Matai is gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Makes sense that someone will be forced out and it will be known sooner rather than later. Matai rumour was mentioned last night on NRL on FOX.

Shoulders has been great for us, and a heap of passion as well, would be sad to see him go but we do have an able replacment in Whare who would command less money at this stage of his career.

I no longer pay attention to rumours until they come true. Had enough of them to be honest.
People enjoy the troll and enjoy posting them, others enjoy arguing about them, so I'll let it be for now

So Rambo's rumour came from Fox Sports, now that is a scoop - at least rambo can watch TV and remember the words

Masked Eagle said:
Makes sense that someone will be forced out and it will be known sooner rather than later. Matai rumour was mentioned last night on NRL on FOX.

It would be alot easier to say who would be safe in the side with now limited money to spend in the next two years.(dce,foran upgrade)

I would say
DCE
Foran
lyon
Chock
Wolfman
Whare

I think that anything could happen to the rest and only the top four are
guaranteed. There may be different players in the other positions.
Just a thought.

If this is right there is alot of bad press coming our way by the telecrap
but I know they will blame Dave Perry.

bones said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Truly I just don't get people from other clubs who go onto opposition forums to create havoc......

Thats the ONLY reason anyone goes to a forum of a team other than the one they support. I don't care what anyone says......Those who say they simply go to chat to fans of other teams are lying.

You shouldn't be so quick to pigeon-hole people bones. If my memory serves me correctly, Dan has previously stated in other threads that he also goes to other teams forums to chat/discuss. Are you accusing him of lying too as he doesn't come across that way to me. In my life, I've always had the opinion that you should judge each person as an individual and not as a group as there are good and bad in all groups and don't deserve to be labelled the same.

The Wheel said:
So Rambo's rumour came from Fox Sports, now that is a scoop - at least rambo can watch TV and remember the words

Sometimes I think journo's come on line and drop these bombs so they then can print reactions from fans.

More than likely the Telecrap. Bulldog a big suspect

lovefooty said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Who needs to adjust their approach to posting here & read the sites terms & conditions ?

Why are you so aggressive rambofan.

I know and they are not new they have been sponsors before and they are back.
You will have to wait until it is announced soon.
PS
They are not major (jumper or shorts) but players may be wearing them.
URM ?

Cambo said:
lovefooty said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Who needs to adjust their approach to posting here & read the sites terms & conditions ?

PS
URM ?
Bummer (thats a hint)

I can't see why Matai would leave? He's not asked for what he's worth in the past and isn't this evidence of him wanting to stay at our great club.

DSM5 said:
I can't see why Matai would leave? He's not asked for what he's worth in the past and isn't this evidence of him wanting to stay at our great club.

Its not about who wants to stay. Its about who can we afford now that alot of the cap is taken up with the 2 key players getting upgrades.
Something has to give and it will cause some heartache. I am sure they all want to stay but that just cant happen.

I dont see why it has to be Matai ? Hes not on huge money but average. Someone clarify ? Id much rather lose someone else in the squad, just havent thought of who ! Whares form so far has been very good, and id like to think he would be a long term future prospect. How old is matai ?

bennyeagle said:
I dont see why it has to be Matai ? Hes not on huge money but average. Someone clarify ? Id much rather lose someone else in the squad, just havent thought of who ! Whares form so far has been very good, and id like to think he would be a long term future prospect. How old is matai ?

I think he's 28 at the moment and from memory he stayed for about 250k but I could well be wrong about the money.

We all have our favourites and I don't mind admitting he's one of mine, I'd be very sad to see him go, but good luck to him if he can set himself and his family up for the future.

lovefooty said:
Cambo said:
lovefooty said:
Jatz Crackers said:

PS
URM ?
Bummer (thats a hint)

Elton John????? I dont belive it.

Hopefully we announce a re-signing of someone prominent soon. After that, all the sheep should fall into line. If not, then it might all turn to ****.

Foran and DCE were stated as being "hopefully" signed after the WCC. They haven't been. WTF is taking so long.

lovefooty said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Rambofan said:
Clue two.Who is the Major sponsor about to come on board you dust mites?

Lets see who knows about the club and who dosnt?

AUSSIE BUM (the sponsor)

BINGO

There you go rambo . Who's the nob Jockey now.
Surely they would get the back of the shorts sponsorship ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7