• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From memory they delayed Matai's pleading in the case for judiciary until the Kiwis named him in thier squad and then as soon as he was named they pleaded guilty.

Cheap shots? R u all falling for that non manly supporter hyperbole???? The guy is a star, best shots in the business!!!

He was consistantly one of our best all year, without him, we struggle! The suspension he got was deserved, and he needs to make up for it, but, think about the next time he smashes someone and we get possession and good field position, I'm sure you wont be thinking it anymore.

Manly have had guys like him for years. Williams, Innes, Hill, they all loved to get in there with some mongrel in their defence, its part of the Manly Formula. Whats the common factor between all those centres??? They have all been part of our last three premiership teams, and been involved in our most dominant eras.

kingoftherodeo link said:
Cheap shots? R u all falling for that non manly supporter hyperbole???? The guy is a star, best shots in the business!!!

He was consistantly one of our best all year, without him, we struggle! The suspension he got was deserved, and he needs to make up for it, but, think about the next time he smashes someone and we get possession and good field position, I'm sure you wont be thinking it anymore.

Manly have had guys like him for years. Williams, Innes, Hill, they all loved to get in there with some mongrel in their defence, its part of the Manly Formula. Whats the common factor between all those centres??? They have all been part of our last three premiership teams, and been involved in our most dominant eras.

Matai, was one of our best all year, no doubt. He gave us go forward, which I loved, his passion is second to none.

The issue is that as in all things you live and die by your own reputation, and once you have a 'name' you have to take care to avoid those line ball moments. Refs like to say they are impartial, as do judiciaries, and the media, but the honest truth is that when a player goes in for a 50/50 shot the result is most often determined by the general impression people have of that player.

I remember a year back when a slimmer Rose tackled a player and the Ref called out for him to get off, and gave a penalty very quickly when he failed to move fast. The only problem was that he called out to Choc, who was being penalized for laying in tackles all the time. Choc wasn't even on the field at the time. Normally that 50/50 tackle would have gone unpenalised, because Rose is not targeted by the refs, but because the ref thought it was Choc the whistle was blown. Fair? No. Understandable, sure.

Now back to Matai, he is a good player, his hits are big and his aggression is valuable. But great players play to the limitations around them and overcome those limitations. Matai needs to step up this year, and find a way to maintain the agro without overstepping the line. Now it may not be fair that for him the line is a little stricter then it is for say Jamie, but that's life and a real leader accepts that and produces the big plays anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6