Manly's #1 Ticket Holder Up For Grabs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tom was on in Gordon street tonight on the abc.

What a champion Australian this guy is. I can't help but love him.

He should hang in to number one. He deserves it.

Thinking about it further there is a fair marketing potential in using an actual fan as the no1 ticket holder

It could actually be a decent social media / membership campaign...it just needs some love and thought

Here's someone from left field, Dr Bryan Gaensler Phd, a world renowned Astrophysisist, former young Australian of the year.
Bryan also established one of the very first Manly supporters websites.

Peter C said:
Here's someone from left field, Dr Bryan Gaensler Phd, a world renowned Astrophysisist, former young Australian of the year.
Bryan also established one of the very first Manly supporters websites.
I remember his website back in 96.

What a waste

So much potential here for fan engagement / membership acquisition

Now it goes to the highest bidder?

The club has made so many leaps forward in terms of marketing and fan engagement this seems like a real missed opportunity

lsz said:
What a waste

So much potential here for fan engagement / membership acquisition

Now it goes to the highest bidder?

The club has made so many leaps forward in terms of marketing and fan engagement this seems like a real missed opportunity

I suppose it depends on who wins it. If its a well known identity whose Sea Eagles support is also well known its worthwhile. However, if its just some faceless business man who nobody has any idea about then it's cheapened the status of the no 1 membership.

Sorry to rant but why even open it up like that?

I can think of at least 3 simple, cheap, easy campaigns they could use which would have a far greater benefit than a one off cash injection

lsz said:
Sorry to rant but why even open it up like that?

I can think of at least 3 simple, cheap, easy campaigns they could use which would have a far greater benefit than a one off cash injection

Well worst fears realised. Disappointed.

apparently 40k was the winning price of the #1 ticket holder, i wonder if he has to front up with $40k every year in renewing or if its a one off payment.

Yes. It was the best event I've been to in my short time of going to Manly events. Very relaxing and a lot of time to talk to the boys. Ross Wilson was a great bonus. Him playing Eagle Rock as the boys walking in was fantastic!!

David Kenney is a partner at Hall Chadwick Chartered Accountants, from his linkedin profile. http://au.linkedin.com/pub/david-kenney/2b/566/833

Get used to this guys, the club is trying to turn around a loss making business into one that makes a profit so everything and anything that can be sold / sponsored / auctioned will be up for grabs.

I work with the Bronco's as well and went to their season launch last night (as a guest), their number 1 ticket holder was there...Lachlan Murdoch.....but then again News owns half of the Bronco's and inputs millions every year....so same deal I guess!!

It's a great idea and will be auctioned off every year.

It was a great event, well done to all involed.

A funny story, I was standing next to penn with my brother during the auction when bids where at about 2k we debated how much it would go for and I said 40k. Which ended up being the amount.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Get used to this guys, the club is trying to turn around a loss making business into one that makes a profit so everything and anything that can be sold / sponsored / auctioned will be up for grabs.

I work with the Bronco's as well and went to their season launch last night (as a guest), their number 1 ticket holder was there...Lachlan Murdoch.....but then again News owns half of the Bronco's and inputs millions every year....so same deal I guess!!

Well - why stop at Number 1 supporter? That's out of my league, but I might consider bidding for say Number 13 supporter in future (or even a bench spot!)

The no1 ticket is better used as a marketing tool. You pick the right guy and I guarantee you, we would have made a lot more in the long run than $40k.

Lachlan Murdoch isn't the same because of what else he can do for the club. The amount of sponsors who are just on board, or pay for tickets to lunches just so they could rub shoulders with him means he is worth more to the Broncos than just money from his own pocket. That won't be the same for us.

Pick a "celebrity" even if they can't get to all the games, can help you land sponsorship. Imagine how much you could sell tickets for a Presidents lunch before a Sunday arvo game at Brookie if Hugh Jackman was going to be there?

Even a politician, (eventhough I would detest it) would be better for us. Someone who could influence maybe a Brookie redevelopment decision, or someone who high profile businessmen would pay to have someone close up time with them.

Or even take the charity/goodwill line and let a community/support group be the no 1 ticket holder. Say Canteen for a season would garner us plenty of support in the corporate world.

Or what about randomly drawing someone from the general member list and sharing it around for a game during the season. I'm guessing an idea like that would help wit the membership drive and might have even helping winning the battle of the beaches. $10k right there.

Good luck to David Kenney. I'm sure he's a big fan, but IMO its not something to get excited about.

I'm surprised Abbott didn't bid $40 Million, providing of course that he gets into power and has finished stopping the boats, repealing the carbon and mining taxes, halted the NBN, 'fine-tuned' the Fair Work Act, and unveiled the faceless men. ;)

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8