Marty..OMG

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just so striking comparing Marty 's very ordinary form for ages now compared with the aggressive and tearaway player he was just before and after joining Manly . Maybe trying to preserve his body but can 't expect being rewarded for it when he was on some very decent coin at Manly and consequently considerably overpriced for his efforts for a good part of his time there . Good luck to him prolonging his career a bit longer and any pay packet in the process , Very poor value for money player again for most of his Manly stint . Had a sneaky off load occasionally once and to his credit but that seems long time ago as well

Go get em Marty, good to see your overcoming the mental demons after your concussions playing for us.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

One of the worst value for money contracts of the last 5 years.

But that's not his fault. It was whoever signed him to it.

Marty lost his Kapow 4 years ago.
Not intimidating and should be, as he is a Beast of a man.
He lost me when carrying on about being his own product, giving himself more importance then Manly as a footy team.
I don't wish bad on him, but don't see him as a loss at all....in fact I think we have a better pack this year with young bucks, more dummy half options and edge backrower Tuilagi.
Essentially Marty is a used dildo (his own) salesman in disguise. Says so in his LinkedIn profile.

I notice that Garner is on the bench for the Panthers. A likely premiership ring instead of another wooden spoon with the Tigers. Wise career move!
Not too sure what sort of money he is presently on but dare to say Garner would have been a better option in the backrow then Tuilagi or even an improving Burbo .
Can play centre as well . Might have even been a bit of a dilemma even with Shu very hopefully coming good again in the 2 nd row if Garner was on the Manly scene still but will continue to have some faith that the Shu can still get his mojo back on an edge

Wonder if Marty is still riding his Pushie to training and promoting his own personal brand or brands or whatever .
Seems a decent sort of bloke but again hard to reconcile the damaging type forward he was many seasons ago to the virtual meek version again for a few seasons now .
And taking up a very considerable portion of the Manly cap towards his mid to latter stages with Manly and so little impact and value for money again in general

What a fall from grace for Marty....suspended for 3 weeks in round 21, has languished in the reserves ever since and he can't say he was in the Broncs GF team. I'd say his ego's been kapowed!

Last edited:
Not too sure what sort of money he is presently on but dare to say Garner would have been a better option in the backrow then Tuilagi or even an improving Burbo .
Can play centre as well . Might have even been a bit of a dilemma even with Shu very hopefully coming good again in the 2 nd row if Garner was on the Manly scene still but will continue to have some faith that the Shu can still get his mojo back on an edge
Garner, Jacob Prestons in our own backyard...then we bring in Tuilagi.

What a fall from grace for Marty....suspended for 3 weeks in round 21, has languished in the reserves ever since and can't say he was in the Broncs GF team. I'd say his ego's been kapowed!
Someone said Marty made a lot of meters when he was with us, yeah, sideways crabbing run metres.

When we first got Marty I was super excited, and for a while he seemed to live up to it.

Then it was all about being the STRONGEST MAN IN LEAGUE!! Which is great....if you use it by RUNNING STRAIGHT AND HARD!!!

Which he stopped doing. At one point, he was a monster, and then he became the offload....hmm cant say King as half of them were duds. And Sideways runner......

What a waste!

When we first got Marty I was super excited, and for a while he seemed to live up to it.

Then it was all about being the STRONGEST MAN IN LEAGUE!! Which is great....if you use it by RUNNING STRAIGHT AND HARD!!!

Which he stopped doing. At one point, he was a monster, and then he became the offload....hmm cant say King as half of them were duds. And Sideways runner......

What a waste!
He could of stayed if he wanted to, just needed to bring his price tag down to a realistic level. But in the end I'm glad he's not here.

Disagree, Garner is just not that good.

Fringe first grader, always was, always will be

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8