Matai out for at least Two weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Does anyone know how many grade 4 charges there has been this year. This makes two for us so far.

Are we being one eyed to say that the match review panel is biased or being influenced by the media?

shawn.b said:
Does anyone know how many grade 4 charges there has been this year. This makes two for us so far.

Are we being one eyed to say that the match review panel is biased or being influenced by the media?

You obviously haven't read the judiciary rules in regard to penalty loadings.
Section C
Paragraph 1
Points loading.
(i) All players will have carry over points and previous offences added as a loading onto any current penalties. However in the case of ANY Manly players being put on report they will immediately have an additional 150% loading added to any charge whatsoever.
(ii) In addition if said Manly players name sounds like Matai or Williams there will be an addition 150% loading added to their existing Manly loading. :s

Matai has copped two weeks- which effectively means he misses the dragoons and cap cheats matches.

But what if Manly select him to play NSW Cup against Illawarra on Saturday June 9 (yes I checked the NSWRL match schedule) during the week of the bye? This is different to an instance a few years back where (I can't remember who it was) was selected on the Saturday to serve his suspension so that he could play on the Sunday.

We are talking about matches on different weekends.
Also on this point, Michael Jennings hadn't been picked in any grade last Tuesday, but let's assume he had been picked to play for Windsor once again last weekend- he then copped a one week suspension in origin, which one assumes he would have served by missing out on the Windsor match- therefore Steve Magic gets picked in NSW Cup and is free for the cap cheats match.

Vyssini said:
Matai has copped two weeks- which effectively means he misses the dragoons and cap cheats matches.

But what if Manly select him to play NSW Cup against Illawarra on Saturday June 9 (yes I checked the NSWRL match schedule) during the week of the bye? This is different to an instance a few years back where (I can't remember who it was) was selected on the Saturday to serve his suspension so that he could play on the Sunday.

Also on this point, Michael Jennings hadn't been picked in any grade last Tuesday, but let's assume he had been picked to play for Windsor once again last weekend- he then copped a one week suspension in origin, which one assumes he would have served by missing out on the Windsor match- therefore Steve Magic gets picked in NSW Cup and is free for the cap cheats match.

Unfortunately - its NRL Games. NSW Cup is run by NSWRL.

I also agree that two Manly Players copping Grade 4's is bordering on 'profiling' :dodgy:

Stevie needs the rest - his arm was already flopping about from the pain and effort he put in prior to the hit. The Manly forwards who were NOT effecting tackles are the ones he should take out to the back sheds :mad:

HappilyManly said:
Vyssini said:

I also agree that two Manly Players copping Grade 4's is bordering on 'profiling' :dodgy:

Stevie needs the rest - his arm was already flopping about from the pain and effort he put in prior to the hit. The Manly forwards who were NOT effecting tackles are the ones he should take out to the back sheds :mad:

I'm sure you are probably right, but why is it that Jennings (or any player for that matter) who gets suspended during a rep match, (which is not run by the NRL) has to see out their suspension in the NRL?

Vyssini said:
HappilyManly said:
Vyssini said:

I'm sure you are probably right, but why is it that Jennings (or any player for that matter) who gets suspended during a rep match, (which is not run by the NRL) has to see out their suspension in the NRL?

What happens when someone gets suspended after origin 3? They never cop it because they retire from rep footy

Should have gone for a downgrade, grade 4 is way over the top, these grades are only ever used for Manly players. I honestly think that we should have contested some of Matai's past charges, I reckon he may have won some of them. Because we always roll over and admit guilt it makes Matai look way worse than he actually is. We have helped the judiciary create a monster. They gave Matai and Williams high gradings knowing that we would not contest them. I thought I read something the other day that we have fought charges for Matai on 2 occassions and won both times. Oh well too late now, this will hurt us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4