Game Day: Manly v Wests Tigers [Round 2, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Tommy has been missing tonight. He looked promising in small spurts during the first half but then disappeared. His defensive positional play has been abysmal. We have been spoiled with expecting Snake there to clean up kicks and be across out wide laying on try-saving tackles. He is obviously a work in progress and hopefully will be learning a lot from these games (assuming he has somebody wise enough to help him see this stuff).

BJ has been epic and deserves to hold a spot in this team. Marty has been the powerhouse we were expecting. Jake fantastic attitude and amazing hard defence. We look much better with Parcell on the field. Most of the forwards had a real dig tonight, with perhaps some question marks over Vave, Myles (biggest forward disappointment this year) and Green (well, perhaps more than a question mark for Green). Jury out on Api at the moment, but would not be disappointed to see him dropped from firsts and Parcell given the lone hooking responsibilities.

Now, the biggest disappointment has been what many call our strength... the backs. DCE has been dreadful, with a very poor kicking game and some dreadful decisions in attack. Walker is another work in progress, so depite being pretty quiet he deserves some slack as he learns his role. Matai and Lyon are champions, but have been woeful. I can't believe how bad Lyon in particular has been, given his responsibility as an experienced champion and captain of this team. Tafua has been a walking head explosion tonight. Williame is a popular whipping boy here, and while not looking quite up to first grade he has done a lot better than some of the higher rated stars around him.

Yeah agree. Two swings down the stretch in what was a close contest.

If Barrett can pick the right line up there is hope but we need Snake back so Williame is out and Tom can go back to a wing. I would love for a centre to get injured so a healthy John could play 6 perhaps with Walker in the centres. Myles should cop a Lussick too. Runs too soft.
Myles too soft! Green NSW Cup.
I still see a lot of improvement, still a long season. We were not any worse than cowboys or newcastle over the weekend

I'm over it already. The heart and soul of this club has been ripped out by all the bullsht of the last couple of years. Putting this guy in as coach was never going to work. We are a club who has been sold out. Culture, traditions what it means to be Manly has been sold off in the name of it's a business. Well this is one business that's headed for bankruptcy , bankrupt for a heart.
Just another one of the Mc Donald's franchises now

I'm sorry I don't spit the dummy often but this is just not good enough. I don't care if the refs gave a few bad calls or Tedesco was good we had absolutely no composure or skill in defence and some of our forwards were absolutely appalling. It is not good enough for a first grade team who get paid to do this. Where is the heart?

Wow! Well it does seem this will be season we rebuild.
It was an improvement from last week but still a long way to go!
Still not the time round 2 to spit out the dummy!
Gee Myles seems like a light weight.
Surely Lussick or t red is better than green.

Okay.
The defence was terrible on the edges. Just about every time they were in the 20 they scored. It's not the Wolfman's fault anymore.
A fast, young mans' team just outran us, out classed us with fast passing.
If we can't be faster we have be smarter but obviously that's not happening yet.
Nate Myles seems useless.
Kapow was great.
I can see potential for improvement in this team but I don't know what we can do about our wings. It's a mess.
How is Barrett going to fix this?

Myles too soft! Green NSW Cup.
I still see a lot of improvement, still a long season. We were not any worse than cowboys or newcastle over the weekend
The attack was better off the back of BJ and Marty but I kind of think DCE has too much to do now and others in the backline are getting complacent. Killer is better running like a 6, grubbering when he can. He's coasting at the moment and everything is on DCE's shoulders. Even Thurston has Coote and Morgan.

Tommy has been missing tonight. He looked promising in small spurts during the first half but then disappeared. His defensive positional play has been abysmal. We have been spoiled with expecting Snake there to clean up kicks and be across out wide laying on try-saving tackles. He is obviously a work in progress and hopefully will be learning a lot from these games (assuming he has somebody wise enough to help him see this stuff).

BJ has been epic and deserves to hold a spot in this team. Marty has been the powerhouse we were expecting. Jake fantastic attitude and amazing hard defence. We look much better with Parcell on the field. Most of the forwards had a real dig tonight, with perhaps some question marks over Vave, Myles (biggest forward disappointment this year) and Green (well, perhaps more than a question mark for Green). Jury out on Api at the moment, but would not be disappointed to see him dropped from firsts and Parcell given the lone hooking responsibilities.

Now, the biggest disappointment has been what many call our strength... the backs. DCE has been dreadful, with a very poor kicking game and some dreadful decisions in attack. Walker is another work in progress, so depite being pretty quiet he deserves some slack as he learns his role. Matai and Lyon are champions, but have been woeful. I can't believe how bad Lyon in particular has been, given his responsibility as an experienced champion and captain of this team. Tafua has been a walking head explosion tonight. Williame is a popular whipping boy here, and while not looking quite up to first grade he has done a lot better than some of the higher rated stars around him.

Agree with all of the above. We can play a lot better than that, some real good performances from parcell, lawrence, marty and jake. Lyon is starting very slow again - like last year. Hope he comes good. He was up against one of the quickest, most dangerous backs in the game in Tedesco. He was so hard to handle

I'm sorry I don't spit the dummy often but this is just not good enough. I don't care if the refs gave a few bad calls or Tedesco was good we had absolutely no composure or skill in defence and some of our forwards were absolutely appalling. It is not good enough for a first grade team who get paid to do this. Where is the heart?

Yeah, I hear your frustration, and agree about composure in defence. I have to say though, it is rough to lay that at the feet of the forwards. Yes, a few of them have not been up to snuff, but generally, I thought they had a decent dig and gave us some good go forward for decent patches of that match. In my opinion, it was the backs that let us down dismally tonight. And I'm not talking about the whipping boy, but his much more highly rated buddies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8