[Resurrected] Marty's rumoured wanderings thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
FMD I’m sick of this ****.

It goes on and on and on!!
We make it easy for them mate. We deliver them ammo daily. And as you know no one at the club sticks their hand up to set them straight or feed them good stories about whats going on around the place. Zorba is the only one that talks to the media and all he does is leak the bull****.

It would be really nice if the club released a statement now and again about where the salary cap drama is up to and direction for next year.

We make it easy for them mate. We deliver them ammo daily. And as you know no one at the club sticks their hand up to set them straight or feed them good stories about whats going on around the place. Zorba is the only one that talks to the media and all he does is leak the bull****.

It would be really nice if the club released a statement now and again about where the salary cap drama is up to and direction for next year.

They tweet photos ( for example this week with the players lined up to make a tackle) and add a byline , but that’s it.

Other than the team announcement, and those “ fluff stories” about truth sessions absolutely NADA about the team or organisation issues.

Certainly the lowest ebb in our clubs 70 odd year history.

I don't agree.

They have come out and said Marty is going nowhere. It's not the clubs fault if people or fans keep reading tabloid rubbish and cling to sayings like where there is smoke there is fire. How can the club convince those....err...people?

Also the club and I guess every organisation in the history of every known multiverse will not respond to every single comment made by every single nut case who claims they are a news site (by putting this sporting something in front of the word news for example).

The club has even said that responding to such ludicrous claims by moronic news sites just gives them more oxygen to continue making up rumours and publishing innuendo. NO 'news' site is ever going to print - "Oh ok, the Manly Coach said Marty is staying, we'll move on then." They just don't. If you don't believe this then you have already read too much of this post.

And people ask for info about the intricate dealings of the club, pretending like that info won't ever get passed on to every media outlet desperate for more anti Manly agenda driven garbage.

Even some posters on here carry on about "Manly to Perth, Manly to Perth, Manly to Perth" like a ****ing pirate's parrot, until they get called out on it, claim it was all just tongue in cheek, then 2 days later get back into it.

It is also rare that a business/company.club will release info about all the problems they are facing. Yeah...genius move that would be.

Release info - get bagged for it not being meaty enough
Don't release info - wah, why aren't they telling us every tiny little thing that we can make not difference about but whine.

I'm sure the club also hopes that we can put some of these things together ourselves.

What direction do we think the club is trying to take next year? Come on! Also, anyone remember the titans ceo releasing on their forum about killer going there? What great communication that was for the club. Oh but it allowed Manly to sort their crap and keep killer.
Would love for no one to have known about Pearce, maybe then his dad would not have been able to get into his ear about not signing. (allegedly).

I'm hungry.

The problem manly has is after a few years of this stuff, any of it is believable. Its only the journalists lack of credability that gives even the most passionate fans hope its not true.

In saying that ive mentioned numerous times that i can see the forward pack getting the ****s and finger pointing at the spine in particular for not doing its job. I say spine but i mean the captain.

Who likes working with people that are not doing the job they are employed to do. Especially when there reputation rather than there contribution seems to be the main focus

Maybe I'm reading a too much into this but a couple of months back when these rumours started I watched on TV what happened when Manly scored a try. Most of the team ran over to the scorer to congratulate them but I did not see Marty doing this too. Could this be that Marty does not get on with his team mates, wants out, is because of the type of person he is or maybe this is just the way he plays the game?

I don't agree.

They have come out and said Marty is going nowhere. It's not the clubs fault if people or fans keep reading tabloid rubbish and cling to sayings like where there is smoke there is fire. How can the club convince those....err...people?

Also the club and I guess every organisation in the history of every known multiverse will not respond to every single comment made by every single nut case who claims they are a news site (by putting this sporting something in front of the word news for example).

The club has even said that responding to such ludicrous claims by moronic news sites just gives them more oxygen to continue making up rumours and publishing innuendo. NO 'news' site is ever going to print - "Oh ok, the Manly Coach said Marty is staying, we'll move on then." They just don't. If you don't believe this then you have already read too much of this post.

And people ask for info about the intricate dealings of the club, pretending like that info won't ever get passed on to every media outlet desperate for more anti Manly agenda driven garbage.

Even some posters on here carry on about "Manly to Perth, Manly to Perth, Manly to Perth" like a ****ing pirate's parrot, until they get called out on it, claim it was all just tongue in cheek, then 2 days later get back into it.

It is also rare that a business/company.club will release info about all the problems they are facing. Yeah...genius move that would be.

Don't release info - wah, why aren't they telling us every tiny little thing that we can make not difference about but whine.

I'm sure the club also hopes that we can put some of these things together ourselves.

What direction do we think the club is trying to take next year? Come on! Also, anyone remember the titans ceo releasing on their forum about killer going there? What great communication that was for the club. Oh but it allowed Manly to sort their crap and keep killer. Would love for no one to know about Pearce, maybe then his dad would not have been able to get into his ear about not joining.

I'm hungry.

Stop being so ****ing logical!!

I don't agree.

What direction do we think the club is trying to take next year? Come on! Also, anyone remember the titans ceo releasing on their forum about killer going there? What great communication that was for the club. Oh but it allowed Manly to sort their crap and keep killer.
Would love for no one to have known about Pearce, maybe then his dad would not have been able to get into his ear about not signing. (allegedly).

I'm hungry.
I think the point is that they treat us like idiots. For weeks now we have received nothing but pics of smiling players at training. Smiling. Smiling. Happy. Happy.
I understand the need for spin but when things are as they have been this season, it simply doesn't work without actual information. The info could be as simple as regular updates for members about where the appeal process is at.

I love you sensitive approach to these matters Stevo. You certainly don't suffer from indecisiveness

Haha its a big boys world mate. No sense in him being here if he wants out. He's on too much coin to be playing half hearted.

In my opinion many editors and sports journalists must have a skewed morale compasses and don't seem to care about the damage they can cause by reporting rumour based stories. All they want is a headline story at any cost. Morale boundaries such as proof are constantly overstepped and ignored. Sometimes one suspects that they are simply making stuff up. Sports commentators and the reporters should be focusing on the administration of game and the performance of teams rather than being gossip mongers out to cause as much mischief, pain and damage as they can to individuals and to clubs that they don't like. The power of the press is frightening and can destroy reputations in an instant. No wonder the players become distressed when they read bull **** stories that have been published. The sham excuse of not identifying the source is just a smoke screen to defeat any prospect of accountability. Time for sports reporters to recognize the magnitude of the potential harm that can be caused to individuals and clubs by this type of reporting.

Marty has done nothing wrong, he is entitled to be the person he is and if he is different to majority of his team mates who cares. His job is to train hard, follow game plans and give his best. Popularity within the playing group is not vital. They aren't school kids they are men playing a professional team sport.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11