Manly youngsters to debut in 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Paseka will definitely debut, Tom Wright probably will but not early on, and the smoky is young Metcalf. It would not surprise me if he gets a taste towards the end of the year.
Of the rest, the young hooker may need to wait till next year, when Brown will probably have gone to greener pastures.

Tevita Funa is now listed on the club site as part of the NRL squad.

NRL squad shows 15 forwards and 13 backs, with 2 blank spots.
Will Suli take one? And maybe an 'overseas half' such as albert Kelly?

If so Api is the sole hooker, with back-up presumably from Hastings and Brown - meaning Fainu has to wait.
Also only one fullback, Tom.

So... looking like Tom Wright, Pasaka, and Funa could debut for us this year, as well as Croker. We sure have plenty of young talent in our squad.

If so Api is the sole hooker, with back-up presumably from Hastings and Brown - meaning Fainu has to wait.

So... looking like Tom Wright, Pasaka, and Funa could debut for us this year, as well as Croker. We sure have plenty of young talent in our squad.

You are correct there’s only 28 listed ( which I think we knew) BUT if I’m correct , injury / suspension can cause every club to have to call on players outside of the nominated ones, well that was the case in the last few years however we’ve moved from 25 to 30 in 2018.

So is this it, we can only use these 30 and no one else??

If so yes Fainu ( who I was picking to go further ) looks like missing out.

And seriously , what does Jono Wright offer to the team?

Oh and yes you’d have to imagine they’d save a spot for Suli ( if he comes good so that’s spot 30 and they’ve got to June 30 to announce that).

Meaning spot 28 is ????

nd seriously , what does Jono Wright offer to the team?
A tall outside back with plenty of experience, including 120 NRL games.
He's played in 7 NRL finals matches, most recently for the Sharkies in 2013.
From the little bits I saw of Blacktown last year he was one of our better players, seems like a decent professional journeyman and back-up player.

From the little bits I saw of Blacktown last year he was one of our better players, seems like a decent professional journeyman and back-up player.

I see both points, but is he really worth a spot in the top 30 if we are yet to use him? There seems to be plenty other options in front of him. Might just be security but I wonder if we would be better off adding a player we more likely to use/develop

And has played or likely to play diddly squat in First Grade, complete waste of a spot!

And @Mark from Brisbane I think I read somewhere that Fainu, and those others on development contracts can play FG as part of a 2nd tier set up .... not sure .... I I would bet London to a brick Baz would have Fainu contractually positioned to play.

And @Mark from Brisbane I think I read somewhere that Fainu, and those others on development contracts can play FG as part of a 2nd tier set up .... not sure .... I I would bet London to a brick Baz would have Fainu contractually positioned to play.

Fainu is a little gun, Api is heir apparent and that shouldn’t change but he’s def next in line.

The drama is .... how long will Fainu be prepared to wait ....... Api is still young ..

We live in interesting times in relation to all these young stars ...

Running an extra hooker off the bench worked before, maybe again ( although not in the early rounds due to heat).

I see both points, but is he really worth a spot in the top 30 if we are yet to use him? There seems to be plenty other options in front of him. Might just be security but I wonder if we would be better off adding a player we more likely to use/develop
Who knows. Makes me think of Barrett's comment about signing Thompson, that we needed another 'man' about the place. We have many good kids, maybe that was part of Jono's appeal.

The system is someway similar to last year. The top 30 must be used first (on a position basis) after that dispensation can be given to use one of the 6 development players. So if Croker went down we couldn’t call on Metcalfe until after Hastings and Wright. I believe that young Fainu has been upgraded into the top 30 from a development contract and if the information I have been told is correct we will see him off the bench next weekend.

The system is someway similar to last year. The top 30 must be used first (on a position basis) after that dispensation can be given to use one of the 6 development players. So if Croker went down we couldn’t call on Metcalfe until after Hastings and Wright. I believe that young Fainu has been upgraded into the top 30 from a development contract and if the information I have been told is correct we will see him off the bench next weekend.

They haven’t updated their website yet he didn’t show when I looked earlier today.

*WE ARE DOWN ON 45 TROOPS FROM LAST YEARS TIPPING COMP
AND OFTEN WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN WE'VE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER AS A TEAM
*WE NEED GREAT PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED. ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE GREAT SILVERTAIL MEMBERS ???
*YOUR FORUM IS CALLING YOU , YES YOU !!!
Join the Silvertails tipping comp today
For only $25 ( $2 dollars and 8 cents a month )*
* Prizes to be won !!!
NRL Round one starts 8th March - JUST 2 days to go

Link -
2017 Tipping Comp - Account
Upgrade Page

winston-churchill-quote-price-greatness-responsibility-jpg.7678

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16