Many v's Souths - Crowd Prediction tonight?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Larissa said:
Some staff travel over 40km just to work for the mighty Sea Eagles every day ;)

The point is will those same staff travel the same distance on game day for free "as a fan of any club" is the best way to make a fair comparison.

I'm sure if Manly was willing to pay people to come to the SFS people would finally stop complaining about the short distance to travel lol mind you a successful entertaining team is more than enough payment for me.

The only ground i support Manly using away from Brookie is the SFS and the only time i went to Gosford from what i recall i think it was Jason Kings debut in first grade i think----did he not score a long range try that game or involved in one--- it was soooo long ago.

I'm at a loss to understand what Darren and TC want. Do you want Brookie to be a bigger capacity ground, to be an all-seat stadium, or have more toilets and f&B amenities? Do you want to bulldoze the hill for a concrete stand? Do you want a big screen video screen?
In my opinion, Brookie does need better toilets and F&B, plus more efficient entry accesses. As for increasing capacity, the easiest way is to demolish the stands and replace them with banked stands like at the SFS. That would add 5000-6000 in seated comfort. But we certainly don't need an all-seat stadium like the SFS. The Hill makes going to the footy extra special.

My involvement and opinions in this thread is not to the same level as Darren in relation to "why in some cases the crowds are not big enough at Brookie", i've always felt playing a quality team at a good time slot especially Sun afternoon Manly fans turn up no issue.

I'm just saying paying $25-$30 dollars on a standing only hill not being able to see half the game and struggling to get to toilets or food and drink outlets for that price is not good enough. On top of that why would anyone bring a kid on the hill on such big crowd occasions if they can't see a thing.

I don't expect an all seater stadium but something like the Panthers in terms of the majority have an individual seat does not have to be covered seating would be a good starting point.

The hill is great for crowds under 15,000 but for big ticket games it is not good enough. Yes the atmosphere is great at Brookie i'm sure the players love it also but you are limiting the support base with such facilities.

You want more people experiencing game day in person at the ground to hook them in to the culture and habit of turning up.

In the same way going into a supermarket just for cheap milk and hoping while they are in the shop they purchase other things along the way you want more of a broad range of people attending(in an overall season sense) not due to increased ticket sales but being able to seduce them into membership and merchandise sales either at the ground or elsewhere.

You are more likely to generate extra merchandise sales and a stronger less fair weather supporter even if you convert a 100% tv fan that never turns up to attend just 1 or 2 games a season due off the back of playing in a big stadium.

Mind you the best outcome would be to attract more of the demographic that has no social life and a total outcast due to the extra money they spend on membership and merchandise and the bigger the stadium the more we can attract such fans lol.

Problem is Manly fans have a social life do other things so we have to do more to attract them to game day and provide facilities in keeping with their class to take advantage of increased disposable incomes when they do decide to turn up.

Union supporters are tossers especially the ones from a certain continent, they are more worried about networking and feeling a class above than actually enjoying the game.

deadlyeagle said:
So the last biggest home crowd was 20,100 ish in 2006 against the doggies. When was the last bigger home crowd?

There have been several 20000 plus crowds since then - including 2011 against Melbourne. There is another thread covering that issue. I was at the biggest ever home game crowd in 1986. Officially there were 7,145 additional people watching the game on that occasion.

This might be a very basic argument but I took my 10 year daughter to the knights game from the gold coast.She had a nice meal and drink at the club,I bought her the Manly rastifarian wig which she loved and sat in the bench seats in front of the grandstand. She did not stop dancing and cheering for the whole game, high fived the players when they did their circuit at the end and then we kicked a few goals when the kids were allowed on the ground.

Went to the state of the art Titans ground the next week,sat in a great seat on halfway and she fell asleep after 2o minutes and wanted to go home at half time.

For me rugby league is a great working class game to be loved for the rawness and emotion that our ground provides.Seeing the Beaver float over the ground off a Cliffy pass as the hill rises is what does it for me. Just because everyone says it is inevitable we go all corporate and start drinking Heinekin in private boxes doesn't mean I have to agree with it. They said the same thing about the inevitable joys of globalisation and the GFC fixed that real quick. Just my opinion but I hope the old girl keeps throwing her gates open forever.

Well I was definitely under in my guesstimation. I didn't think we could fit 20,000+ in anymore. Great turn out.

Was marred by a few things at the game such as the bloke on top of the bar and a chick on the hill being vulgar and trying to bully a larger guy into moving because she couldn't see.

castle eagle said:
now lets see how many turn up for our next home game, monday 13th may.
i know i'll be there

I'll have to settle for watching it from Bali. So I expect the crowd to be down by at least one that night.

Technical Coach said:
Union supporters are tossers especially the ones from a certain continent, they are more worried about networking and feeling a class above than actually enjoying the game.

Lame generalisation there TC. I support both League & Union as many would in this country & in NZ.

You do realise how many people on the Northern Beaches follow both rugby codes??

castle eagle said:
i know i'll be there

Me too. Should be a cracker!

castle eagle said:
i know i'll be there

The Monday night home game against the Roosters on 13th May is the 3rd tier in our pricing, so Adult General Admission tickets are only $20 on the night !

Mals said:
Technical Coach said:

Lame generalisation there TC. I support both League & Union as many would in this country & in NZ.

You do realise how many people on the Northern Beaches follow both rugby codes??

castle eagle said:
i know i'll be there

Me too. Should be a cracker!

Lame generalisation totally agree but it works for me more often than not in this area on top of ignoring right wing economically brainwashed daily telegraph types.

Could care less that many people on the Northern Beaches follow both codes.

Another thing i hate is the use of "Northern Beaches" to describe an area like it is some posh upper class tag individuals use to add perceived value to themselves and the location they live in----probably half who use this description live in suburbs like Brookvale lol.

Yes i know Brookvale is part of the "Northern Beaches" but many people who live in such suburbs when asked where they are from or where they live will reply "oh i live/from the Northern Beaches", or "I grew up on the Northern Beaches"

Technical Coach said:
Could care less that many people on the Northern Beaches follow both codes.

Ah so you do care a bit :) That's important because if you do want the overall crowds to improve at Brookie these are the people (sorry tossers) that need to more attend more regularly & in greater numbers.

I do not care about such people in a social capacity and would prefer this part of our fan base which probably accounts for 70% of our crowd numbers to use their extra disposable income on full package memberships, merchandise and a foxtel subscription and please do not turn up in person at the game.(referring to Right Wing voting Rugby followers and people who enjoy telling the world they are from the "Northern Beaches")

Technical Coach said:
(referring to Right Wing voting Rugby followers and people who enjoy telling the world they are from the "Northern Beaches")

The ones you have to worry about are those that live in Dee Why or Brookvale, but refer to it as the North Shore.

Nothing wrong with referring to it as the Northern Beaches, as that's what it is, but you don't want to be too proud.

I hear both all the time each as bad as the other in my opinion.

"Where are you from", "Oh the Northern Beaches" "Whereabouts" then after the whereabouts comment they mention the location.

I've never come across anyone that just straight out replies "Dee Why or Brookvale they always take the long winded route.

Technical Coach said:
I hear both all the time each as bad as the other in my opinion.

"Where are you from", "Oh the Northern Beaches" "Whereabouts" then after the whereabouts comment they mention the location.

I've never come across anyone that just straight out replies "Dee Why or Brookvale they always take the long winded route.

Most people have no idea about the individual suburbs within the Northern Beaches. Just like people from the Hills District are from there. Ease of explanation thing.

Phantar said:
deadlyeagle said:
So the last biggest home crowd was 20,100 ish in 2006 against the doggies. When was the last bigger home crowd?

There have been several 20000 plus crowds since then - including 2011 against Melbourne. There is another thread covering that issue. I was at the biggest ever home game crowd in 1986. Officially there were 7,145 additional people watching the game on that occasion.

Was that a regular season game?

castle eagle said:
i know i'll be there

I work Monday nights...so i won't be there. Hate Monday night games.:(

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6