Manly youngsters to debut in 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not from the information I was told from someone at the club. They mentioned Anderson, Funa, Fainu, Haumole, Metcalfe and Titmus as all being on development contracts. Makes sense considering all are still eligible for 20s.

There are a few players eligible for 20’s at every club playing NRL, if other team have players this age in the top grade and Manly’s team won the GF in 2017, it would make sense a few there may be on the consideration list.

Agree, Cust was the one that impressed me ... to me he seems a bit like DCE, not as naturally gifted as some, but has made up for it by hard work and practice.

Does any one know his status?

I thought he got signed by another Club, was sad to see him go but knew we couldn't keep em all. I could be wrong, donno where I read it.

How do we know that ?? Have the club released details of the top 30 ?

Given that Origin this year is structured differently the representative scene may only affect us for one week I think. So it seems that some of these young guys may get a chance in that round as we may lose Turbos x 2, and The Phantom to Origin, so we will be looking for a couple of backs. However at full strength I think Matt Wright covers fullback and Parker covers centre so unless we hit injury trouble we have plenty of more experienced campaigners to provide depth. The only spot we might be skinny is hooker, so Fainu an outside chance to get a run - Hastings or Brown more likely though one would think.
Link - 2017 Tipping Comp - Account Upgrade Page
Thanks for reminding us of the Silvertails Tipping comp . I have just enrolled and I am eager to out tip the lot of you ;)

Thanks everybody .... it seems Cust is flying under the radar ... unusual for a 2o's winning halfback.

Thanks everybody .... it seems Cust is flying under the radar ... unusual for a 2o's winning halfback.
Is Cade still eligible for the 20 's ? If not he may be the half for Black Town and that would be not such a bad learning and experience building role . Just like Josh Drinkwater and a few other previous young and promising half's from Manly's lower grades , always difficult to retain all of them .

Cust, Tarrant, Smalley, Andrews, Maarbanni and Kiaoa are all still training with the 20's. Cust, Tarrant and Andrews are all on last year deals of the old NYC contracts and have been doing some training with the NRL squad over the pre season.

Cust, Tarrant, Smalley, Andrews, Maarbanni and Kiaoa are all still training with the 20's. Cust, Tarrant and Andrews are all on last year deals of the old NYC contracts and have been doing some training with the NRL squad over the pre season.
Thanks.

Think it might be just a combination of dropping down the pecking order and the need to retain others who were off contract at the end of last year. Cust's promotion has been effected by the signing of Tom Wright and now Luke Metcalfe as is probably the case with Tarrant due to the signings of Paseka and Sipley.

Probably should have been offered development contracts to allow them to train full time with NRL and at any other club they would have but they haven't due to needing to sign Fainu, Olakautu, Anderson, Funa, Titmuss who were all coming of contract and the signing of Metcalfe plus the fact both still have a year to go on current contracts. The gamble is that no other club swoops on them in the meantime.

Players need to either wait for their chance or look for opportunities elsewhere.

Think it might be just a combination of dropping down the pecking order and the need to retain others who were off contract at the end of last year. Cust's promotion has been effected by the signing of Tom Wright and now Luke Metcalfe as is probably the case with Tarrant due to the signings of Paseka and Sipley.

Probably should have been offered development contracts to allow them to train full time with NRL and at any other club they would have but they haven't due to needing to sign Fainu, Olakautu, Anderson, Funa, Titmuss who were all coming of contract and the signing of Metcalfe plus the fact both still have a year to go on current contracts. The gamble is that no other club swoops on them in the meantime.

Players need to either wait for their chance or look for opportunities elsewhere.

You make a lot of sense. I wrote a while back that for all these young guns timing is everything. If you have a Jamie Lyon or a Turbo in your position with a decade of football in front of them .....

FUKKITALLSIDEWAYS, I wish the trials were televised .... so much interest.

Hope a few of you silvertails correspondents post live from the games for us out of towners.

FUKKITALLSIDEWAYS, I wish the trials were televised .... so much interest.

Hope a few of you silvertails correspondents post live from the games for us out of towners.
I think I will venture up to the central coast for the chooks trial- not going to risk my life going to two head city for the first one

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10