Matty Johns on MMM

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well Koudini, if the club has been run so badly for 25 years then how did we win it 08? How did we make 07? 2 premierships in 5 years would tend to make me think we have been traveling ok.
We don't get to see much reserve grade up here due to the SCSE heading back down south, but do you really beleive there is no talent to even make the bench in the NRL? You are definately in a better position than me to judge if you are seeing games. I can only go by results/scorelines and by what other people say on here. There must be some young blokes running around down there though. If not, then we won't miss Crusher either as he must not have been doing his job.

Anyone who says that there is no talent in our NSW cup team is talking out their arse. We are fine that department.

Rodo said:
Des must stay and see out his contract. The board would be crazy to sack him now.

Yes, but 5/7th of the Board have already shown themselves to be crazy, riven with bitterness, vendettas and driven by self interest and free sangas.

Totally agree. I cant believe I just heard on the news that the Board has a couple of members who want him sacked - I wonder who - duh! and Scott Penn said they will vote on it today. Are they mad? They need to keep him for 2012 to blood Toovey, settle the unrest as it will keep the players happy and also so the get out clauses cant be activated by the players in question. Des is professional enough to do the job properly. He has the players backing who are filfthy with the board and this will make it 100 times worse. He needs to be here for next year - we still have a good chance of going back to back. And why let Greenberg and his dirty dogs get him earlier - they are so smug about all of this and it is just what they wanted to happen.

Noosa girl said:
Totally agree. I cant believe I just heard on the news that the Board has a couple of members who want him sacked - I wonder who - duh! and Scott Penn said they will vote on it today. Are they mad? They need to keep him for 2012 to blood Toovey, settle the unrest as it will keep the players happy and also so the get out clauses cant be activated by the players in question. Des is professional enough to do the job properly. He has the players backing who are filfthy with the board and this will make it 100 times worse. He needs to be here for next year - we still have a good chance of going back to back. And why let Greenberg and his dirty dogs get him earlier - they are so smug about all of this and it is just what they wanted to happen.

5-2 says Des is gone.

Noosa girl said:
Blood toovs? Hes been the assistant for 6 years!

Keep Des for 2012, however announce the appointment of Toovs for 2013 now.

This way, hopefully, the players and Des bond together tight for one last crack at it. And everyone knows what the plans for 2013 are so Toovs can get about sorting his roster.

Matabele said:
Rodo said:
Des must stay and see out his contract. The board would be crazy to sack him now.

Yes, but 5/7th of the Board have already shown themselves to be crazy, riven with bitterness, vendettas and driven by self interest and free sangas.

I didn't know Quantum were devisive and hungry!

Melbourne Eagle said:

This way, hopefully, the players and Des bond together tight for one last crack at it. And everyone knows what the plans for 2013 are so Toovs can get about sorting his roster.
That makes a lot of common sense and if the board had any common sense they would have renewed Haslers contract long before he won another final and his value had gone through the roof . This is a board
that has no vision but only creates division.

A coach works with a team - one we have in place at the moment. Des is head cast but has two assistant coaches, a trainer, a fitness manager, a football manager, a head doctor (and health team that are outstanding), a statistition, plus a whole lot of other roles that could be mentioned including that of talent scouting, player retention, video analysis plus the odd-job sort of man (gear manager etc). They are close to the players and have a close relationship with them. These guys are all working well together.

The differences in the club seem to relate to the relationship between this team of people and the front office (and board).

It appears that the board believe that Des is too gung-ho and isn't prepared to work with them, wanting to call the shots himself. Des seems to resent the interference of the board into the football operations.

If the board can sort it out, the professionalism of the coach and players can make it work next year.

I say keep Des for 2012 and monitor the situation closely. If the wheels start falling off, the assistant coach is close enough to take over. The coaching staff are loyal to Des and if the board can be sorted out, it could work.

To have to build this staff from scratch and develop a new team, given that the players are on a six week break is unrealistic.

Melbourne Eagle said:

This is it - If Tooves is appointed coach now, he can attempt to resign the players already here that he wants, while also being in negotiations for other players for 2013. I've no idea who from other clubs are off contract next year but there must be some talent incase we lose a couple of players.

ManlyBacker said:
Matabele said:
Rodo said:

According to the the SMH this morning surfside actually own 37% of the club and it is a joint venture between Max and Quantum

Penn's family company, Penn Sport, owns 40.72 per cent of the NRL club, with Surfside - a partnership between former sponsor Quantum Energy and previous co-owner Max Delmege - holding a 37.24 per cent stake. The remaining 22 per cent is shared between Manly football club (13.11 per cent) and leagues club (8.9 per cent).

However, Penn Sport and Surfside are able to appoint just two directors each to the seven-person Sea Eagles board - meaning no one has control of the club.

Des has lost any respect he ever built up - in a week where we all should of been celebrating he torn the club apart and he's taken others with him, he carefully planned this and was deliberate in the timing of his announcement - if he had any class at ALL he would have waited a few weeks at least before making an announcement.

Punt him now he is a cancer and fix the board situation, if people like the Stewarts want out - let them go.

It's simple, if we have to keep him on at the club in order to keep the players from activating get out clauses then make him the assistant to Toovey...
Hasler can wear the blue shirt and run the water while Toovey yells abuse into his ear :laugh:

tookey said:
ManlyBacker said:
Matabele said:
Rodo said:

According to the the SMH this morning surfside actually own 37% of the club and it is a joint venture between Max and Quantum

Penn's family company, Penn Sport, owns 40.72 per cent of the NRL club, with Surfside - a partnership between former sponsor Quantum Energy and previous co-owner Max Delmege - holding a 37.24 per cent stake. The remaining 22 per cent is shared between Manly football club (13.11 per cent) and leagues club (8.9 per cent).

However, Penn Sport and Surfside are able to appoint just two directors each to the seven-person Sea Eagles board - meaning no one has control of the club.
which is the major problem
the chairman of the football club and leagues club has the control of 3 votes when the man that owns 42% has the control of 2 votes thats insane

How many members does the Football Club have ?? I just want to work out what percentage of the MWSE I own.

God said:
Des has lost any respect he ever built up - in a week where we all should of been celebrating he torn the club apart and he's taken others with him, he carefully planned this and was deliberate in the timing of his announcement - if he had any class at ALL he would have waited a few weeks at least before making an announcement.

Punt him now he is a cancer and fix the board situation, if people like the Stewarts want out - let them go.

F** U GOD !!

mcatt said:
It's simple, if we have to keep him on at the club in order to keep the players from activating get out clauses then make him the assistant to Toovey...
Hasler can wear the blue shirt and run the water while Toovey yells abuse into his ear :laugh:

I like this idea but I'd go a step futher and having clean the bathrooms on game day (with that mop he has on his head) for 12 months, technically he'd still be employed by the club and as a bonus for him and his peronal growth, it'd also be a good preperation for dealing with the filth at the dogs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8