Matai and Snake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jeez im getting frustrated with all these injuries. Its either old age at a tender 32 or our training regime is crap . Manly need to go in the market hard for a centre and a pivot for next season right now . Stewart has to go , Tommy to 1, dylan to 3 and find a 6 . Come on manly we can all see it.

Yep I agree with that...
Manly 2017
1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Knight
9.Parcell
10.Myles(vc)
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(c)

14.Brown
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Meehan
17.Vave

We need to be looking at a:

5/8-Norman/Green
Centre-Bowen/Linnet/Moga
Winger-Rona/Mansour
Second Rower-Thompson/Rochow/Gillet

Jeez im getting frustrated with all these injuries. Its either old age at a tender 32 or our training regime is crap . Manly need to go in the market hard for a centre and a pivot for next season right now . Stewart has to go , Tommy to 1, dylan to 3 and find a 6 . Come on manly we can all see it.
Spoke to Tom @ the fan night tonight @ Stafford and he indicated he was still injured. Notable abscentees were Snake Matai and Walker. Surprised if Tom plays after our discussion as he didn't seem too keen.

Just read an article on NRL.com. Myles said Skivvi and Snake are out with Symonds to come in for Matai and Trbojevic looks set to assume the fullback position providing he passes the fitness test.

Yep as much as it pains me to admit it snake is gone. Misses too many games and this year when on the paddock is a passenger.

Spoke to Tom @ the fan night tonight @ Stafford and he indicated he was still injured. Notable abscentees were Snake Matai and Walker. Surprised if Tom plays after our discussion as he didn't seem too keen.
Tom will be playing unless ruled out Saturday afternoon.

I think TB will want to disrupt the backline as little as possible, which will probably means Brown to centre, and T-red back to starting.

I also think he has seen enough of Wright to give him a shot at fullback but no idea who he would bring onto the wing.

Either way it will be another one of those weeks when we will all just be blowing in the wind until one hour before kick-off.

Welcome to coaching FG Trent, I am sure it is all your fault.

Yeah, they have the perfect excuse for mediocrity !!

For the record, winners don't use excuses.

Been pretty busy all week and not even looked at the team list. I guess we have some injuries/withdrawals going by this thread. I saw our odds late last night and we are paying nearly $5 for a win, this explains it.

Mate, I was hung, drawn and quartered for suggesting something is going on with our fitness and training regime, so don't go there. I completely agree with you btw.

Yep I agree with that...
Manly 2017
1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Knight
9.Parcell
10.Myles(vc)
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(c)

14.Brown
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Meehan
17.Vave

We need to be looking at a:

5/8-Norman/Green
Centre-Bowen/Linnet/Moga
Winger-Rona/Mansour
Second Rower-Thompson/Rochow/Gillet

... don't forget we have Brad Parker, Tom Wright, Matt Wright, Nico Hynes, Lavaka, and others coming through

Mate, I was hung, drawn and quartered for suggesting something is going on with our fitness and training regime, so don't go there. I completely agree with you btw.
Really put these injuries down to Snake having injuries going back 4-5 seasons, so we can blame those trainers, same with Matai who has has ongoing injuries for longer, more from his physical playing style.
I do agree with Brad though... It's a misleading squad when EVERY week at least 2 star players are missing....emotionally split on this as it involves long time fan favourites like these 2 in question, but it's just "time up" Ryan & no trainer in the world can change this without a time machine....do agree with Brad though - very frustrating.

Lurker is saying this is Matai's last year and he won't be back next year. I was sure he signed to the end of 2017 last year...

Lurker is saying this is Matai's last year and he won't be back next year. I was sure he signed to the end of 2017 last year...
and i wonder if this other lurker rumour may be refering to snake

I can sense drama up ahead for a senior player at one of our mid-table clubs.

The player looks disinterested for the most part and is not following his club's strict protocol when he it comes to rehab.

His form has been okay but nothing out of this world. It would not surprise if he was tapped on the shoulder before too much longer.

Yep! Article is from Sporting News as well which Zorba has a weekly post with, so I would assume it would be pretty close to the money.

"Manly have given veteran centre Steve Matai the word that he is free to move on for 2017.

Matai comes off contract at the end of this season and was hoping for a new deal - one last contract to ensure he remains a one-club man.

The 31-year-old centre has played over 200 games for the Sea Eagles since debuting 11 years ago and is something of a cult hero on the northern beaches with his take-no-prisoners style.

But as we have learned only too well in recent times, football is a business these days - and there is no room for sentiment.

The powers that be at the Sea Eagles believe that Matai’s best football is behind him and are unlikely to offer him a deal for next season.

With Jamie Lyon retiring, it will be the end of an era for one of the NRL’s most polished and professional centre pairings.

Matai will attract big offers from England, but several other NRL clubs are also likely to sound him out.

Only last season, he rejected a massive offer to return to his native New Zealand with the Warriors."
He is signed so unless they are going to cut him loose...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    138.9 KB · Views: 11
Yeah Matai IS contracted until the end of 2017. This is a strange story he's been one of our most consistent this season and I really think we need him around if Lyon and Snake go. Hope it's bull****

Loobs i think that may be correct. If we keep stewart and Matai for 17 what are the chances of them getting through injury free . ZIP. They will be tapped on the shoulder, sadly this has to happen or we are in for another disruptive year . Also hearing matai and myles dont see eye to eye.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6