Matthew Johns: Geoff Toovey has taken all kinds of punishment for Manly and deserves respect

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He has inside info on our coaching set-up from his sons' experience and possibly his brother.

Don't know about inside info as he has been off the mark most times with anything Manly related. However i think he has an appreciation for the club and what it has achieved

Is Matty Johns young bloke a half , maybe he is just trying to get him a start next year apparently manly are after a couple of halves as they say if your good enough your old enough and Toovs looked about 12 in his debut . But all seriousness this board better make sure they back Toovs cause if they thought there was some unrest from the G Stewart fall out they wont know what him them from the fans if they shaft Toovs

The Try Stand regulars have spoken with 2v and 'he is no good'.

He is under enormous pressure, hope the Players lift for him and show the 'back room' fwits how valuable he is to a happy Manly

I do some athletics training up at Narrabeen so I will have to march solo. Be warned Kelly I am watching you! Don't touch our tooves or I will attack you with my spikes you f$$kwit

Matty Johns has surprised me. What a top article.
I reckon Joey's had a bit to do with that article. They've tried to question him on the footy show and nine and he has said nothing ( but you know he's busting too!...). I wouldn't be surprised if Joey wrote it and stuck his brothers name on it. Not that it matters, it's about time someone from the media jumped into Tooves corner. I'll tell ya what...if they do punt him...it'll be Cumberland Oval all over again!

What more can the guy do for the club. Played his guts out and above his weight in his playing career. Did the role of assistant coach, without putting his own personal agenda above those of others. Got dumped into head coach when we were in total disarray, but still had has a record most coaches would kill for.
Get rid of him, times up for me after 40 years.

Thank god for this artical, migh help put some things in perspective for those who want his head,
This guys is our future, booting him will put us back even further.
When the salary cap was introduced Toovey and co all took pay cuts to keep the team together.
Then to being waterboy then to coach.
The team is changing no thanks to the board and I also suspect the coaching staff have lost some passion leaving Toovey with the weight of the world. And he cops that! he needs more power to make the decisions he needs to make to win games and gf footy.

Whatever happens with Tooves I just hope that it is dignified and respectful. After the massive efforts that this guy put in for the club during his playing days he is owed....big time. If he gets shafted or hung out to dry because of some petty boardroom politics it will be a dark day for this club. He is one of only 3 or 4 guys you would consider true legends of Manly, he needs to be treated as such.

Whatever happens with Tooves I just hope that it is dignified and respectful. After the massive efforts that this guy put in for the club during his playing days he is owed....big time. If he gets shafted or hung out to dry because of some petty boardroom politics it will be a dark day for this club. He is one of only 3 or 4 guys you would consider true legends of Manly, he needs to be treated as such.
Hear hear !!!

Tooves you have a lot of support out here, your a Manly legend, if Penn and Kelly use you as as a scapegoat Manly will lose a lot of fans.

As Arko said 'toughest player to ever pull on a boot' . Another harragon moment was when we played canberra down there in the mid-90s and big mal lined up toovs to make a speed bump of him and ended up on his back 10 metres toward his own tryline. Beautiful.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6