Mateo - Hard Done By?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We could do with someone adventurous as mateo.
I personally think that is the opposite of what we need. We lack any real structure in attack or defense and that is a big part of the issue. Because of that lack of structure our plays look terrible and like something out of kids touch footy. They just aren't run with any real directness, its all just depth play with a few angles all the defense has to do is sit back and wait for the ball runner to hit the line.

I think we looked dangerous when we did have BJ offloading, but we will look more dangerous when we have better overall structure.

As I mentioned after round one, it sure is a bad sign when last years hacks look better options than this years hacks, but I will go on record and say for the same reasons as the author of this thread mentioned, his offloading skills would be an asset this year.
Just sad he seems on the outer. A joke, it's this same kind of snubbing and favouritism that killed Manly last year - why can't people just get over it?
NYEagle

I'm over waiting for Mateo to deliver on his potential. Ne needs to bring "it" on a consistent basis along with the 1%er effort plays, glimpses of what could be don't cut it any more. He needs to head to the ESL where he can dominate, rather than continuing to threaten to turn the corner and become an NRL force. At the moment I consider Leary more hard done by.

Last edited:
Mateo was easily the Warriors best, and their biggest threat, when we beat them in the 2011 GF. He can play.

Mateo's hard yard metres gained last year made him a real asset. His ball security made him a liability. We had similar problems with Choc. And Choc (eventually) did make improvements in his discipline. If Barrett and Cartwright can help him tighten his ball security, then he becomes a powerful addition.

I still feel Mateo was told by the club to piss off, and he dug his heels in, so they told him he'd languish in Reserve Grade. It's an absolute joke Barrett is favoring his buddies from The Dragons and Penrith, and it will be his undoing.

For the record, Mateo as 2 tries in 2 games so far in NSW Cup as a forward.

As I mentioned after round one, it sure is a bad sign when last years hacks look better options than this years hacks, but I will go on record and say for the same reasons as the author of this thread mentioned, his offloading skills would be an asset this year.
Just sad he seems on the outer. A joke, it's this same kind of snubbing and favouritism that killed Manly last year - why can't people just get over it?
NYEagle
Because this is how Zorba has operated for many years now with his favourites.

He was good last year and is a confidence player.

It goes against every bit of management training to treat him like this. Why bother employ sports psychologists if you are undoing any good work.

I would have him off the bench rotating with Taupau and Jake

Surely the job of a coach is to identify the talent and work out how to unlock it? Yep, many have failed before but this is one talented guy who most certainly is not going to respond to demotion. Come on Trent, ya can't fail at everything! Yair. Na!!!!!

To me it would appear that Feliti is 2016's Wolfman. He'll only get used if there are so many injuries that they actually have to have someone there.

The club wanted him gone. He dug his heels in and now he's basically been banished to NSW Cup for the season.

Pity really.

To me it would appear that Feliti is 2016's Wolfman. He'll only get used if there are so many injuries that they actually have to have someone there.

The club wanted him gone. He dug his heels in and now he's basically been banished to NSW Cup for the season.

Pity really.
I'd be surprised if we still aren't trying to shed players before the June cut off.

Barrett may be the coach but I suspect Fulton pulls the strings and he'd move heaven and earth to save face.

I'd be surprised if we still aren't trying to shed players before the June cut off.

Barrett may be the coach but I suspect Fulton pulls the strings and he'd move heaven and earth to save face.

Hit the nail on the head ... dare I say it Fulton and his ego is our biggest problem ...

We need proper structure.

Feliti and his crazy off loads and game fading are not needed until the rest of the team get their **** together.
Then he will be valued again for the x factor that he is capable of bringing to the table.

We cant carry him right now.

NYEagle

Because revenge isn't sweet until everyone has gone, any semblance of support for 2V and you are on the outer.

He stood his digs ( most didn't) and is no doubt now paying the price.

Although one could say that he's having the last laugh as he's eating up $400k (guess, I don't actually know) of cap running around looking silly in the Reggies.

We need proper structure.

Feliti and his crazy off loads and game fading are not needed until the rest of the team get their **** together.
Then he will be valued again for the x factor that he is capable of bringing to the table.

We cant carry him right now.

Nathan Green got the ball in open space, panicked and stop to a dead halt. Surely you think Mateo is better than that.

Good point above, we are critical of Barrett BUT maybe he's not pulling the strings, maybe Fulton is, supported by his great mate ZtH.

Revenge
Nepotism
Saving face

All words I never thought I'd have to utter about my club.

According to twent and bozy, Mateo is worse than green for the team at the moment.

Given the amount of dropped ball and lack of structure it seems logical.

But when everything calms down and the boys start playing to their roster, Mateo should be back. If not; card was marked.

Taupau, Myles, Koroisau, Brown, have all been at three clubs.

In and out of first grade over their whole careers though? No. Taupau established himself at the Tigers, always in the side then. Myles always in firsts. Koroisau only young, looking to establish himself and Brown has been a consistent at the Warriors and Panthers from memory once he established himself. These guys are nothing like Mateo.

In saying all that I do not mind him but to think he is our saviour and hard done by is just stupid when you look at his previous history. Anyone who thinks he is the missing link is kidding themselves. That person is Brett.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4