Post-Game Discussion Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Titans
10 4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

We need our actual first graders back to have any chance of going deep this year.

Koula being out has been devastating, Schuster and Turbo need to be at at least 80%, Parker has been a big out, Burbo and Vaega would be better than the garbage we are fielding in our backline.

I think our forward pack has what it takes, but our backline depth is awful and we need an actual hooker.
I agree. I feel our forwards have laid a good enough platform and held the ruck. Even Crocker has been ok with the ball.

But not having our strike full back, 5/8 and centre is hurting us. We don't have adequate replacements. Plus the injuries are causing reshuffles of positions every week.

Parker has been just as useless as Harper this year, we really have issues with our centres and replacement options

Bit of word going around that there’s a sh*t fight brewing between the Moses/Tartak camps.The club are trying to push out a couple of Tartak clients that the club aren’t happy with,no prizes for guessing who one of them is.This could get messier than the on field performances
And from Moses we get ... Seibold, Flanno Snr, Flanno Jnr., Woods, Cooper Johns, that Tigers kid ... who else?

This is make or break stuff for Mestrov.

Bit of word going around that there’s a sh*t fight brewing between the Moses/Tartak camps.The club are trying to push out a couple of Tartak clients that the club aren’t happy with,no prizes for guessing who one of them is.This could get messier than the on field performances
Would love some further info on that. Hopefully haumole sticks solid

How can they come out and play the Melbourne game with such commitment and grit, then dish up 2 performances like this?
The Titans were embarrassed last week but they looked like a team that was focused and determined to make amends.
We looked the usual; sloppy (Sipley), dumb (Keppie) and incompetent (Harper).
Coaching needs to be accountable as well. Keppie hasn’t shown he deserves a spot in the 17. With Schuster out, Croker is a better option at #6 than Johns. Gordon CKT needs to start at #9 and then signing Flanagan…. seriously, that’s the icing on the cake!

They poked their heads through every tackle in the middle. Quick play the balls and dominated field position. Our middles and edge were terrible in defence.

So many reserve graders.

How can they come out and play the Melbourne game with such commitment and grit, then dish up 2 performances like this?
The Titans were embarrassed last week but they looked like a team that was focused and determined to make amends.
We looked the usual; sloppy (Sipley), dumb (Keppie) and incompetent (Harper).
Coaching needs to be accountable as well. Keppie hasn’t shown he deserves a spot in the 17. With Schuster out, Croker is a better option at #6 than Johns. Gordon CKT needs to start at #9 and then signing Flanagan…. seriously, that’s the icing on the cake!
They showed grit in the Storm game but they should of smashed them.Storm were ordinary and Manly had plenty ball/opportunities to put a score on them.They haven’t put in a complete performance all season

What a pathetic performance, and once again Cummins turns up his usual crooked game.

Some observations:

I just realised we don’t have my depth. Cooper John’s, Harper and Weekes nowhere near first graders. I would barely pick these guys for Blacktown.

I know Weekes can catch but he is a lightweight and offers no impact. What was the coach doing choosing him at fullback whe you have a quality player like Garrick in the teams just wanting early ball.

Plus A-LOL-ai should have come back on when it was 10-16, not with 12 minutes to go.

But my overall feeling is that this team just does not care enough to be a contender. The players have the attention span of a fly, and simply do not play as a team. This team is looking at an 8-11 finish. There are easily 8 teams playing better than Manly right now.

No passion for the jersey.

NYEagle
And I have said before but this mob is doing a disservice to our previous era team of 2005-2014.

The club at the moment is a joke nearly on par with the dragons and tigers and no one up top is willing to be held accountable for this.

This club I love is a shadow of its self and while the imposters are still at this club we are just making up the numbers.

Tonight sadly we saw the real manly team stand up , like you said nothing has changed from last year.

I want my club back and players + management who actually care and love this club.

Such a disgusting putrid display tonight.

Last edited:
oh look it’s the same crap a manly side that’s been around for the last 7 years giving the same crap results!

club keeps signing dud after dud
This is the truth. Im sick of watchibg these constant rubbish dogsh*t efforts..
We haven't signed anyone decent for a decade and we keep pouring money into pretenders, sooks and porcelain men. I'm just sick of watching such ordinary limp efforts interspersed with the rare and occasional good effort game. I knew we would get pumped tonight. Just wish I'd had the nerve to actually tip the Titans. We are a team full of dogsh*t effort forwards and reserve graders filling in for injury prone myths and sooks. With a captain who is also the most over-rated over-paid myth in the league.

I agree. I feel our forwards have laid a good enough platform and held the ruck. Even Crocker has been ok with the ball.

But not having our strike full back, 5/8 and centre is hurting us. We don't have adequate replacements. Plus the injuries are causing reshuffles of positions every week.

Parker has been just as useless as Harper this year, we really have issues with our centres and replacement options
Personally, I didn't see too many quick play-the-balls for the halves to create from. Possession evened up a little in the second half and brought us back statistically, but I thought the pack was ineffective, with the exception of Paseka. I just don't see enough leg speed in the middle to challenge average sides, let alone the top teams.

Yeah we were fairly bad but not as bad as the officiating. Man we had 3 or 4 absolutely terrible calls go against us in that 2nd half.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8