Manly Waringah Sea Eagles V Canberra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 link said:
Interesting view swoop.  I didn't realize the financial implications.  So much to think about.  If we play up tempo we have a reasonable chance.  Just kick that ball long and turn those huge buggers around.  No broken play.  Kick it out the back all day long.  
'those huge buggers'? Ever heard of Jason King, Josh Perry, George Rose?

I would have thought we slow it down. They generally don't mind a shoot-out type game, and they still have Campo don't forget.

I think its more the fact that the under 20's have there own salary cap differnt to the top 20 or so first graders. So a bloke like JWH or Hoppa who is in the top 20 would not have much of an implication on the cap (unless of course there is large apperance fees in there contracts).

But lets say an under 20's player not in the top 20 or so gets a go in first grade, he gets a appearance fee equal to one week of FOOTBAL on the minimum wage of round 60k, so u do the maths there are what 30 weeks of foty all up so he would get round 2k per appearance? Im not sure the amounts but thats the formula, nor am i sure if it goes on this years or next years cap, i think its based on this years cus all clubs leave out a certain amount from the cap for this situation and match payments.

deadlyeagle link said:
I think its more the fact that the under 20's have there own salary cap differnt to the top 20 or so first graders. So a bloke like JWH or Hoppa who is in the top 20 would not have much of an implication on the cap (unless of course there is large apperance fees in there contracts).

But lets say an under 20's player not in the top 20 or so gets a go in first grade, he gets a appearance fee equal to one week of FOOTBAL on the minimum wage of round 60k, so u do the maths there are what 30 weeks of foty all up so he would get round 2k per appearance? Im not sure the amounts but thats the formula, nor am i sure if it goes on this years or next years cap, i think its based on this years cus all clubs leave out a certain amount from the cap for this situation and match payments.

My understanding is that it goes onto next years cap. By Manly winning the comp last year they had to pay the players a bonus which would probably be counted in this years cap.

An under 20s player being used to replace a player unavailable due to representative commitments should not count under the salary cap.

Breathtakingly logical, but too simple for the clowns at the NRL to grasp.

KaZa link said:
Not happy with this team. Were gonna get smacked.

Two big slow wingers? only positive is they may confuse themselves which way to attack. Would have preferred T Rex on the bench to go into the forwards with a winger from the under 20's to get a shot.

Des is scared to blood the kids.

Wheres Hoppa? Foran on the bench?

I think this is the worst team we have fielded in at least 3 years.

Is there a 30+ option?

I dont see how the rules would say that if you play an Under 20's that counts to next years salary cap and if the player is moving to another club it counts to theirs. I mean if you were down near the bottom and didnt have anything to play for, and you had a lot of under 20's going to other clubs, you would blood them just to piss off the other teams and soak up their salary cap.

Seems a bit odd.

I can see how it might count to your own though and they would have to be brought into the top 25 squad of your salary cap

Matabele link said:
An under 20s player being used to replace a player unavailable due to representative commitments should not count under the salary cap.

Breathtakingly logical, but too simple for the clowns at the NRL to grasp.

I'd go a step further and say ANY player brought into replace someone on Rep duty should not count against the salary cap.

From the NRL site

The NRL Salary Cap for 2008 is $4.1m for the 25 highest paid players at each club. If each player was paid an equal amount, they would get about $160,000 each. Each club can exercise its discretion in relation to how much individual players are paid, providing that total payments do not exceed the $4.1m cap. In addition to the $4.1m Salary Cap for top 25 players, each club may spend up to an additional $350,000 on players outside the top 25 who play in the NRL competition.

In 2008 the NRL has introduced an exciting new competition for players 20 years and under. Known as the Toyota Cup NYC Competition, this new competition will have a Salary Cap of $250,000 for the top 20 players who qualify for the Toyota Cup but do not sit in the clubs top 25 Salary Cap. In addition to the Salary Cap for the top 20 NYC players, each club will be able to spend an additional $50,000 on players outside the NYC top 20 who qualify and play in the NYC.

Our under 20's are a brilliant bunch and leading the comp. But put them in first grade they may play one good game then they will struggle. They will get smashed, they what happens when they do their shoulder or other major injuries. Most of them have not developed or filled out. Look at Parras halfback Mortimer.

The dragons are leading the NRL comp, their under 20's are good too, but how many under 20's does Bennett blood????

Unless we have an exceptional player in the Inglis/Falou mould, there is no need to blood the TC players yet. The gap is too great, Men againsts boys.

With home ground advantage, fringe players with a point to prove, also if Des can get every player to lift the extra 10% (just beofre the bye coming up) we can get the raiders on sunday arvo! 

Downie link said:
Hoppa's playing for the NSW Under 18s, Foran has been working his way back from an injury.

Glad to see Mauro get a run. Showed plenty of promise 1 or 2 years back but hasn't been given the opportunity to kick on, hope he kills it.

I'm tipping Foran plays NRL this week.

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=Downie link=topic=180740.msg227594#msg227594 date=1245136404]
Hoppa's playing for the NSW Under 18s, Foran has been working his way back from an injury.

Glad to see Mauro get a run. Showed plenty of promise 1 or 2 years back but hasn't been given the opportunity to kick on, hope he kills it.

I'm tipping Foran plays NRL this week.
[/quote]

That is the word...

Magic. Looking forward to seeing that if it happens

Let's keep this topic at the top of the page rather than all the other garbage !!!

Kiwi Eagle link said:
At a guess Garts I would pick it as Cuthbo not being fit, so Bailey has to move into the pack

Yep. Cuthbo won't start. Will play, but after so long out, not going to start the match. Bailey to lock. Not sure who drops off.

willstyles link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=180740.msg227848#msg227848 date=1245235365]
At a guess Garts I would pick it as Cuthbo not being fit, so Bailey has to move into the pack

Yep. Cuthbo won't start. Will play, but after so long out, not going to start the match. Bailey to lock. Not sure who drops off.
[/quote]

Ooooh I like it..

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6