Manly young guns eyeing releases

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
While I agree, it will be impossible for me to accept Garrick and Parker being named this week.
I’d be surprised if there’s any changes out wide this week.Most coaches don’t make wholesale changes after the first round,other than through injury or suspension,because it’s an admission that they got it wrong in the first place.Most will give them a second chance,granted the likes of Parker and Garrick are onto their 20th chance

Perhaps Des can see something that everyone else [ who aren't coaches ] can't see.
My two bobs worth.
Having said that, I would have expected a better defensive effort from Foran
Foran just looked a little slow and possibly lacks fitness...

I though he was good early so he may get better as the season goes on - as long as he holds up of course...

I hope whatever Des 'sees' can materialize into a half-decent football team shortly PC...

His defence early was really good, then he did his arm. i thought he was going well. In the end that side collectively had issues. He did bugger his arm
Yes I notice he dropped off in intensity quite a bit after that. No mention of the injury in any post game wraps or injury reports so not sure what actually happened and whether it will affect him this week.

Thought he was going OK up until that point

Des’s selections are dumb. It’s not rocket science but he is set on selecting the wrong players. His stubbornness is destructive and destroying team morale.
Only the morale of those who can't get into the team... those already in are comfortable in the knowledge that they can play like busteds and it will not have any impact on their selection or pay-packet... no wonder the players are all backing Des...

in a perverse way I hope Des does pick the same team and if they do get bitch slapped especially down that edge then thankfully that should be the last we see of Garrick and Parker and if its 0 runs for 0 meter's again for Croker that has to spell the end of that experiment as well..I would rather watch some young guys with promise and energy get beat than watching the same old hacks get flogged and dancing to the same old tunes .I also think Sirro has to be on notice and until Guac got injured he would have had to be a big chance of partnering with Davey ,who was one of the few shining lights last weekend .
I also think if Des goes with the same team as last week and its the same result (that is another arse reaming sans lube) his position unfortunately is nearly untenable as much as I admire him for his past efforts

cust is better than croker.

As for harper he has looked good but fact walker is a former origin player. if that’s true he’s asking for a release after being overlooked for round 1 you would have to question whether he’s the type of player you want at the club.

Imo he would probably be a better wing option than garrick
i haven't read through this thread, just took a quick peek but the article as copied above doesn't say anyone has asked for a release!!

It simply says they are being 'scouted' by other clubs. As of course anyone with ability who has not yet nailed down a first grade spot will be of interest to 'other clubs'.

Sorry to interrupt with this observation, everyone please return to your various panic stations :eek: @:D

Have not been a fan of how team selection has been awarded since last season.

However if true with player rumblings it highlights the attitude, culture and the behaviours at the club are at a low.

Leadership has gone missing, I don’t think DCE is the man to lead the team and the playing group.

Moley is a Bears fan isn't he? I wonder if all of this has come from him being at the game on Sunday and there were a couple of the Chooks staff there to watch Sualii's progress who might have mentioned to him that Cust was playing well and that Harper looked OK? Put two and two together and Moley had a story that Cade and Morgan were being scouted maybe? Even if they really weren't.

Walks is a former Origin and Test player and Harper was upset that he had to play NSW Cup behind Walks? He was let go from the Dogs because of alleged attitude issues, and if this story has any truth, I can understand why.

TBH, I'm starting to think we won't see many changes at all this week. At best I can maybe see Cust onto the bench for Funa (who someone here said earlier was slow ... have to agree with that). But that's really about it unless Turbo happens to be a miracle starter.

Foran just looked a little slow and possibly lacks fitness...

I though he was good early so he may get better as the season goes on - as long as he holds up of course...

I hope whatever Des 'sees' can materialize into a half-decent football team shortly PC...
Honestly I really liked the early reports of Foz at dummy half even though it never came to fruition.

The footy smarts to play a Cam Smith role. Control and direct the team and allow DCE and Schuster to play with more flair.

Kicking game out of dummy half.

Would never really need to get tackle preserving his body a little.

Higher defensive load but his lack of pace would be less exposed in the middle.

Then Cust off the bench for 25min

It all made so much sense to me...................then we got Croker

Finding it very difficult to understand this Shuster criticism after one quiet game- a game in which he was a half in a 30 point demolition of a side containing Walker and Sualli.

He has been a “standout” his entire junior career, was the only “ standout” in the trial and was a “standout” in his debut game with none other than B Marshall throwing a huge wrap on him.Those two games were against basically full strength Tigers first graders.

Now it seems our other half in that game , the unknown brother of the warrior come rooster (who was bog ordinary for warriors) who has no pedigree and is employed by Blacktown and not in our top 30 or development squad, is a better player on the back of a Blacktown win and a quiet game from Josh.

Meanwhile Parker, Croker and Garrick masquerade as first graders. They wouldn’t lace Schusters boot.
Should be 14. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Finding it very difficult to understand this Shuster criticism after one quiet game- a game in which he was a half in a 30 point demolition of a side containing Walker and Sualli.

He has been a “standout” his entire junior career, was the only “ standout” in the trial and was a “standout” in his debut game with none other than B Marshall throwing a huge wrap on him.Those two games were against basically full strength Tigers first graders.

Now it seems our other half in that game , the unknown brother of the warrior come rooster (who was bog ordinary for warriors) who has no pedigree and is employed by Blacktown and not in our top 30 or development squad, is a better player on the back of a Blacktown win and a quiet game from Josh.

Meanwhile Parker, Croker and Garrick masquerade as first graders. They wouldn’t lace Schusters boot.
Should be 14. Simple as that.
FWIW @susan... I was not implying that anyone was 'better' than Josh... I purely noted that he had a quiet game on Sunday imo - not a bad game, just a quite one...

i did think the other kid played well but I was not implying that that put him in front of Josh.... I have only seen Josh a couple of times and it is obvious that he has skills, just wasn't overwhelmed by his game on Sunday...

I too would like to see him in 14 but I think either he or Foz has to play some time at 9 if he does come in...

Wasn’t referring to you Frank. Just read plenty of posts in this and other threads about how that game shows he’s not ready for first grade and the other bloke looked better.

There are four or five guys in our rd 1 side who should never play first grade and yet he’s not ready is the call from some.

To me it was obvious Blacktown had a big advantage in forwards in that game and Matty B worked it out - hence quiet day for outside backs.

Sipley Guaca Saddler Cust destroyed them and we played tight in tricky wet and windy conditions.It was also Josh picking up Saddler on the edge a lot.Not a game for any of our backs hence Funa Harper and co were also quiet.

For a half with so much brilliance to stick to an obvious game plan to hit the middle with the big guys and not go for the big plays shows maturity in my books.

Last edited:
Wasn’t referring to you Frank. Just read plenty of posts in this and other threads about how that game shows he’s not ready for first grade and the other bloke looked better.

There are four or five guys in our rd 1 side who should never play first grade and yet he’s not ready is the call from some.

To me it was obvious Blacktown had a big advantage in forwards in that game and Matty B worked it out - hence quiet day for outside backs. Sipley Guaca Saddler destroyed them and we played tight .Not a game fir any of our backs hence Funa Harper and co were also quiet.
Gee I was impressed by the attitude of the forwards... all seemed to be working for each other... was a good game to watch...

I thought Brad Keighran looked familiar - turns out he looks like his brother.

He had a decent game - very steady, good goal-kicker. Josh didn't look bad by any means, but people still expect him to dominate every game.

The problem is we're all so desperate to see a basic level of competence that any performance by a half that doesn't involve him tripping over his own feet or otherwise comically gifting possession to the opposition becomes eye-catching.

i haven't read through this thread, just took a quick peek but the article as copied above doesn't say anyone has asked for a release!!

It simply says they are being 'scouted' by other clubs. As of course anyone with ability who has not yet nailed down a first grade spot will be of interest to 'other clubs'.

Sorry to interrupt with this observation, everyone please return to your various panic stations :eek: @:D
Yes I would be very very surprised if Cust was asking for a release - just saying

Gee I was impressed by the attitude of the forwards... all seemed to be working for each other... was a good game to watch...
I’ve always rated Sipleys attitude. Before the Blacktown game I said he should be in our 17. Was at the broncos game when he broke his leg in magic round and he was having a blinder- we were all over them.

Bloke enjoys his footy and that can be infectious. He started it and Guaca and co jumped on board.Loved it like yourself.That’s what our first grade side needs.

I’ve always rated Sipleys attitude. Before the Blacktown game I said he should be in our 17. Was at the broncos game when he broke his leg in magic round and he was having a blinder- we were all over them.

Bloke enjoys his footy and that can be infectious. He started it and Guaca and co jumped on board.Loved it like yourself.That’s what our first grade side needs.
You get the feeling that people love playing with him too. Seems like a really funny bloke. These are the sort of characters you wanna build teams around.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10