioning " - surely that would have been obvious before he was selected last week?

Don't mind Johns and DCE as our halves partnership. Worked okay earlier in the season and we need Johns to keep having first grade games as he is the obvious fill in during origin.

Strange Weekes out again, especially with no Blacktown Workers game this week....smokescreen for late Tom withdrawal?

To be honest I reckon Lawton is a better 14 than weekes. Much more versatility.

I'll agree with you once I see how he goes in the centre. I really hope he kills it.
I have nothing against any player ,. I have a passionate hate for Manly losing

I want to see Potential Manly Premiership Winners on the field winning for Manly and devouring the opposition just like Vaega did on his full game debut

Will be interesting to see Garrick at centre. For some reason I'm more interested than excited by the switch, but if it was foreshadowed when he signed his new deal then this is probably the right game to give him a go.
He may surprise me, he's done it before!

Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Garrick will need to lift defensively.
So far this season he has made only 16 tackles with a tackle efficiency of 72.7%.
Parker has made 99 tackles with a tackle efficiency of 86.8%.
My thoughts also NREagle, guess we'll all know come Sat night. No doubt he'll have Fifi running at him, but I'm sure he'll have help from Olacalatu and Kelma.

....Interesting that Schu is out for further "reconditioning " - surely that would have been obvious before he was selected last ......
I do hope we're not looking at another Suli , can't get fit enough, too much kfc incident again. He did look rather larger than at season's start.

Defence has largely been optional for both sides when we've played each other recently (apart from our Mudgee win).

I want to see Manly be ruthless in defence against them.

That will bode well for the next game against the Broncos.
No it won't. We can only do that sort of defence every 2nd or 3rd week so better we play touch footy next Sat and win 38-36. Then bash the living sh*t out of the donkeys.

The key to victory is to stop Randall the Titans 9.
This takes Tino and Fifita out of the game.
Foz won't get them out of trouble if camped in their own end. Boys is nothing flash.
Choke them at dummy half and we will win.

The side is actually looking reasonably balanced (Even if Turbo is a scratching and Kaeo slots in at fullback).

A fully fit Cooper Johns is a better option than an underdone Schuster at the moment.

Whilst Tuipulotu's form had been debatable to start the season, with Saab and CT we'll have some good carrys coming out of our own end. I think it is probably the best 2-5 we've had in the past month as well.

Lawton is a massive in for the bench. His utility value can't be underestimated. Whilst I am a fan of Kaeo, at this point in time Karl is a better option at 14.

Bullemor coming off the bench also offers far more impact as he gets the opportunity to play through the middle.

Keppie can probably thank himself lucky (his defensive lapse against Koroisau isn't a once off), but the decision to drop Woods needed to be made and thankfully was.

Titans are poor defensively, so we will score points. We need to have the defensive resolve we've shown at all our matches at 4 Pines and if we do, I'm confident that we'll win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10