Manly vs Parra Rd 7 Pre Game Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Well I’m not surprised to see Uate selected, I should be but I’m not. Just another mind numbingly stupid selection from the next super coach. Parra by 20+

Team List

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/04/17/nrl-team-list---round-72/

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Team - Kick off 2.00pm

1 Tom Trbojevic - proudly brought to you by Bennelong Energy Services

2 Brad Parker - proudly brought to you by Pontoon eight

3 Dylan Walker - proudly brought to you by Aussie Gems

4 Brian Kelly - proudly brought to you by Urban Building

5 Akuila Uate - proudly brought to you by Project Station

6 Lachlan Croker - proudly brought to you by Smyth Estate Agents

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (C) - proudly brought to you by Footpower

8 Addin Fonua-Blake - proudly brought to you by CLA Lighting

9 Api Koroisau - proudly brought to you by Innovative Print Solutions

10 Martin Taupau - proudly brought to you by Beachwheels

11 Joel Thompson - proudly brought to you by Acenet Solutions

12 Jack Gosiewski - proudly brought to you by Embroid & Brand

13 Jake Trbojevic - proudly brought to you by Prestige Worldwide

Interchange

14 Matthew Wright - proudly brought to you by Avalon Air

15 Shaun Lane - proudly brought to you by Cross Excavations

16 Lloyd Perrett - proudly brought to you by Prestige Roofing and Cladding Supplies

17 Taniela Paseka - proudly brought to you by DMK Forest Products

Reserves

18 Jonathan Wright

19 Lewis Brown

20 Frank Winterstein

21 Toafofoa Sipley

FFS Uate is still being given benefit of the doubt. Parra will bomb him all game. Disaster waiting to happen.
Might happen mate but there was quite a few on here that was very happy with the side picked last week , and it's the same again . I was one of them and still think we can turn it around .

Oh the pain the pain
Dr Zachary Smith ...
images3JL1NXZN.jpg

Okay, I love Uate, and I hope he makes everyone eat crud.
I like Uate as well . Good guy , big smile , great team member that gets on and has no issues with anyone but if he is out of form and cant catch a ball and misses tackles and costs us games then he should be dropped .
No place for sentiment when we are looking to win games

Might happen mate but there was quite a few on here that was very happy with the side picked last week , and it's the same again . I was one of them and still think we can turn it around .
I'd be amazed if they didn't, that's exactly what I'd be doing. But we'll see I guess.

You know, the best way the team can help and protect Uate is by hanging onto the ball and not putting him under so much pressure. As the Tigers showed, if you take care of the ball and get repeat sets in attack, you don't really have to worry about defending or catching bombs.

Manly should take a leaf from the Tigers.
If we control the ball as well as the tigers did against us AND get repeat sets, we will beat the Eels easy.

But that requires TB to actually train and get Crocker to kick the ball. We cannot get repeat sets with DCE the only kicker. You would think a coach would understand that.

Manly should take a leaf from the Tigers.
If we control the ball as well as the tigers did against us AND get repeat sets, we will beat the Eels easy.

But that requires TB to actually train and get Crocker to kick the ball. We cannot get repeat sets with DCE the only kicker. You would think a coach would understand that.
Barrett doesn’t trust him to be one of our kickers. Ok if he’s a winger but he’s playing 5/8 FFS! He shouldn’t be in 1st grade.

We have to give Croker some time to develop, we just don't have a choice anymore. He's a tough kid, and a good defender. Last Sunday he took 2 reasonable kicks. For those that wish he was injured, be careful what you wish for, because we would be up **** creek without a paddle!

I think its time we give Tom Wright a go at 5/8. In the Intrust.. and even under 20s last year.. he had alot of errors in his game.. but i believe it was him trying to do too much. With DCE.. he wont have to.. he can keep it simple and do the basics.. kicking.. running.. passing. Not try to be too creative. With better players around him.. he could excel. Croker unfortunately.. IMO.. you can see theres not much there. No pace. Awful kicking game. No real passing game. I just dont think hes good enough. Could be completely wrong but no point persisting with him hoping he will come good. Tom Wright has pace (which our side doesnt have) and has an awesome running and kicking game. Yes he has errors.. but THATS the type of player you persist with in first grade to see improve.

I hope Croker proves me wrong but i just dont see it.

BRING the kids in free & snag a discounted 3.50 hot dog as part of the #FansFirst @NRL Club Initiatives at @ANZStadium this month! School holiday footy is the best footy so don't miss #NRLBulldogsRoosters tomorrow & #NRLEelsManly Sunday. https://t.co/fbpzqhfNot

Barrett needs to get manly repeated 4th and 5th tackle penalties FOR manly for the first 10 or 15 minutes of every game. Not AGAINST manly please Trent.

Barrett needs to get manly repeated 4th and 5th tackle penalties FOR manly for the first 10 or 15 minutes of every game. Not AGAINST manly please Trent.

yeah Trent ... teach them how to dive ... show them some Sleazy Slater vids

I think its time we give Tom Wright a go at 5/8. In the Intrust.. and even under 20s last year.. he had alot of errors in his game.. but i believe it was him trying to do too much. With DCE.. he wont have to.. he can keep it simple and do the basics.. kicking.. running.. passing. Not try to be too creative. With better players around him.. he could excel. Croker unfortunately.. IMO.. you can see theres not much there. No pace. Awful kicking game. No real passing game. I just dont think hes good enough. Could be completely wrong but no point persisting with him hoping he will come good. Tom Wright has pace (which our side doesnt have) and has an awesome running and kicking game. Yes he has errors.. but THATS the type of player you persist with in first grade to see improve.

I hope Croker proves me wrong but i just dont see it.
Why not try it the other way around? Let DCE manage the game and Wright can be freed up to play his ad lib style of footy. Didn't work with Walker because he can't make those decisions every set. Wright might be able to with a solid half next to him but I can see why Baz settles for the safer option. Fix up possession and discipline - if he still fails then he'll be under pressure.

One absolutely desperate side who haven’t won a game, and are running dead last v another desperate side who were booed off their home ground last week and are running 12th.

Going to either be one massive pile of **** OR one side are going to switch on and blow the other off the park!

****ed if I know, it’s a coin toss or make a guess is about all I can suggest!

Would you be happier a) winning 54 nil against parra then losing the next game against them; or b) winning both games 26 nil?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10