Many v's Souths - Crowd Prediction tonight?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Where the microphones were placed could be a factor but watching the Ch9 game, it sounded like Souffs had the louder Cheer Squad!

Sure, we heard the occasional Maaaannnlyyyy, but that was it.

I could hear that cheering too and they had a lot to cheer about. Real Jace texted me and said the young guys are here and the real deal and the old men are gone. Bring it on Souffs and see you in September (hopefully)

Chip and Chase said:
20510 according to Ch9

Wow that's massive for Brookie - it did look packed and great to see so much Maroon & White!

So who was closest? (wasn't me)

Unfortunately I had to attend a corporate event at the Reds V Blues snorefest at Suncorp last night and couldn't help but wonder about the sterile, disinterested environment.

I don't go the the Gabba anymore for the cricket as these soulless stadiums have sucked any atmosphere out of the event. (RIP the Gabba Hill)

Should think ourselves lucky there is still a hill where you can stand and drink a CAN of HEAVY beer and shoot the **** and watch the footy.

It's the first time in several years it was all standing on The Hill. No dramas, just a great atmosphere. Imagine that crowd at the SFS or ANZ. It wouldn't have been the same. Ask the players from both sides if they enjoy playing at Brookie and they will tell you how great it is.
Had Big Red been rightly awarded his try the crowd would have got Manly home 18-14.
Great match. Incredibly tough. I fear both teams will be feeling the effects in the next match. Plus with our suspensions and injuries the game against Illawarra in Illawarra is a huge danger, imo.

COMMANDER said:
Unfortunately I had to attend a corporate event at the Reds V Blues snorefest at Suncorp last night and couldn't help but wonder about the sterile, disinterested environment.

I don't go the the Gabba anymore for the cricket as these soulless stadiums have sucked any atmosphere out of the event. (RIP the Gabba Hill)

Should think ourselves lucky there is still a hill where you can stand and drink a CAN of HEAVY beer and shoot the s**t and watch the footy.

I haven't been to the Gabba, but apart from the fact that it is a wonderful modern stadium, I can't sense any atmosphere at all, and the crowds are often poor - even for limited overs games. You must not be alone, Clit.

Sorry you had to endure a game of union.. Snore! Fantastic crowd last night - well done to all who attended.

ssar said:
Chip and Chase said:
20510 according to Ch9

Wow that's massive for Brookie - it did look packed and great to see so much Maroon & White!

So who was closest? (wasn't me)

EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 said:

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Many-v-s-Souths-Crowd-Prediction-tonight?pid=487731#pid487731

Couple of things:

The strobe lights in one of the corporate boxes in the F-M Stand - get rid of them. They are like something I'd expect to see at a Blue Light disco, not at the football.

Hello - what happened to 'Eagle Rock' at the start? And Igor slipping over - bad omens.

Grant Goldman - we don't need to hear about Joanne Schmo from the Belrose Eagles during the play. Save it for halftime.

The crap music when Jimbo was lining up for conversions. Luckily he wasn't distracted, because the wife and I sure were.

The speakers - it's oranges or apples. Either you can't hear it at all or your eardrums are bleeding by the end. We were sitting near one that flashed into life for the second half. Surely it can't be that difficult to sort out the sound arrangements in 2013.

Neal Evans - is that his name? You don't have to shout at a million miles an hour mate. My preference would be that you just f-ck off entirely with your banal dribble. However that probably won't happen anytime soon.

What is it with these guys that speak with broader accents than some of the original Anzacs, only to get a gig on the radio or wherever? If they really need someone on the field doing that stuff - find someone with a trained voice, like Grant Goldman's. Not some hick who sounds like a cross between a galah and chainsaw.

lismore_fan said:
Where the microphones were placed could be a factor but watching the Ch9 game, it sounded like Souffs had the louder Cheer Squad!

Sure, we heard the occasional Maaaannnlyyyy, but that was it.

Not at all there were more away supporters than usual, but I would still say 70-80% manly and our cheering and chanting were deafening at times. Have been sitting on the hill for 40 years and this would rank in top 10 for atmosphere. Best quote of the night was from the bloke in front of me addressed to the burgess boofheads "we know your mother has a rather large vagina". Vulgar but hilarious. I'm glad Darren wasn't there he would have been horrified.

Technical Coach said:
Should have moved the game to a bigger venue, as much as i enjoy a packed Brookie standing room is not good enough for the price of a GA ticket these days.

To miss half the game due to poor viewing(kids see nothing in a standing room environment) let alone the struggle to walk through the crowd on the hill to get to the toilets or purchase some hot food and a drink to me is not worth $25-28 dollars even as much as i love the atmosphere.

I was at the Souths Semi and the Melbourne brawl loved the atmosphere but felt sorry for my little neice who could not see a thing.

During the Souths Semi a few years ago it was nice to see Stan Grant and Tracey Holmes rough it out on the hill like the average fan and it was great to see other fans not annoying them also.

All this talk about "Manly fans don't travel" to the SFS is crap, we won't come in extra numbers for crap games but the big NRL season games and the Major Semi final is no issue. The Cowboys semi that had around 13,000 was a cold day on top of being the boring first week that was not sudden death for Manly.

Manly fans will travel to the SFS in numbers when it matters or big games like today and to be honest if we played full time at the SFS eventually our average crowds for boring games will match up in time. The Major semis against out of town teams Broncos, Warriors and NQ all got around 30000 i recall.

In many ways getting to the SFS for people who work in the city on a Fri night is easier, i know a few people who are not going tonight due to the location of Brookie(Souths and Manly Supporters).

Why would we give away our home ground advantage taking the game to SFS,and get totally outnumbered by Souths supporters?? That's ridiculous.

No such thing as a home ground advantage if the team you support no longer exists.

I would love to have a home ground advantage at Brookie and continue to do so as it does help our win loss ratio but loving the team/home ground to death is a selfish outlook. If no major upgrades are evident or in the pipeline guaranteed within the next 2yrs it is time to move on fullstop.

Do you think Souths would still be around if they loved Redfern Oval to death, do you think it is fair on Souths supporters if say for example they still played out of Redfern Oval and the game against Melb they had to turn back 15,000 fans due to capacity.

The more game day experiences we can garner from a broad demographic of people the more we can grow our membership base. Corporate packages can be better tailored also which make it more attractive to a variety of corporate sponsorships.

Yes in the first few years support might drop but in time it will pick up and surpass current levels. The downside is the patronage to the leagues club will drop also reducing revenue but their financial contribution has been dropping for years.

As i have stated before i would love to see Brookie upgraded and from a selfish fan point of view i want Manly to have a great stadium and we honestly deserve to have a 25,000 all seater. My view point in terms of a Govt making wise economic choices i feel NSW per capita has way too many stadiums and the area is not really what you would consider "a growth area" with small families.

What Manly has to it's advantage is a support base that probably has a higher disposable income with the potential for higher yields of return if we can get an all seater stadium in our back yard and leverage off the comfort and facilities through membership and merchandise sales.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2