Matai will be gone ski

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why is he going skiing now. We are still only half way through the season. He could be in trouble for one of his tackles though. If he is suspended for that high hit the skiing will keep his mind off the footy and do him well.

If he gets suspended and origin remains the farce it has become, one wishes the players could play solely for their club and still remain in contention for an Aust jersey if that is their want.

I'm thinking Matai will get between 4 to 6 weeks on the sideline. Will be a big shame because apart from Kieran Foran he is our only back that can consistently hit really hard in defence.

Our friend Dean Ritchie has already given Matai 4 weeks, judge, jury and executioner by media.

Back to his idiot ways. We can ill afford this sort of indiscipline. There is no need for this head thing. He levels many players legally, why stray from that?

DSM5 said:
Back to his idiot ways. We can ill afford this sort of indiscipline. There is no need for this head thing. He levels many players legally, why stray from that?

Great player but fair dinkum he is Heart attack material. He nearly lost it in the Roosters game.

#NRL Judiciary: S Matai (MAN) Grade FOUR careless high tackle. 2 weeks early plea, 3 weeks unsuccessful contest #NRLpenman

2 weeks early plea, could have been worse i guess. He will miss the Stgeorge and Storm games.

Far out he will miss the storm :( but 2 is better than the smellegraths 4 weeks.

DSM5 said:

That's a bit rough on Stevie. He has been very disciplined the last 12-18 months. He does sail close to the wind sometimes, but yesterdays incident wasn't your garden variety swinging arm to the head, I thought the Penrith guy fell into it a little. You can't applaud Matai's aggression and physical dominance on one hand and then chastise him with the other if it goes a little awry. I think Stevie has tempered his on field behaviour quite considerably, but unfortunately he is a marked man due to previous history.

torana355 said:
2 weeks early plea, could have been worse i guess. He will miss the Stgeorge and Storm games.

Why do they call it 'weeks' when they mean matches? If it's two weeks then he doesn't miss the Storm match because we have a bye before, don;t we?

Fair comment C & C, but really, was it necessary. Don't all the players realize just how much we need them on the park?

I haven't seen the replay but a few people have said it he made initial contact with the ball and as he fell in the tackle that's when he hit his head? Would love to see them challenge it if this is the case.

I was there live and as Toovey said the big screen was useless too much shadow couldn't see a thing.

Any one have it on video or YouTube?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8