Game Day: Manly v Wests Tigers [Round 2, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The problem at the moment is any team we play will be a hot team because we are so cold.
So were we lucky to score any points?

Without doubt there were some defensive issues, but I believe Tapau, Brenton and Jake put their hands up as leaders of our forwards. We didn't have that last week that is for sure, so were we really cold?

Last edited:
When we had nothing else we had line speed. That was not a Manly team I watched tonight. Take the bloke with the broken back out of that pack and wow. And wow that was a disgrace. Taupau did alright out wide. But areas we were so strong last year we have taken ten steps back:-(

Did Nate Myles have a go? Half arsed runs all night, never hit the line at speed, hesitating at the line. Total bs from an origin prop. Lawrence came on and schooled him all night. Not impressed mate, if you're playing for Manly have a go or p*ss off.
Yeah totally agree with that. Thought Miles was absolutely disinterested tonight. All this talk about him being the leader and mentor of the young forwards. How about leading by example. DCE was absolutely out of his depth for a million dollar man

Like the dogs last week the tigpies made easy meters straight up our middle. A good season is built on solid defense first. We have a marshmellow centre that I said after last week is a major problem. This won't be fixed anytime soon. We have no structure or idea in defence. 64 points in first 2 rounds is beyond pathetic.

As unpopular as this may be, we did indeed have a marshmallow centre tonight, but it wasn't the forwards in the middle i was thinking of when i read that...

Did Walker make any effective tackles as he certainly was doing a great impression of a turnstile tonight........
Sad fact is, that to mold him into a position that he is uncomfortable in, Manly has decided to play with no 5/8 and leave Walker to close to the centre to take advantage of his speed.:cool:

Yeah totally agree with that. Thought Miles was absolutely disinterested tonight. All this talk about him being the leader and mentor of the young forwards. How about leading by example. DCE was absolutely out of his depth for a million dollar man

Yeah, If I didn't know the background or players, watching that game I would have sworn Jake was the experienced QLD forward setting an example for the younger forwards.

Without doubt there were some defensive issues, but I believe Tapau, Brenton and Jake put their hands up as leaders of our forwards. We didn't have that last week that is for sure, so we're we really cold?

No we weren't lucky but at the moment we could score 50 and the opposition would score 60. Let's not forget the tigers are not the best pack and they just rolled down the park all night.

I can't see how that changes with the personnel we have.

Without doubt there were some defensive issues, but I believe Tapau, Brenton and Jake put their hands up as leaders of our forwards. We didn't have that last week that is for sure, so we're we really cold?
There was some spirit there especially from the 3 you mentioned. Just outplayed.
All the backs need to take responsibility not just DCE. Dylan Walker rarely seen except for his try.
We really need to be faster at everything and I don't know how to fix this with the team we have?
Full credit to Jake, Kapow and BJ.
Starling shouldn't have hit at that guy's arm. Could have been another penalty and another 6 points.

upload_2016-3-14_21-17-45.png

cant help but think if we had this same squad with tooves as coach we'd have won both games. Im not writing off barret but tooves was quality and manlys culture. Anyways, team was a joke besides Jake T, Taupau and lawrence. Move parcell to 9, drop green williame and starling.

vs Sharks:
Snake, Taufua, Lyon, Matai, Turbo, Walker, $$$man, Lawrence, Parcell, Myles, Taupau, Symonds, Trbojevic.
Bench: Koroisau, Leary, Lussick, Brown

There was some spirit there especially from the 3 you mentioned. Just outplayed.
All the backs need to take responsibility not just DCE. Dylan Walker rarely seen except for his try.
We really need to be faster at everything and I don't know how to fix this with the team we have?.
I don't know how to fix this with the coach we have.

We've had 12 tries scored against us in 2 games.

We're currently conceding 32 points a game. That could easily have been 38 per game if Mybe and Brooks had kicked straight.

Apart from Kasiano and Hopoate's tries last week, every try we've conceded has been out wide.

To be honest - I am over footy...
Loosing interest - with all the **** over the last couple of seasons and the sheite dished up in the last few matches.. The sheite about moving us from brookie to the SFS... It's demoralising...
Hard not to agree with you on this one matey..

Leg speed

Only two Manly players had leg speed. LAWRENCE and Tapau every 3rd run.

Dogs and Tigers had many players with leg speed and that put us on the back foot over and over.

As loyal fans we deserve much better performances than we've seen for way too long now. FFS I can't walk away from manly and I know most of us won't but it's getting harder to find any real positives at all. Really hope the boys pull together like a true manly team soon. Wake up to yourselves ffs!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8