Many v's Souths - Crowd Prediction tonight?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
given the melbourne crowd of 20,500 in 2011 you can as some were still sitting on the hill, but whether they will allow another 1500 in is the question. Leichardt still fill the hill to standing room, interesting to see if we will

If we got 20,500 against the Storm on a Friday night in 2011, hopefully we can crack 21,000 with some standing on the hill tonight. Nice to record a crowd over 22,000.

It'll hopefully feel like a big crowd but probably only be like 18-19K.

And you'll know it's a big crowd if most of the hill is standing.

Should have moved the game to a bigger venue, as much as i enjoy a packed Brookie standing room is not good enough for the price of a GA ticket these days.

To miss half the game due to poor viewing(kids see nothing in a standing room environment) let alone the struggle to walk through the crowd on the hill to get to the toilets or purchase some hot food and a drink to me is not worth $25-28 dollars even as much as i love the atmosphere.

I was at the Souths Semi and the Melbourne brawl loved the atmosphere but felt sorry for my little neice who could not see a thing.

During the Souths Semi a few years ago it was nice to see Stan Grant and Tracey Holmes rough it out on the hill like the average fan and it was great to see other fans not annoying them also.

All this talk about "Manly fans don't travel" to the SFS is crap, we won't come in extra numbers for crap games but the big NRL season games and the Major Semi final is no issue. The Cowboys semi that had around 13,000 was a cold day on top of being the boring first week that was not sudden death for Manly.

Manly fans will travel to the SFS in numbers when it matters or big games like today and to be honest if we played full time at the SFS eventually our average crowds for boring games will match up in time. The Major semis against out of town teams Broncos, Warriors and NQ all got around 30000 i recall.

In many ways getting to the SFS for people who work in the city on a Fri night is easier, i know a few people who are not going tonight due to the location of Brookie(Souths and Manly Supporters).

Technical Coach said:
Should have moved the game to a bigger venue, as much as i enjoy a packed Brookie standing room is not good enough for the price of a GA ticket these days.

To miss half the game due to poor viewing(kids see nothing in a standing room environment) let alone the struggle to walk through the crowd on the hill to get to the toilets or some hot food and a drink to me is not worth $25-28 dollars even as much as i love the atmosphere.

I was at the Souths Semi and the Melbourne brawl loved the atmosphere but felt sorry for my little neice who could not see a thing.

During the Souths Semi a few years ago it was nice to see Stan Grant and Tracey Holmes rough it out on the hill like the average fan and it was nice to see other fans not annoying them also.

ill stop you at the bold part, this isn't happening when there is plenty of room though

Daniel said:
Technical Coach said:

To miss half the game due to poor viewing(kids see nothing in a standing room environment) let alone the struggle to walk through the crowd on the hill to get to the toilets or some hot food and a drink to me is not worth $25-28 dollars even as much as i love the atmosphere.

During the Souths Semi a few years ago it was nice to see Stan Grant and Tracey Holmes rough it out on the hill like the average fan and it was nice to see other fans not annoying them also.

ill stop you at the bold part, this isn't happening when there is plenty of room though

I don't find it an issue getting through the crowd on the hill when it is around 15-16000 and make my purchases "before" the game. I hate people who go to games and every 20mins "during" the game have to get more beer, are you here to drink or watch the game.

Shame on you Technical Coach, that type of comment is not allowed on here. We have to remain in the 80's on here (Like the Bears) We don't think about future planning on here. Brookie 4 Eva! :p

We will stay at Brookie until the last piece of wood on the seats falls off and we can keep charging you nearly 30 bucks to watch the screen so you can see the action. :s That's how this game remains great!

The top 2.5 mtrs should be put back onto the top the hill, to re-create the 1980's incline. I suspect these earthworx were performed originally in preparation for a grandstand that was never to be built.

Just look the old footage. The view from the Hill then was 'good', (if not 'great') and it was not the problem it is now, when you get more than 16k @ Brooky.

People could sit 'closer together' if the incline was steeper, cause you'd be able to see over them, and you would have larger ground capacity for nights like these.

The Hill is the best thing about rugby league in Sydney. We are so lucky to have it. Every club would want one.

A GA ticket at one of the soulless other stadium you talk about TC does not give you the same view. You get the poor mans seats behind the goal posts or along side the try line. Guess what that means? Yep, watching most of the game on the big screen, just like you are whinging about.

So all you have suggested is we move somewhere else to allow more souffs fans to come and give up the home ground advantage a really dumb move.

Why don't we just play all our home games at our oppositions home grounds so more of their fans can make it?

Darren said:
Shame on you Technical Coach, that type of comment is not allowed on here. We have to remain in the 80's on here (Like the Bears) We don't think about future planning on here. Brookie 4 Eva! :p

We will stay at Brookie until the last piece of wood on the seats falls off and we can keep charging you nearly 30 bucks to watch the screen so you can see the action. :s That's how this game remains great!

Yep lets upgrade to the 2000s where you are playing $60 to sit in a seat a mile further back from the action rather than the $25 to get a prime spot on halfway at Brookie. That's just what the families need ...

Fluffy, you have gone overboard as TC didn't say this. He obviously meant it for one game. In future this game (V Souffs) will be a big money puller due to their enormous and parochial fan base. They will get a 80k game (like Collingwood/Carlton) semi final if they and another popular team make it (not us though) this year.
Keep the chumpy 12-14k games vs Sharks, Cowboys, Saints, Knights, Gold Coast, Penrith, , Easts, Eels at Brookie and raffle the big dollar ones away. (Souffs, Broncos) That will make up for no Leagues club funding.
Remember we need 15k to break even so thanks Souffs for helping us make profit!!

I just checked the Roosters next game at Allianz and a family ticket for 4 was $40. Guaranteed a seat as well but the $60 figure you mentioned seems to be a top seat (like our current Jane Try stand seat) so your figure seems similar there though.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Darren said:

Yep lets upgrade to the 2000s where you are playing $60 to sit in a seat a mile further back from the action rather than the $25 to get a prime spot on halfway at Brookie. That's just what the families need ...

First of all you get a better unobstructed view behind the post at the SFS or tryline angle at the same price as an obstructed no individual seat no easy options to get to toilet and food/drink outlets on the hill at Brookie when the crowd is over 18-19,0000.

We all know it is great viewing on the hill under 15,000 so let's not twist my comments to create meaningless debate.

Brookie is limiting our potential to grow our supporter base, look at Souths the Dogs etc when they first moved to these boring lacking atmosphere stadiums they were actually stuggling to attract crowds and in some cases had smaller crowds than the original home base due to the venues lacking atmosphere.

Slowly the crowds built up over the last decade due to the easy public transport access and overall comfort these stadiums provide and now in many cases their small crowds are equal to their big crowds in smaller suburban stadiums.

Financially in terms of making more profit due to increased ticket sales there is no gain as the contract to play in these venues is an agreement to pay out an agreed amount no matter the crowd(but still more than we would have got in most instances at Brookie) but the potential to draw in new supporters and a larger membership base on top of corporate facilities is the main reason to look in this direction.

Me personally would love an all seater 25,0000 stadium at Brookie as i love the ground but i also love the SFS and at the moment that is our only real option with good public transport.

Oh and i hate the Olympic stadium and not willing to travel to Gosford.

I know the Council owns Brookvale Oval. Is it feasible that the football club buys the ground?
Just asking. And if so, how much do you think the Council would ask?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4