Matty Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
Matty is taking it to the RLPA as he signed, was registered and the machinations of the Board are not his problem :mad:

Manly can pay him out as he already said that NSW Cup is fine by him. If someone looked at his work /study/family schedule, they would not be able to fit it all into 24 hours @:cool:

Pathetic media assault now directed towards Matty.
Next we will get the Arko story on how a player gets complacent after 5 years at a Club - like the one he so patronizingly issued about 2v a few weeks ago @:mad:

I do like how the Lurker (who is supposed to post rumours), just posts opinion when he doesn't have any rumours to report. Yeah we'd all like Matty B to stay and go out on his terms but I think the issue is as simple as based on the style of footy Barrett probably wants to play, we need hookers who can get out and move and that just isn't Ballin's natural game at the moment. So is it worth his time to toil away in NSW Cup when he could probably fetch a starting gig somewhere.
Dean Ritchie had the same message for Matty in the DT yesterday - move on.

Matty was just on Fox saying he is staying, honouring his end of the agreement. :nod:

Rolling out of bed to go to training, having a less intense and shorter comp in VB NSW CUP, and still get the same contract monies - he ain't just a pretty face :)

Mature Players, especially those that have already won a couple of Premierships, do not need the NRL Limelight. @:cool:

Manly could organize a multi million dollar deal up with the Capras and I'm sure Matty would accelerate his move back home to Kingaroy :lightbulb:

Matty was just on Fox saying he is staying, honouring his end of the agreement. :nod:

Rolling out of bed to go to training, having a less intense and shorter comp in VB NSW CUP, and still get the same contract monies - he ain't just a pretty face :)

Mature Players, especially those that have already won a couple of Premierships, do not need the NRL Limelight. @:cool:

Manly could organize a multi million dollar deal up with the Capras and I'm sure Matty would accelerate his move back home to Kingaroy :lightbulb:
Home for Matty & his family is the northern beaches not QLD.

I hope he stays and gets every cent of his contract.

You would imagine a lot of players sulking, not Matty Ballin, I can imagine him captaining the NSW Cup (or reserve grade or whatever it's going to be called next year) and winning the comp with that team. Perhaps captain coach?

If Matty wants to stay, even if it's in NSW Cup, then let him, he's earned that right. Personally, I think having Ballin in a combo with either Hodges or Koroisau gives a great option for any game situation. However, if Barrett and co deem he's not up to NRL next year, the benefit of having someone of his character, experience and work ethic as NSW Cup captain guiding the likes of Travers, Pearsall, Knight, Demetriou etc would be a huge benefit in developing the games of the next generation of players.

Wouldnt be listening to a word Ritchie says.He's a League journo who listens to Zorba yet was complaining about the non selection of TomT this week.Just proves that journos don't do any research.You'd think he'd be on top of the 2nd tier salary cap rules,obviously Zorba isn't either considering Ritchie only writes what he tells him

Short memories those in charge.

If Matt played last years final vs Dogs we don't get beaten by a point. Do you remember who the starting hooker was, Justin Horo with Daniel Harrison in the 2nd row,.

We probably make the GF and get pumped by the Pride Of The League.

I guess then the question is who is really running the place? Seems Bozo has been given the green light to do as he pleases.

Wouldnt be listening to a word Ritchie says.He's a League journo who listens to Zorba yet was complaining about the non selection of TomT this week.Just proves that journos don't do any research.You'd think he'd be on top of the 2nd tier salary cap rules,obviously Zorba isn't either considering Ritchie only writes what he tells him
Either that or Dean and Phil are of the opinion that the average Daily Bellylaugh reader wouldn't understand that stuff anyway.

I guess then the question is who is really running the place? Seems Bozo has been given the green light to do as he pleases.
He has inherited the feifdom from his spiritual dad, Ken Farthurson. Silent P and his son Mr Fluffy merely control the pursestrings.

Bozo forgets that Players now have contracts and he can't pick and choose a Team each game, like he does for Rep Games.@:cool:

It's atrocious timing, just when Manly are finally focused on the field :mad:

Just watching Matty on Fox, gee his face is scarred and bruised :( I thought that scrums were no longer a free for all @:rolleyes:

Bozo forgets that Players now have contracts and he can't pick and choose a Team each game, like he does for Rep Games.@:cool:

It's atrocious timing, just when Manly are finally focused on the field :mad:

Just watching Matty on Fox, gee his face is scarred and bruised :( I thought that scrums were no longer a free for all @:rolleyes:
Mate he cops a fresh shiner nearly every game.

upload_2015-8-5_15-4-1.png
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/?v=manly-hesitant-to-face-turner_1227471033797&vc=222
1:18 mins

Matt Ballin to fight for his Manly future after being told he’s unwanted for 2016
  • 3 HOURS AGO AUGUST 05, 2015 12:28PM
MATT Ballin has vowed to fight for his future at Manly after being told he was unwanted for next year despite being under contract.

Trent Barrett’s appointment as Sea Eagles coach for 2016 has ushered in an era of change at Brookvale, with as many of half the current NRL squad unlikely to be on the northern beaches next season.

But veteran hooker Ballin, who brought up his 200th game for Manly earlier this season, wants to stay.

“I am still committed to the club and want to be at the club,” Ballin said.

“When I signed at the start of the year I wanted to stay at the club and to make the club a better place and that hasn’t changed for me.

“So I am still of the same opinion that I am a player with the club and I have every right to stay.”

Ballin’s position as Manly’s long-serving hooker will come under threat from signing Apisai Koroisau, and the 31-year-old said he understood the situation had changed at Brookvale since he recommitted for two more seasons in April.

“There are some circumstances behind that, the coaching staff has changed,” Ballin said.

“But my decision was to stay when players were leaving and the place wasn’t going too well.

“I decided to stay and now that the club is going better I want to stay and play my football here and stay for a club I really love and love playing for.”

Ballin said he was yet to speak with Barrett about his plans for Manly for next year and beyond.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...nwanted-for-2016/story-fndv31ch-1227470968678

I really think that id prefer Ballin for the first 20min of each half holding the middle together then Api ( who i think is a great signing) to rip it up late in the half/ game and who can cover the halves when injures occur starting from the bench.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10