Manly vs Rabbids [Round 22 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On the absence (so far ) of @mickqld

Bunnies by 13+

Manlys tough road starting to show and the internal crises making inroads .

Can't see a Manly win tonight boys , sorry!!

Hey Mick, is that good enough for you???

I'm looking forward to it.

It has a lot more meaning than many games played already this year; especially for them!

Lose and their top 4 spot is back in jeopardy.
So I'm sure they'll be pumped up for it.

And we're not likely to just let em have things their way.

There's also a Friday fave on Foxtel (6pm tonight) featuring Manly v South's Round 15 2004; as a warmup for anyone interested.

(I looked up the result. Lotta points scored but I won't divulge the final score for those that want to watch it).

So I'm back in smelly Sydney and I've already seen a few Manly fans :)
I really hope the Manly men go well tonight and contain those rabbitohs. For me if we go wide early the result will be favourable.

Mark from Brisbane said:
On the absence (so far ) of @mickqld

Bunnies by 13+

Manlys tough road starting to show and the internal crises making inroads .

Can't see a Manly win tonight boys , sorry!!

Hey Mick, is that good enough for you???

Please Mark leave these sorts of things to the professionals ok mate. The Rabbids will be given free reign to walk off the mark playing touch footy play the balls. That means plenty of penalties for Souffs against Manly markers for actually standing on the mark and offside penalties against us even though we'll be back 12 meters from where the tackle occurred. Next we'll have Souffs holding us down and wrestling as much as possible while refs will be calling out milking when we have the ball. Any Manly hand placed anywhere near the ball will be penalised for attempted stripping and slowing. Guaranteed strong Manly defense when rabbids are trapped in their own 20 zone will be penalised with extreme prejudice. Saying all that the vermin will still struggle to put on points and the few they get will be pure arse luck.
We'll be a 20 point better team than them but it will be vermin + pink clowns by 4.

mickqld said:
The Rabbids will be given free reign to walk off the mark playing touch footy play the balls. That means plenty of penalties for Souffs against Manly markers for actually standing on the mark and offside penalties against us even though we'll be back 12 meters from where the tackle occurred. Next we'll have Souffs holding us down and wrestling as much as possible while refs will be calling out milking when we have the ball. Any Manly hand placed anywhere near the ball will be penalised for attempted stripping and slowing. Guaranteed strong Manly defense when rabbids are trapped in their own 20 zone will be penalised with extreme prejudice.

That is all so true! That last part bolded especially drives me nuts. The referees absolutely hate it when defence gets on top in the corners. It happens so often. How is a team that is getting all the momentum against them meant to fight back? Jag a 40/20 for a quick tap against no defence and score a try? Lol! How that new rule is passed off as being rugby league is just ridiculous. The NRL is moronic when it comes to rules and interpretations.

Tooves is p*ssing me off with Jorge, i have very few trades left so i have kept holding him and each week i get screwed

Who knows how accurate this is but anyway.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/late-mail-22/

Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles
Friday 8 August, 7:40pm (local), Sydney Cricket Ground

Rabbitohs: He has been named but Bunnies enforcer Sam Burgess is still struggling to overcome his shoulder injury and will not play tonight. He will be replaced by either Joe Picker or his brother Luke.

Sea Eagles: Jorge Taufua’s ankle is still not 100 per cent right and he will miss his third consecutive match with Cheyse Blair lining up on the left wing. Steve Matai and Anthony Watmough have both overcome injury and will play.

I was just looking at some team stats from the NRL website for 2014 and came across something interesting re penalties for.

Wabbits lead the table on this stat and have been given 160 penalties in total and we are currently in ninth place and have only been given 124 so far. :dodgy:

Hmm the wefs have certainly been looking after the wabbits this year....!

I wish our Mighty Manly boys all the very best tonight and really hope it is a fair and just contest.

Go Manly........!!!!

No live blog today guys, both lsz and I are out. lsz is at the game and I have meetings all day.

The live chat will be open though

I'd love a win but as has been said already a loss tonight (as in previous years at this stage to Souffs) might just tuffen us for the finals.

Any tougher and Manly would start to rust !

The Dogs game was our wake up call - it was embarrassing losing to a T-ex :dodgy:

Dan said:
No live blog today guys, both lsz and I are out. lsz is at the game and I have meetings all day.

The live chat will be open though

Watching the game or getting your meat in. Tuff decision :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6