Matthew Wright to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jesus, I hope you're right… er, Wright. I still miss Robbo, probably my favourite winger of all time.
Wright was very solid for the Cows at wing and centre before he was forced to sit down for having the misfortune of being a former Cronulla player. Never got his spot back after that.
I think it's a much overlooked factor since 2011, the decline in the all-round defensive qualities of our wingers.

Robertson was great, so was Hicks in that regard. Williams was good for several years, but the accelerated trend towards taller wingers helped to prematurely end his career. Tommy T is good, but short on experience, whereas Horhay is heart in the mouth stuff. Nothing much has changed since he debuted in 2012.

This Wright buy might turn into the right buy. I'd even settle for an alright buy.:)

I think it's a much overlooked factor since 2011, the decline in the all-round defensive qualities of our wingers.

Robertson was great, so was Hicks in that regard. Williams was good for several years, but the accelerated trend towards taller wingers helped to prematurely end his career. Tommy T is good, but short on experience, whereas Horhay is heart in the mouth stuff. Nothing much has changed since he debuted in 2012.

This Wright buy might turn into the right buy. I'd even settle for an alright buy.:)

I disagree Terry, I don't think the defensive qualities of wingers has decreased at all. I believe the difference today is every single back line move and 9/10 5th tackle options are targeted solely at the winger.

The number of times a winger is left stranded by a miss inside and left with 3 attackers coming at him has increased 3 fold. Every game every winger is put "on the spot" at least 6-10 times. They all miss one or two.

Junior club footy for the Roos. Penrith & Parra have other schools they 'feed' kids into as well, St Pats and Terra Sancta were just the two around the Blacktown area - it was always a funny split as club-wise, it's Penrith's catchment, but right on the border so Parramatta & Penrith compete for the talented kids once they get to high school age.

(My brothers all played in Penrith's JRL, and numerous kids we grew up with were channeled into one of those two schools. Pretty sure only one ever made the NRL!)
Thanks for that I'm from the mt druitt area and me and my partner will be having a first born in 6mths ( hopefully a boy!! ) and it got me thinking what would be the best teams or schools to send him too for league. I know the Roos are a very good club

Has anyone heard if we are still chasing Moses Pangai? He's an outside back that is currently playing with the Townsville Blackhawks. He's a big centre/winger, 191cm (6ft 3in) and around 105kgs. The Blackhawks are leading the intrust super cup so far this year with Moses playing in the centres. He'd be a handy pick up.

I disagree Terry, I don't think the defensive qualities of wingers has decreased at all. I believe the difference today is every single back line move and 9/10 5th tackle options are targeted solely at the winger.

The number of times a winger is left stranded by a miss inside and left with 3 attackers coming at him has increased 3 fold. Every game every winger is put "on the spot" at least 6-10 times. They all miss one or two.

Wingers are being left stranded because centres from pretty much all the sides are screaming in to try and shut down backline plays, and invariably failing.

The obvious exception, IMO, is the Raiders dynamic duo of Jordan Rapana and Joey Leilua. Those two hunt together for 80mins, both in defence and attack.

Thanks for that I'm from the mt druitt area and me and my partner will be having a first born in 6mths ( hopefully a boy!! ) and it got me thinking what would be the best teams or schools to send him too for league. I know the Roos are a very good club

It probably doesn't matter too much when they are little, just whatever club is local and you have a good feeling about the coaches etc (would say that for all sports really). Most of the public schools in that area would play league in the PSSA comps anyway, once they get to high school I guess you'd have more of a look at how they go at sport etc. All about fun with their mates when they're little anyway!

Congrats on the bub :)

It probably doesn't matter too much when they are little, just whatever club is local and you have a good feeling about the coaches etc (would say that for all sports really). Most of the public schools in that area would play league in the PSSA comps anyway, once they get to high school I guess you'd have more of a look at how they go at sport etc. All about fun with their mates when they're little anyway!

Congrats on the bub :)
Thanks

Any chance you can move over to the mwse grading areas :0)

Wright has skills certainly not out of place on the wing for the cows. Taufua could be another Frank Stokes and only ever appear for a game or two here or there. No way will they drop Tom. As good as Jorge is rucking it up. His awareness of where the footy is when the ball is in the air, is probably the worst in the league. I'd love to see Jorge in the centres.

If I was coach I would have him in there on Monday without any doubt. Williame is worth two to three tries to the Knights

Interesting logic given he has only been responsible for 1 try in 2 appearances so far this year and we are playing the poorest squad on paper in the comp.

I think you have failed to factor in he is partnered with Matai so wont be knifed in the back by so called supporters when Lyon comes in off his man yet again leaving a 2 on 1 overlap like he has been doing since wolfman was uninjured.

Any chance you can move over to the mwse grading areas :0)
Haha if only unfortunately I think houses are out of my price range. Would in a heartbeat though! Waking up 5 mins stroll from the beach! Aghh the good life

Congrats on your upcoming little one. I know you and your wife will be stoked with the arrival of healthy kid, boy or girl. Girls can play junior rugby league as well. And the women's comp is increasing in skill and popularity by the day. So whatever the sex of your beautiful new bub, you'll have a newborn Manly supporter and the world will be a better place.

Congrats on your upcoming little one. I know you and your wife will be stoked with the arrival of healthy kid, boy or girl. Girls can play junior rugby league as well. And the women's comp is increasing in skill and popularity by the day. So whatever the sex of your beautiful new bub, you'll have a newborn Manly supporter and the world will be a better place.
Well said.. And yes the world will be a better pace with another manly fan. Arguments have already began over which team the little one will be supporting with the father in law an avid knights supporter! I'll do my best to stop my child from being corrupted.. A solid fend to the face might be the go lol

Well said.. And yes the world will be a better pace with another manly fan. Arguments have already began over which team the little one will be supporting with the father in law an avid knights supporter! I'll do my best to stop my child from being corrupted.. A solid fend to the face might be the go lol

http://canucks.nhl.com/

problem sorted.

:angel:

I have managed to turn the 3 year old toddler from a bronco mum and a titans dad into an avid Manly supporter-much to their disgust:giggle:. Kid's just got more brains than the parents.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7