Many v's Souths - Crowd Prediction tonight?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did anyone see the drunk guy stumble his way all the way down the hill, gathering decent pace, leaving people in his wake and whacking full pelt into a couple of people? Left a kid crying.

I love going on the Brookie hill for something a bit different, but if he cleaned me up, or if I had a family and he cleaned any of them up it'd be a different story.

It's probably time to do what the Tigers do, take the bulk of their games to a modern stadium and leave a couple at their spiritual home.

*All assuming the inevitable happens and that Brookie doesn't receive the funding it deserves.

Volley said:
Did anyone see the drunk guy stumble his way all the way down the hill, gathering decent pace, leaving people in his wake and whacking full pelt into a couple of people? Left a kid crying.

I love going on the Brookie hill for something a bit different, but if he cleaned me up, or if I had a family and he cleaned any of them up it'd be a different story.

It's probably time to do what the Tigers do, take the bulk of their games to a modern stadium and leave a couple at their spiritual home.

*All assuming the inevitable happens and that Brookie doesn't receive the funding it deserves.

No. I didn't see that incident, nor any other except the Souffs supporter on the roof of the drinks shed. In 50 years of going to Brookie I've only seen a handful of incidents. Just because its a hill doesn't mean there will be any more trouble than a seated stadium; a drunk is a drunk no matter where.

Sheikheagle said:
. Best quote of the night was from the bloke in front of me addressed to the burgess boofheads "we know your mother has a rather large vagina". Vulgar but hilarious. I'm glad Darren wasn't there he would have been horrified.

When leaving a small group started the "glory glory to Souff Sydney" song to which one politically incorrect Manly fan replied. Yeah. Maybe. But come Monday we'll all have jobs!

Not that I condone such a sledge.

Good write up Technical Coach and even Souffs saw Redfern for what it really was. They knew they outgrew it and made the correct decision. They are definitely smart operators when it comes to marketing and sponsorship.

Yeah I saw the idiot on the roof at one point he nearly fell and he would have done some damage to himself. Beer cans were raining on him. My question why waste a good beer? The souths fans at the back of the burrow were giving it to us but Given their lack of teeth it was difficult to understand? Although, I heard one them call the other Jace?

Darren you r really getting boring aren't u due back at school?

Darren said:
Good write up Technical Coach and even Souffs saw Redfern for what it really was. They knew they outgrew it and made the correct decision. They are definitely smart operators when it comes to marketing and sponsorship.

Didn't Souths move to the SFS and end up getting punted out of the comp ? :)

Tell you what TC & Darren when we can travel even twice the distance that Collingwood or Carlton have to in order to play the occasional game at a bigger stadium I will agree with your dribble but given there is nothing within 5kms and never will be try to support my home ground rather than trying to destroy the club I support.

Yes thats right your argument was comparing us to Melbourne people who had to adjust to moving less than 3kms, dumbass.

Parra Stadium games when both teams are in form you see a huge turn out of Manly supporters, even at Penrith when it is a big game.

I recall Manly did a poll and found that 40% of home ground Manly supporters are from outside the local area around the late 90's early 2000's.

Manly to SFS google distance is 17.9km, Redfern to ANZ stadium google distance is 16.1km.

Fluffy i have always supported Manly being based at home and still do but without an upgrade what choice do we have we are falling behind year by year the longer we wait but I'm still hopeful and supportive of upgrades.

The English Premier league i recall in the early 90's basically in a round about way forced clubs to become more professional and stipulate all seater stadiums, not sure but i think it was around the time Murdoch got involved.(i'm no fan of Murdoch so don't bring that up for debate)

I think it was one of the conditions to be part of the league in conjunction with safety concerns from the past but it is more difficult in a less populated country for this to happen so i am just being realistic about our chances of a favourable outcome.

Volley said:

At halftime? Someone fell and the cops and paramedics were all into it. Was towards the northern end of the hill. Someone got carted away on a the stretcher they use for neck injuries. He was all strapped in so he didn't move.

My wife's family travel 1.5 hours for Collingwood and go further Fluffy as the G is on the opposite side of them so not sure how you got your 3km's. I'll let my family know you told me that they should only be travelling 3km's so they realise they are going the long way.

Technical coach, there's too much passion and sentiment with Brookvale. Lots on here would probably rather lose the team then move to a NRL central location. Different ideas and reactions.

You're good at avoiding Darren !!

Firstly, Did Souths end up losing their team after moving to the SFS ?

Secondly, why do you keep running with the "the team will die if they stay at Brookvale line" ? Can you produce the facts and figures to back that up ?

Perry has said the club will not be making a loss this season

Darren, Princess park is about 3km from the MCG, so the change they had to adapt to was a 3km move, unlike the 20km change that is being proposed. How you could think I was talking specifically about how this would effect just a few of the people you know rather than the thousands of people who go to the game from the northern beaches is beyond me.

Not sure if playing dumb to avoid to point or just dumb.

Cracking sentence: Not sure if playing dumb to avoid to point or just dumb. You sound like a Souffs fan with no teeth or Centrelink priority customer. :D I taught Year Two last year and didn't even see that type of sentence structure.

17.9 kilometres isn't that far to watch your beloved team. Thousands travel a long way each game.

Been travelling from Wollongong since 1983. My trip is nearly 200 km's every time I have been (made hundreds of trips) Then you read about the northern beaches whinge about 17.9km's so they refuse to travel to Allianz for the semi. Hardcore!

You confuse the issue with yourself Darren

Distances travelled means stuff all

The team has more advantages playing out of Brookvale than it does playing out of the SFS, it is as simple as that for me and see no need to move the games to there. We have the best home record of any team in the comp over the past 3 seasons. You will say the team will die out of Brookvale, well you need to back that statement up

Personally for you the SFS offers more, that's the extent of your argument most of the time

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2