Manly's $400,000 windfall

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Take a game to New Guinea. My guess is that the government up there would pay a million for a game. Plenty of Manly fans up there too.

Take a game to New Guinea. My guess is that the government up there would pay a million for a game. Plenty of Manly fans up there too.

Hamster Huey said:
Fluffy said:
Its not a simple as some people seem to think.

I suspect the "4 times the profit of a normal game" is a somewhat inflated figure.

Suspect that profit at brookie excludes ticketed members and sposors income which realistically should be taken into account and split between the 10 home games a year (certainly members).

Given we have 10,000 members, (some paying $60 some paying $300+) say at and average of $100 each there is the 100K for 10 games a year, that ecludes the walk up ticket sales @ $25 a head, 4,000 walk ups = 100K.

Needless to say if we were to increase games away then membership profits would suffer so its not like if we played 12 games away a year we would make 4 times the profit.

Talk of a handy financial windfall looks very much on the cards Fluffy given we are talking about either (a) paying money in rent that takes away from game day profits at Brookie, vs (b) being paid to play at another ground and also earning profits on that gate (higher attendance, more corporates, etc).

I didnt say it wasnt a windfall, i would be shocked if it wasnt to be honest however the figures quoted that people are using are very isolated fromt he bottom end as I pointed out and Larissa confirmed. Some are suggesting we go to 4 games a year or more, the point here is that the more you do that the more you hurt the bread and butter income of the local side, it is the membership income that the club likes to get early so it has money comnig in during the off season after all.

As MB pointed out the follow on membership can add money over a few years and yes the same applies to the sunshine coast however it needs to be balanced with the negatives.

Im not sure what gate the sunny coast can offer though but i would prefer our 2 games a year to be at locations further away than Gosford.

Hamster Huey said:
Fluffy said:
Its not a simple as some people seem to think.

I suspect the "4 times the profit of a normal game" is a somewhat inflated figure.

Suspect that profit at brookie excludes ticketed members and sposors income which realistically should be taken into account and split between the 10 home games a year (certainly members).

Given we have 10,000 members, (some paying $60 some paying $300+) say at and average of $100 each there is the 100K for 10 games a year, that ecludes the walk up ticket sales @ $25 a head, 4,000 walk ups = 100K.

Needless to say if we were to increase games away then membership profits would suffer so its not like if we played 12 games away a year we would make 4 times the profit.

Talk of a handy financial windfall looks very much on the cards Fluffy given we are talking about either (a) paying money in rent that takes away from game day profits at Brookie, vs (b) being paid to play at another ground and also earning profits on that gate (higher attendance, more corporates, etc).

I didnt say it wasnt a windfall, i would be shocked if it wasnt to be honest however the figures quoted that people are using are very isolated fromt he bottom end as I pointed out and Larissa confirmed. Some are suggesting we go to 4 games a year or more, the point here is that the more you do that the more you hurt the bread and butter income of the local side, it is the membership income that the club likes to get early so it has money comnig in during the off season after all.

As MB pointed out the follow on membership can add money over a few years and yes the same applies to the sunshine coast however it needs to be balanced with the negatives.

Im not sure what gate the sunny coast can offer though but i would prefer our 2 games a year to be at locations further away than Gosford.

swoop said:
MadMarcus said:
Great! Can we sign Snake now...

I don't think the money is the problem, it's whether we can stay under the cap.

De$ needs to grow his hair back before summer hits or his head will get burnt.....given his lack of a cap.

swoop said:
MadMarcus said:
Great! Can we sign Snake now...

I don't think the money is the problem, it's whether we can stay under the cap.

De$ needs to grow his hair back before summer hits or his head will get burnt.....given his lack of a cap.

Manly needs to be careful about scheduling when taking a match to Perth. Having to return to Sydney then travel to Townsville is not smart. I would encourage the club to play one match in Perth each season, but ensure that the following week we play in Sydney or have a bye.

Manly needs to be careful about scheduling when taking a match to Perth. Having to return to Sydney then travel to Townsville is not smart. I would encourage the club to play one match in Perth each season, but ensure that the following week we play in Sydney or have a bye.

I would not be reading too much into these figures in terms of the real benefit.

I'm sure playing away from Brookie is financially rewarding but the figures stated are more to convince the supporters it's the right thing to do---i have always been in favour though so it's of no concern to me.

In the end it's in Manly's interests to exaggerate the windfall which in turn will hopefully convince more fans/member/officials it's the right thing to do.

I was actually disappointed the "Monday" night Melb game was not taken away. The current intense rivalry should have been capitalised on while we are a competitive outfit---once we start to struggle these financial incentives will no longer be put on the table. The rivalry that has been built up over the past 5yrs will fade like every other until we are competitive again.

Was the decision to play the Warriors in Perth partly made due to the scheduling of the Melb game on Monday.(was the option to play Melb or the Warriors in Perth on a Monday on offer--- i doubt it just asking)

I'm under the impression that Manly caved in to supporters wanting the Melb game at home and chose the Warriors game as the next best option.- If the Melb game was always going to be on a Monday i doubt the supporters would of cared if that game was taken to Perth.

I would not be reading too much into these figures in terms of the real benefit.

I'm sure playing away from Brookie is financially rewarding but the figures stated are more to convince the supporters it's the right thing to do---i have always been in favour though so it's of no concern to me.

In the end it's in Manly's interests to exaggerate the windfall which in turn will hopefully convince more fans/member/officials it's the right thing to do.

I was actually disappointed the "Monday" night Melb game was not taken away. The current intense rivalry should have been capitalised on while we are a competitive outfit---once we start to struggle these financial incentives will no longer be put on the table. The rivalry that has been built up over the past 5yrs will fade like every other until we are competitive again.

Was the decision to play the Warriors in Perth partly made due to the scheduling of the Melb game on Monday.(was the option to play Melb or the Warriors in Perth on a Monday on offer--- i doubt it just asking)

I'm under the impression that Manly caved in to supporters wanting the Melb game at home and chose the Warriors game as the next best option.- If the Melb game was always going to be on a Monday i doubt the supporters would of cared if that game was taken to Perth.

You seem to think that we are no longer competitive Kelly E-TC? One constant in Manly's history, particularly from 1966 (or thereabouts)onwards, is that the Club is invariably 'competitive'. Only the period from 1999-2004, saw a prolonged period of generally uncompetitive performance. It's in the Club's 'gene profile', unlike say Parramatta's or North Sydney's.

You seem to think that we are no longer competitive Kelly E-TC? One constant in Manly's history, particularly from 1966 (or thereabouts)onwards, is that the Club is invariably 'competitive'. Only the period from 1999-2004, saw a prolonged period of generally uncompetitive performance. It's in the Club's 'gene profile', unlike say Parramatta's or North Sydney's.

Competitive = Easily in top 8 competing for top 4.

Making up the numbers = struggling to stay in the 8 or keep in touch.

Phantar Manly is still more than competitive but on the downward slope so you take advantage of the financial incentives while they last.

Yes Manly is always competitive but most of that "Constant" your referring to was due to finances.

Obviously when i take over the coaching role in a few years the upward trend will return.

Competitive = Easily in top 8 competing for top 4.

Making up the numbers = struggling to stay in the 8 or keep in touch.

Phantar Manly is still more than competitive but on the downward slope so you take advantage of the financial incentives while they last.

Yes Manly is always competitive but most of that "Constant" your referring to was due to finances.

Obviously when i take over the coaching role in a few years the upward trend will return.

Nah.

The plan is to

1)Grow a TC fan base from the grass roots up utilising the online resources of Silvertails.net

2) Set up a Facebook and Twitter media profile to enhance an already over inflated opinion of ones abilities and to cash in on the increased media exposure these platforms will provide.

3)Take advantage of the cyclical downward slope every NRL club goes through by stating and promoting the opposite---in other words suggest in an "implied" manner that the reasons for the poor performances are due to coaching and recruitment.

4)The simple minded masses tag along and get behind TC in his push to take over the "coaching director" role. During this stage i will be pushing my "TC" merchandise stall online with the view of using the profits to purchase players "around the salary cap"

5)Due to the huge groundswell of support Manly is put into a corner and forced to sign me on a 3yr deal.

6) Not live up to expectations take a huge payout figure and go back to jibbering on forums to pass my free time.

Damn sounds like the Australian Olympic team----"don't don't don't don't believe the hype"

Nah.

The plan is to

1)Grow a TC fan base from the grass roots up utilising the online resources of Silvertails.net

2) Set up a Facebook and Twitter media profile to enhance an already over inflated opinion of ones abilities and to cash in on the increased media exposure these platforms will provide.

3)Take advantage of the cyclical downward slope every NRL club goes through by stating and promoting the opposite---in other words suggest in an "implied" manner that the reasons for the poor performances are due to coaching and recruitment.

4)The simple minded masses tag along and get behind TC in his push to take over the "coaching director" role. During this stage i will be pushing my "TC" merchandise stall online with the view of using the profits to purchase players "around the salary cap"

5)Due to the huge groundswell of support Manly is put into a corner and forced to sign me on a 3yr deal.

6) Not live up to expectations take a huge payout figure and go back to jibbering on forums to pass my free time.

Damn sounds like the Australian Olympic team----"don't don't don't don't believe the hype"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6