Matt Lodge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Journeyman prop? Juniors at Bulldogs then Tigers a couple of seasons & us. How is that journeyman?
Journeyman prop? Juniors at Bulldogs then Tigers a couple of seasons & us. How is that journeyman?
journeyman • \JER-nee-mun\ • noun. 1 : a worker who has learned a trade and works for another person usually by the day 2 : an experienced reliable worker, athlete, or performer especially as distinguished from one who is brilliant or colorful.

So yeah. I guess the second one. Though I don’t think he’s all that reliable anymore.

With what he is already being paid for next year by warriors .. plus whatever he can get from his new club .. he will probably be the highest paid prop going around next year
Lodge has been paid out for the remainder of his contract with the Warrriors and they will have to carry that in their salary cap, should Manly sign him for say 700k, we will have to pay him the full amount as this will be a new contract, it's a win win for Lodge, lose lose for the Warriors.
Lodge might be willing to accept a lower contract of around 450-500k seeing that he already hasa windfall from the Warriors, but if several clubs are interested, his price won't come down

Last edited:
Lodge is the signing we need. Against the better sides we lose our go forward. Garlic sauce is the only prop who bends the line constantly. The rest are inconsistent. Forget lodges history it's in the past. He has a lot to offer and woild come cheap with the warriors paying part of the bill until the end of next year

His record of being a **** bloke is still well and truly in the present, the Warriors didn’t pay him money to **** off because he was a quality member of the squad.

Take Lodge and Pangai out of Brisbane and look at them now, speaks volumes

Manly may have been previously looking at the Lodge issue in the context of Marty most likely leaving soon and just a bit of uncertainty on the makeup of the prop grouping then ongoing . Seems now to be the case that enough prop depth is coming through with the likes of Tuitavake , Fifita , Bulemor and Jake and Davey options obviously also . No indication Boyle will be retained though and some expectation that Alioia , Paseka, Sipley and Keppie can provide the consistency to be competitive in the ruck . Plus the baggage factor with Lodge , couldn 't really see it being an ideal move to recruit him .

Warriors have paid out Lodge 700k which will count towards this years cap and next years.

There is something fishy here.....it doesn't make sense
Very true, the Warriors high command were falling over themselves stuffing Lodges pockets with the 700k. mmm...you would of thought they'd negotiate a walk away deal that would of suited both parties, not just Lodge..??

I think that's 700k just for next year alone! Plus what ever is remaining this year. To everyones dismay. He could be the cheap pick up we need!
This guys on subsidy deals courtesy of the dumb Broncs and Warriors, who knows maybe the Warriors still have to chip in a bit more next season to finally offload the bum.

T
History tells us quick fixes generally don't work. I'm with Al we have enough talent coming through and if I had a say I'd be saying no.
This is the thing. It is just a quick fix. Lodge isn't going to put us over the top in terms of our premiership aspirations. And if it goes wrong then its got the potential to de-stabilize the club.

A couple of clubs have been seduced by his size and aggression and both sent him packing.

Case closed.

We might have a bit more salary cap to play with next year if it increases to $10m for the top 30 players

It’s expected the salary cap could rise to as much as $10 million next year, which would be used to pay a club’s top 30 players. The base salary cap for the top 30 players is $9.118 million in 2022

His record of being a ** bloke is still well and truly in the present, the Warriors didn’t pay him money to ** off because he was a quality member of the squad.

Take Lodge and Pangai out of Brisbane and look at them now, speaks volumes

Warriors sent him packing because their CEO is a complete moron who gets in alterations with his players then pays them out next years option to keep them quiet

Speaking of CEOs I'm putting Brisbanes improvement down to Dave Donaghy

That said, I'm not convinced Lodge is a good idea for Manly...

Last edited:
We might have a bit more salary cap to play with next year if it increases to $10m for the top 30 players

It’s expected the salary cap could rise to as much as $10 million next year, which would be used to pay a club’s top 30 players. The base salary cap for the top 30 players is $9.118 million in 2022

Could help but smart agents have clauses in their players contracts that their deals increase the same % as any cap rise

Just because he bought a Bayview property doesn’t mean he would play for manly. Chris Dawson lived at Bayview, and played for jets for example.
Numerous players from other clubs have lived in the GOC without any apparent thought of playing for Manly.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10