Manly's $400,000 windfall

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its not a simple as some people seem to think.

I suspect the "4 times the profit of a normal game" is a somewhat inflated figure.

Suspect that profit at brookie excludes ticketed members and sposors income which realistically should be taken into account and split between the 10 home games a year (certainly members).

Given we have 10,000 members, (some paying $60 some paying $300+) say at and average of $100 each there is the 100K for 10 games a year, that ecludes the walk up ticket sales @ $25 a head, 4,000 walk ups = 100K.

Needless to say if we were to increase games away then membership profits would suffer so its not like if we played 12 games away a year we would make 4 times the profit.

I suspect the "4 times the profit of a normal game" is a somewhat inflated figure.

Suspect that profit at brookie excludes ticketed members and sposors income which realistically should be taken into account and split between the 10 home games a year (certainly members).

Given we have 10,000 members, (some paying $60 some paying $300+) say at and average of $100 each there is the 100K for 10 games a year, that ecludes the walk up ticket sales @ $25 a head, 4,000 walk ups = 100K.

Needless to say if we were to increase games away then membership profits would suffer so its not like if we played 12 games away a year we would make 4 times the profit.

I'm not sure that $100k per home game comes from memberships.

Like I've stated previously, it's windfalls like the Perth game that subsidise and allow Manly to play out of Brookvale oval.

Fans will eventually need to decide whether having a financially strong club is less important than playing 8 games a year at Brookvale.

I'm glad the club can see the way forward.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I'm not sure that $100k per home game comes from memberships.

Like I've stated previously, it's windfalls like the Perth game that subsidise and allow Manly to play out of Brookvale oval.

Fans will eventually need to decide whether having a financially strong club is less important than playing 8 games a year at Brookvale.

I'm glad the club can see the way forward.

As I mentioned before, the figure David referred to was from gate takings. It does not include additional sponsorship revenue gained from the new market, corporate hospitality or retail sold.

You are correct in saying the Brookvale figures do not account for members, so they are slightly misleading. Having said that, we also sold memberships in WA that were not included in that $400k figure.

As I mentioned before, the figure David referred to was from gate takings. It does not include additional sponsorship revenue gained from the new market, corporate hospitality or retail sold.

You are correct in saying the Brookvale figures do not account for members, so they are slightly misleading. Having said that, we also sold memberships in WA that were not included in that $400k figure.

Thanks for confirming that Larissa.
Can't wait to see the Sea Eagles back in Perth next year :)

Thanks for confirming that Larissa.
Can't wait to see the Sea Eagles back in Perth next year :)

Fluffy said:

Talk of a handy financial windfall looks very much on the cards Fluffy given we are talking about either (a) paying money in rent that takes away from game day profits at Brookie, vs (b) being paid to play at another ground and also earning profits on that gate (higher attendance, more corporates, etc).

Fluffy said:

Talk of a handy financial windfall looks very much on the cards Fluffy given we are talking about either (a) paying money in rent that takes away from game day profits at Brookie, vs (b) being paid to play at another ground and also earning profits on that gate (higher attendance, more corporates, etc).

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Daniel said:
Masked Eagle said:
I'm actually not against taking a few more games away from Brookie in the short term at least anyway. Time to play a game of chicken with council.

Take it to the Sunny Coast, or play it here at Seagulls bahahaha
Seriously though I would go to the sunny coast if a game were on

You would since I'be been told u live closer to the Sunshine Coast then to Brookvale. Anyway I guess more games to Perth won't be a bad idea. Hey WAMF do u think we should play half or more home games there?

Daniel said:
Masked Eagle said:
I'm actually not against taking a few more games away from Brookie in the short term at least anyway. Time to play a game of chicken with council.

You would since I'be been told u live closer to the Sunshine Coast then to Brookvale. Anyway I guess more games to Perth won't be a bad idea. Hey WAMF do u think we should play half or more home games there?

eelcatcher said:
Daniel said:
Masked Eagle said:

One game a season is fine by me. Two would be a bonus on top of a bonus.

eelcatcher said:
Daniel said:
Masked Eagle said:

One game a season is fine by me. Two would be a bonus on top of a bonus.

It was terrific that it was the Warriors game and not the Storm. There was just too much at stake for members and good on the club for listening.

The great thing in being an early adoptor of markets like Perth is the flow-on membership and interest it generates. The more Sea Eagle fans the better.

It was terrific that it was the Warriors game and not the Storm. There was just too much at stake for members and good on the club for listening.

The great thing in being an early adoptor of markets like Perth is the flow-on membership and interest it generates. The more Sea Eagle fans the better.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4