Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 6, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
T-Red... boy has he upped his intensity in his last 2 games. Running hard and tackling harder!

Special mention to Api's D. The big forwards think they're gonna trample him and he levels them everytime @:D I just chuckle everytime someone tries it

Api's D was sensational tonight. Walker was a bit quieter, but they are coming along nicely. Telling you, they'll get better & better. What happens when DCE comes back?

Cliche. While partly true, much of the garbage they dished up was self-inflicted.

Good cliche spotting. But not partly true, all true. If we miss tackles, don't move up, don't put good running sets together they flog us. I repeat they played as well as we let them.

My only negative would be that we are still ball-playing well before the line on most occasions, which doesn't pressure the opposition much. So it kind of negates our brilliant attacking players like Snake and Killer, as they are running at a set defence by the time they get he ball. But we still won. Which is a measure how how bad they want to win, I guess!

Good cliche spotting. But not partly true, all true. If we miss tackles, don't move up, don't put good running sets together they flog us. I repeat they played as well as we let them.
They are also not very good as evidenced by their record.

Well, I don't wanna get ahead of myself, just focus on comment by comment. I have plenty of improvement, but I'll work it out on the training paddock this week. I'm sure mum will run over the tape of the comments with me on Monday and I can see where I can tighten up for next round. ;)

Dunno how many sessions they'll get in this week with the turnaround but I hope Barrett explains to them that the 5th is the last tackle and to maybe try to do more than just chuck it around a bit and get tackled.

thought the biggest improvement was the attitude in defence and the starts to both the opening half and the second half. much more intensity.

t red had a whale of a game and api was very good again.

there were times when the warriors might have gotten on a role but we aimed up in defence, little api was whacking them and myles came up with some great ruck defence.

happy with the fringe defence, lot better this week, better communication and more commitment in the tackling.

i think barret is a smart coach, i do like the way he has used the interchange bench.

Api's D was sensational tonight. Walker was a bit quieter, but they are coming along nicely. Telling you, they'll get better & better. What happens when DCE comes back?

I'm with you mate. When we click, there is serious points in this side!

I also noticed the raking of Darcys eyes in the tussle!!! Sh*thouses! An action disguised as pulling him back, but he kept going for his eyes!!

It's a good dilemma! But you're right... walker is making good progress, he was quiter tonight, but I thought they made a conscious effort to get off their line and close him down. A compliment to Walker it must be said. I'm not sure I want to halt his progress at 6 yet, so DCE back to 7. Koroisau off the bench as a spark when needed? A la Mbye at Dogs last year?

Dunno how many sessions they'll get in this week with the turnaround but I hope Barrett explains to them that the 5th is the last tackle and to maybe try to do more than just chuck it around a bit and get tackled.
thought it improved second half.

in fact second half kicking was very good. got a lot of repeat sets and kicked longer and had them running out a lot on their own goal line. just gave away a few penalties to let them off the hook

My only negative would be that we are still ball-playing well before the line on most occasions, which doesn't pressure the opposition much. So it kind of negates our brilliant attacking players like Snake and Killer, as they are running at a set defence by the time they get he ball. But we still won. Which is a measure how how bad they want to win, I guess!

Agreed, good point!

We don't seem to look to threaten anybody in offence from tackles 1-3. It's like we take 3 simple plays and then shoot on the 4th. Need to challenge D earlier in sets and drain their energy more!

i like when we play deeper, as teams rush us in defence and we struggle. we do play a bit before the line atm, but at least walker and co have a little more time to try something. its a little predictive but think it will improve

66minute mark....two big hits on massive forwards....goes to Johnson who kicks out on the full....a huge momentum shift.
If Api keeps improving weekly like he has tonight compared to last week....DCE....coming off the bench!lol
api's defence was awesome

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8